Ratings for Dr. Subhash R. Puranik

I swear to fulfill, to the best of my ability and judgment, this covenant: I will respect the hard-won scientific gains of those physicians in whose steps I walk, and gladly share such knowledge as is mine with those who are to follow. I will apply, for the benefit of the sick, all measures [that] are required, avoiding those twin traps of overtreatment and therapeutic nihilism. I will remember that there is art to medicine as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the surgeon's knife or the chemist's drug. I will not be ashamed to say "I know not," nor will I fail to call in my colleagues when the skills of another are needed for a patient's recovery. I will respect the privacy of my patients, for their problems are not disclosed to me that the world may know. Most especially must I tread with care in matters of life and death. If it is given me to save a life, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty. Above all, I must not play at God. I will remember that I do not treat a fever chart, a cancerous growth, but a sick human being, whose illness may affect the person's family and economic stability. My responsibility includes these related problems, if I am to care adequately for the sick. I will prevent disease whenever I can, for prevention is preferable to cure. I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm. If I do not violate this oath, may I enjoy life and art, respected while I live and remembered with affection thereafter. May I always act so as to preserve the finest traditions of my calling and may I long experience the joy of healing those who seek my help.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

Respect for autonomy - the patient has the right to refuse or choose their treatment. (Voluntas aegroti suprema lex.) Beneficence - a practitioner should act in the best interest of the patient. (Salus aegroti suprema lex.) Non-maleficence - "first, do no harm" (primum non nocere). Justice - concerns the distribution of scarce health resources, and the decision of who gets what treatment (fairness and equality). Other values that are sometimes discussed include: Respect for persons - the patient (and the person treating the patient) have the right to be treated with dignity. Truthfulness and honesty - the concept of informed consent has increased in importance since the historical events of the Doctors' Trial of the Nuremberg trials and Tuskegee syphilis experiment.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015

Anyone who would circumcise a 4 YEAR OLD without the consent of BOTH parents should NOT be in practice!

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

Terrible experience. Please go elsewhere. Dr. Subhash has zero respect for his patients.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015