Ratings for Dr. Lester A. Ruppersberger

I have multiple serious health problems. Upon learning I was pregnant (a surprise to everyone as I was on numerous medications that make it difficult to get pregnant), I went to Dr. Ruppersberger to help me confirm the pregnancy, and advise where to terminate. I have had 1 miscarriage, 1 awesome young child at home, and I knew my pregnancy would threaten my life. Instead of discussing my alternatives, he congratulated me, told me my anticipated due date, and gave me prenatal vitamins. Shocked, I reiterated what my primary dr and specialists had all stated - that it would endanger my life to carry to term. He told me I would have a very tough time finding anyone to perform an abortion in the state of PA, and that if I did, I would be in substandard care. Shocked, humiliated, and scared, I called a center that advertised on the radio, and made an appointment for a consultation, as my medical conditions required I be in a hospital setting. They were very understanding of me, but outraged at my dr, and begged me to report him. That was 15 years ago, and I still am too scared to report him. Use at your own risk.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

Dr. Lester A. Ruppersberger's Credentials

• Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1974)