Ratings for Dr. Marcia Mastrin

I started seeing Dr. Mastrin about 6 months ago. I've had some bad luck with pain doctors and Dr. Mastrin took the time to look at my MRI throughly and explained everything she saw. No other doctor would do that. Her staff is always so nice and personable. Dr. Mastrin renewed my faith in legitimate pain doctors. If your looking to get a handle on chronic pain, I highly recommend Dr. Mastrin!

flag | Submitted May 30, 2016

Dr Marcia is so caring. She has been 100 % looking out for my best health and interest since I've become her patient a couple years ago. I come from the Prescott area to see her and her happy staff

flag | Submitted March 2, 2016

I cannot believe some of these negative reviews. Dr. Mastrin does care. If you are just seeking drugs you are right she does not care. Some of these people reviewing say their pain is a "10" WOW, I wonder what their pain would be like if their arm, hand, etc.... got caught in a table saw. That would be considered a 10 to myself. Dr. Mastrin takes her time, listens and prescribes what she thinks is best. If after 1 month you pain level has not decreased she will reevaluate you. I would highly recommend Dr. Mastrin. Thanks

flag | Submitted July 30, 2015

The clinic staff were mostly professional and competent. The doctor is arrogant and suspicious. Overall this operation is untrustworthy. Do not give this clinic your health insurance info. They don't accept insurance but that won't stop them from trying to submit a claim. I was very depressed and willing to do practically anything to continue to work in the field I love. The only positive thing that came out of this is my acceptance that I probably won't be able to work more than about 3 more years but I've resigned myself to the reality. Unfortunately this field has been overrun with a lot of dishonest players and questionable but expensive treatments. I'm thankful my choice doesn't include being bedridden.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2015

If you are willing to work with Dr Mastrin, follow the plan agreed upon, take your meds as ordered and adhere to her prescribed restrictions? You could not find a better physician to manage chronic pain.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

I love going to this dr office. I have never waited the longer than an hour. She listens and helps her patients appropriately.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2015

If you are looking for compassion and flexibility, Doctor Mastrin is not the right Pain Specialist for you. I've been seeing her the past 26 months and, until recently, respected and liked her. She has reduced my meds almost 50% in the past two plus years, which has affected my quality of life, but I was willing to go along with her. Plus, she doesn't give you a choice. I was in a bad car accident last month, cut off on the 101 and hitting a wall going about 70MPH. She has not once taken a look at what was supposed to be a broken ankle, lumbar pain and chest pain from the seat belt and airbag. Keep in mind, one of my conditions is raw nerve ending pain from a mastectomy, as well as Fibromyalgia and Trigeminal Neuralgia. For the first time ever I went in three days early two weeks ago, thinking she would have compassion about my current condition, and not post-dating my prescriptions. She made me feel like a whiny, drama-queen who just wanted to get her meds early. I went to foot/ankle doctor last week and he took one look at my foot/ankle and saw there was something very wrong. He suspected a blood clot and had me go for and MRI and Ultrasound within 24 hours of my visit. After four weeks in a boot it is swollen all the way up to my knee, and the pain in my ankle is excruciating. I receiving a call from the doctor's office yesterday advising me he wants me back in his office ASAP. The MRI shows more damage, as I suspected. Thanks Doctor Mastrin for a rough few weeks, especially the weekend after my last visit. I was running low, but she continued to be inflexible, and I left there in tears. She charges $250 for the first visit and $150 for each month after that, but sits and plays G-d with your pain levels. I am very angry and will not go back.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2015

This doctor is what your looking for she cares about everyone of her clients with the up most care. She seems to always go above and beyond in trying to figure outcwhat ever the problem is. I honestly would recommend this doctor and there facility to anyone that needs help in her field of studies. She's just plain great thank you doctor Mastrin your much appreciated

flag | Submitted December 26, 2014

Doctor Mastrin is so knowledgeable and willing to go the extra mile to find the problem and attempt to fix it. She's extremely kind and you can tell she really cares so if your in pain and can't find the right care I recommend Dr. Mastrin you won't be let down promise!!!!!!

flag | Submitted December 26, 2014

Great doctor who actually cares about my fitness goals. Many people say if I only had good pain management I would be able to _____, and they don't ever do anything they said they would do only of they had some pain relief. Well I can say I was able to achieve some pretty amazing fitness goals in 2014 and performed at a competitive level against other elite athletes and I can say Doc Mastrin was instrumental in that success. Yes she is not one just to increase dose, and she is cautious, maybe it feels sometimes she is overly cautious. But in the grand scheme of things she is the doctor and she also considers what you are saying your long term goals are. So for me an eventual surgery is the next and hopefully last step in this nightmare of pain I deal with daily, as all the other pre-surgery procedures have not helped really at all, and only has cost me money I did not have. All and all first doctor who really encouraged me in my sport and did not tell me to stop because it does for sure enhance my pain. So if you want a Doctor that see's the big picture she is someone who you can talk with and actually have a real doctor patient experience with like it should be.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2014