Ratings for Dr. Alice Chu

Waited 3 hours to be called in and only because the Dr saw me and realized I was waiting. Office staff is substandard at best non compassionate and rude. I became anemic and ended up hospitalized without the Dr acting on trending serious low test results.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

I love Dr Chu!!! Not only did she catch a diagnosis for me, that several doctors had missed, but, she really cares about improving my health. She has also been willing to work with the various insurance companies that I've had in the past two years, (no small feat!). Honestly, the thing I like best about her is that it feels like we are in partnership to improve my health. She respects my concerns and answers my questions thoroughly and is very generous. She actually did something for me that went above and beyond and I am very grateful. Look, I am not one to expect doctors to have all the answers. The body is so complicated and as we've destroyed the planet we have also trashed our immune systems. As much as doctors can keep up, I believe Dr Chu has. And as far as arrogance is concerned, (in response to other comments) I just don't see it. I see a woman who takes pride in her appearance, her domain and in her abilities. I respect that. (And on a side note...Dr. Chu is a seriously snappy dresser!!)

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

Her staff is rude and incompetent. I haven't see the actual doctor since she Dx me over two years ago. Her PA is very nice, but hasn't helped me at all. They changed labs to an out of network lab without telling their patients. I feel like all they care about is collecting their money. Can't wait to go to a new doctor. I have nothing positive to say about this practice or this doctor. Her front desk staff is ridiculous. Actually told me it's taking them a week to send me my records because they can't find my chart. Are you serious?? You tell your patients that? So unprofessional. I'm surprised people actually still go here. Never again.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2016

Dr. Chu is a remarkable person. She is knowledgeable and compassionate. She has been my rheumatologist for over 8 years and has always been accessible and understanding. I have even reached out to her on a Sunday and she returned my phone call within less than 5 minutes. Upon my diagnosis I was scared and untrusting, but Dr. Chu was patient and nurturing with her approach. I have gone for being barely able to move my joints to remission. I trust her expertise and would recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

Dr. Chu has been a blessing to me. I had arthritis so severe in my hands I could no longer play the guitar. I even had trouble opening lids on jars. I also had severe osteoporosis. With Dr. Chu's treatment I have improved tremendously. My bone density tests have shown great improvement and my hands are so much better I have even returned to the guitar. She is a caring doctor who addressed all of my concerns and has always treated me with respect. I really don't know where my life would be without her. She is a beautiful, compassionate person. Even if I did not need her services as a physician I would love to have her as a dear friend.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

Dr. Chu has been my doctor for almost six years. She spends a lot of time with me at each visit, takes extensive blood work on a regular basis, prescribes medication that helps to control my disease and listens and cares deeply about how I am feeling. I would (and have) recommended her. She is thorough and knowledgable; although I still struggle with my illness everday, it is not an exaggeration to say she has saved my life.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2015

I have been going tonDr. CHu for 3 years now. I am completely not satisfied. I feel that she doesn't take my condition seriously and is only worried about prescribing medicines that have caused me more pain then relieved my symptoms. Every time I go in, she continues to insist I take these expensive, and not FDA approved medicines. I am not a lab monkey to run test on, when some of the side effects can cause immediate death even if takeneed correctly. She insists on me taking a medicine that makes my joints feel extremely painful. She didreads my concerns and basically is calling me a liar for saying how I feel when I take these certain medicines. I am currently looking for a more professional and reliable doctor, who is not only looking to make money off my insurance. NO NOT GO TO DR. ALICE CHU

flag | Submitted March 20, 2015

Whoever posted that "dr" Alice Chu was an arrogant and terrible human being is correct, the rest are probably posted by her children or friends. She is more concerned about making money by milking the insurance system by prescribing you pills you don't need than about finding the root cause of your problems. A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2015

New patient, she just diagnosed me with rhuemtoid arthritis. Spend well over 45 minutes with me! Approachable, knowledgeable, answered all of my questions and concerns, gave me the positive outlook I needed, assured me she could help, loved everything about her. I am a straight forward person and so is she, I would certainly recommend her!

flag | Submitted October 25, 2014

I would never go back to this doctor. The day she diagnosed me with Lupus, she spent 5 minutes telling me that I should go to her husband's church to pray to God instead of explaining how I should approach being diagnosed with a chronic disease and how to fight it. When I told her I was seeking a second opinion, her staff failed to fax over the blood work and the doctor refused to share her notes where she documented my symptoms. Awful experience I do not wish even my worst enemies to go through what I went through with this doctor. An acquaintance went through similar experience and we are both most certainly looking for a different doctor.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2013