Ratings for Dr. Alice Chu

Her staff is rude and incompetent. I haven't see the actual doctor since she Dx me over two years ago. Her PA is very nice, but hasn't helped me at all. They changed labs to an out of network lab without telling their patients. I feel like all they care about is collecting their money. Can't wait to go to a new doctor. I have nothing positive to say about this practice or this doctor. Her front desk staff is ridiculous. Actually told me it's taking them a week to send me my records because they can't find my chart. Are you serious?? You tell your patients that? So unprofessional. I'm surprised people actually still go here. Never again.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2016

Dr. Chu is a remarkable person. She is knowledgeable and compassionate. She has been my rheumatologist for over 8 years and has always been accessible and understanding. I have even reached out to her on a Sunday and she returned my phone call within less than 5 minutes. Upon my diagnosis I was scared and untrusting, but Dr. Chu was patient and nurturing with her approach. I have gone for being barely able to move my joints to remission. I trust her expertise and would recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

Dr. Chu has been a blessing to me. I had arthritis so severe in my hands I could no longer play the guitar. I even had trouble opening lids on jars. I also had severe osteoporosis. With Dr. Chu's treatment I have improved tremendously. My bone density tests have shown great improvement and my hands are so much better I have even returned to the guitar. She is a caring doctor who addressed all of my concerns and has always treated me with respect. I really don't know where my life would be without her. She is a beautiful, compassionate person. Even if I did not need her services as a physician I would love to have her as a dear friend.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

Dr. Chu has been my doctor for almost six years. She spends a lot of time with me at each visit, takes extensive blood work on a regular basis, prescribes medication that helps to control my disease and listens and cares deeply about how I am feeling. I would (and have) recommended her. She is thorough and knowledgable; although I still struggle with my illness everday, it is not an exaggeration to say she has saved my life.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2015

I have been going tonDr. CHu for 3 years now. I am completely not satisfied. I feel that she doesn't take my condition seriously and is only worried about prescribing medicines that have caused me more pain then relieved my symptoms. Every time I go in, she continues to insist I take these expensive, and not FDA approved medicines. I am not a lab monkey to run test on, when some of the side effects can cause immediate death even if takeneed correctly. She insists on me taking a medicine that makes my joints feel extremely painful. She didreads my concerns and basically is calling me a liar for saying how I feel when I take these certain medicines. I am currently looking for a more professional and reliable doctor, who is not only looking to make money off my insurance. NO NOT GO TO DR. ALICE CHU

flag | Submitted March 20, 2015

Whoever posted that "dr" Alice Chu was an arrogant and terrible human being is correct, the rest are probably posted by her children or friends. She is more concerned about making money by milking the insurance system by prescribing you pills you don't need than about finding the root cause of your problems. A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2015

New patient, she just diagnosed me with rhuemtoid arthritis. Spend well over 45 minutes with me! Approachable, knowledgeable, answered all of my questions and concerns, gave me the positive outlook I needed, assured me she could help, loved everything about her. I am a straight forward person and so is she, I would certainly recommend her!

flag | Submitted October 25, 2014

I would never go back to this doctor. The day she diagnosed me with Lupus, she spent 5 minutes telling me that I should go to her husband's church to pray to God instead of explaining how I should approach being diagnosed with a chronic disease and how to fight it. When I told her I was seeking a second opinion, her staff failed to fax over the blood work and the doctor refused to share her notes where she documented my symptoms. Awful experience I do not wish even my worst enemies to go through what I went through with this doctor. An acquaintance went through similar experience and we are both most certainly looking for a different doctor.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2013

Dr. Chu should not be licensed to practice medicine. First of all, she is an extremely arrogant woman and does not allow patients to ask follow-up questions. She interprets patient concerns as skepticism of her medical knowledge. Second, she was unable to diagnose another auto-immune disease, which I had. Considering she is a rheumatologist, this is shocking. I had to go to another rheumatologist who ran the correct tests to figure this out. She answers personal calls while you are sitting in her office, talking to her son, making personal arrangements. Totally inappropriate and rude. She does understand how to explain the risks and benefits of various treatments. She makes sweeping assumptions and spends very little time thinking about a patient's problems from all angles. She is a terrible human being, very unpleasant, and a mockery of what the medical profession should be.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2013

Hands down the best Dr. I have ever been treated by. I've been her patient for over 7 years, completely satisfied with her and the entire staff.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2012