Ratings for Dr. Sylvia M. Suarez

I only went to Dr. Suarez once about 3 years ago, but she was so helpful that this was all I needed. I have very sensitive skin and had dry/itchy bumps on my forehead my whole life, there was no face wash/medication that could touch it. Dr. Suarez figured out in a 10 minute appointment exactly what was going on and very unconventionally gave me a medicated shampoo to use on my face. My skin has looked flawless, I mean 0 bumps, could-be-in-a-skincare-commercial flawless, ever since then. In terms of her office, it was overcrowded, gossipy, and inefficiently run; but the physician herself I would highly recommend.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2014

HORRIBLE!Took my 6 month old with eczema/craddle cap and on the first appointment doctor Suarez gave me a lab order to check for allergies and rx Fluocinolone oil for the craddle cap.Two weeks later she reviewed the lab results with us, which indicated my baby is allergic to peanuts, she also advised to continue using the oil for her scalp. A week later I read the box for the oil and it has refined Peanut Oil!I contacted her and when she called back,she spoke with my husband and told him it was OK to continue using the oil, as this would not cause any allergies.. I then called the Pharmacist and he told me to stop, eventhough this is a topical oil, it will affect her if it gets in her system..I Tried calling the doctor back and she is unavailable, but will take the pharmacist advise. I have also checked online and it is recommended NOT to use this medication if patient has peanut allergies,as it is absored thru skin (children absorb this type of topical steroid at faster rate).

flag | Submitted March 18, 2013

After neither the pediatrician nor the first dermatologist we tried could diagnose the problem, Dr. Suarez successfully diagnosed the rash and her first choice of creme solved the problem within 10 days. This rash had been intermittent over several years. Her manner was great, and she was very comforting to a very scared child. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2011

Dr. Sylvia M. Suarez's Credentials

• Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons (Grad. 1987)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Vienna, VA