Ratings for Dr. Thelma S. Asare

I was with Capital Women's up until I was about 31 weeks pregnant. It was great until I switched from the Westminster location to the Towson location. MY first appointment with this location, I saw Dr. Asare and she was rude. She fat shamed me because I gained a little more in my pregnancy than expected. She got smart with me and told me not to question her because she was in that profession for a long time and knew how to do her job. Well, 5 minutes, she confirmed that she was in fact, wrong. She said my weight was perfect until I told her how much I gained and then she told me I was overweight. I contacted her manager later, who was as nice as could be. She said she'd call me back the next day and I never heard from her. I called her the next week and after calling her, I received this. Let me also mention that the manager was really rude that time around. I'm so glad that they "kicked" me out of their practice. I found a better doctor who also was a high risk specialist, which is what I needed towards the end due to me getting Preeclampsia. He put me on bed rest. I had to be induced and after 15 hours of labor, I needed an emergency c-section that I needed to be put to sleep for. He was the perfect OB. I would not recommend Dr. Asare to my enemy. Did I mention that she rolled her eyes quite a bit and kept cutting me off? Read her other reviews and reconsider this practice.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2017

I had my tubes tied recently and my experience was excellent with Dr Asare. I was very nervous and her upbeat sense of humor was very helpful. My fiance even enjoyed her personality. Her assisting staff was great too. Listen up people. Appreciate the differences in all people. Signed Ms Leach (a real patient)

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

All I will say is... I had sharp pains all day and called the on call doctor which was dr asare that day unfortunately! I called 3 times and voice my concerns and she said I was fine. Finally at 8pm I couldn't take it anymore called her and told her something isn't right and I want to come in. She told me " you're not in labor I would definitely know if you were but come if you want too" I did just that and after being seen she comes in and tells me well you're about to have the baby! Like what? Why? What's wrong I'm only 35 weeks and she said "the baby failed the stress test we could keep him in until Monday but there is a possibility of having a dead baby on our hands!" Who says that to a high risk pregnant mom!!! Needless to say I have never returned because of her! Which is unfortunate because dr Ajman is amazing...

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

My disappointment in Dr. Asare is in several areas. My first pregnacy ended in a miscarriage so my second time getting pregnant was even more special. At my 12 week appointment, Dr. Asare became very opinionated about our interest in genetic testing. My husband and I felt very uncomfortable and decided to delay making a decision. At my 16 week appointment, she asked me if I was having testing and when I told her that I wanted the spina bifida you could sense her disappointment. The technician from Quest was very kind and asked if I had done the genetic testing and when Dr. Asare overheard the conversation, she came over and began questioning me. In front of strangers she asked if I would abort the baby or put my baby at first for miscarriage if a result was positive. I was extremely uncomfortable and felt like you was interrogating me with very personal, not medical questions. When it was clear that I was crying, she continued to try to talk me out of the genetic testing. Prior to that, I asked her about an unusual skin condition and she brushed it off and didn't even look at the rash. When you are waiting to see her, you fill out a form that has you indicate if anything unusual has happened since your last visit, I had noted that i was spotting for 2 weeks. She did not ask me anything about that and when I brought it up, she asked no questions and said it was normal. Needless to say, I have switched doctors.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

I have been going to Dr. Asare and the practice for years. I really appreciate Dr. Asare's great balance between Eastern thought and Western medicine. She is sharp and funny and to the point. I had a hard time getting pregnant. She developed a plan for me not only in her practice but on to a specialist when it reached that point. Dr. Akman delivered our first baby and Dr. Asare delivered our 2nd. I felt confident that we were in great hands. I would recommend Dr. Asare to friends looking for a smart, capable doctor. I appreciate her approach to medicine and I feel fortunate to have her as my Ob/Gyn.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014

I have gone to this practice for several years and have been pleased with all the clinicians I have encountered...until I had the displeasure of being seen by Dr. Asare. I have never been to a doctor that does not ask you one question, and when you attempt to ask a question, cuts you off and does not allow you to continue. I do not understand how she can make an accurate assessment of a patient if she does not seek information and makes it quite difficult to speak during your appointment. I do not undertand how this practice can keep her. She is a liability that will fail to diagnosis something secondary to her unwillingness to listen. I know three other women that use this practice and have the same high regard for all the clinicians with the exception of Dr. Asare. I was warned that she was "pushy and bossy" but I needed to be seen in a timely manner and she had an opening...I should have waited. I will not see her again.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Asare for several years now and find her to be very professional. She has a great sense of humor that goes unappreciated. Her tactics can be "interesting" yet she listens and gets her point across as well.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2013

The only high ratings given here are for the staff (who are phenomenal), not for Dr. Asare. Dr. Asare is unprofessional and lackadaisical. All of the other doctors and staff in the practice are wonderful. Dr. Asare's mediocre work ethic is the only negative aspect of the practice.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2013

I love Dr. Asare. She has a good sense of humor and is good at alleviating a patient's anxiety. She is also extremely good at giving shots.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2011

This woman is just about the strangest doctor I have ever encountered. I've been to her several times. She has blown off most of my concerns and never gives me the time to fully explain them before she just cuts me off. And it's usually with a weird eye-roll that just leaves you looking at the whites of her eyes. I find this type of treatment to be rude and demeaning. I believe that she thinks she is being humorous. But, it's not appreciated when you are trying to deal with health concerns.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2011

Dr. Thelma S. Asare's Credentials

• Yale University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Timonium, MD