Ratings for Dr. Mohammed Shafi

If you are looking for a doctor that cares don't go to Dr. Shafi. Let's start with the staff the black billing woman is a horrible individual and needs to be fired. I told her my husband had just been to ER twice in 2 days and she told me to my face she didn't care and she needed $60 for fees I hadn't paid. I told her I don't have it and she said she didn't care if he can't see the dr she has to collect the money. I looked at her and got my husband full medical record and checked him out on the spot. Prior to this encounter we had been looking for a new Gastro for about a week. We have been see Dr. Sharif for at least 6 months and his office staff was suppose to get his medical records from a different state and had yet to send for them, and black short ugly girl was suppose to request them and each time we saw her she had an excuse, and by the way I'm black. So this isn't racial but I noticed they either gave me a much harder time or just was plain lazy like the black girl that checks you out after you see the dr. Our main issue either. Shafi he never pushed his staff he even said to them it shouldn't take that long for our info to be requested. But never made sure they did it so each visit was like the one before it, no answers and let's put u on the same meds that really aren't working. Horrible experience and once my husband got checked into ER was when we realized they aren't the health team for us. When things get bad for the patient they have proven that don't care about the patient they care about a 60$ fees that could have been billed to me all along. That black wonen over billing needs to be fired and the black girl that checks people out should also be fired. You should never say you don't care about the patient you treat. And the check out girl is lazy and doesn't know how to do her job it's apparent when we're asking for the same documents after 6 months!!! Staff horrible and Dr. Sharif doesn't care enough to even look into his staff being inadequate nor does he care about the real diagnosis of the patient, that's what we were their for, and by the way my husband ulcers opened back up the reason for ER, again horrible treatment and staff.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2016

I would score this less than one star if I could. If you like your staff rude and your doctor to shrug and hand you a figurative band-aid for your issues this is the place for you. Even getting a simple prescription refilled was painful and took 3 days of getting the runaround to have them tell me I have to come back in to the tune of 100$. I can't stress enough, stay away.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

This guy is a hack. By definition, anyone who needs a colonoscopy is having trouble or potential trouble. Shafi has no personality and does not indicate in any way that he cares whatsoever about his patients. Because of the $600 price tag (after insurance) on this relatively simple procedure, we asked for a payment plan. The receptionist, whose “personality” mirrored that of the doctor, flatly refused. Do yourself a favor and find another doctor, even if you have to drive to Tijuana to get one.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2015

A good experience. He is patient and his staff is great.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2015

Best Dr, I've been to. Direct, honest and has integrity . Explains things throughly and doesn't waste time.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

He spent 5 minutes w/me then decided i needed a colonoscopy. No one explained what was going to hapoen (im 39 yrs old) i have not been able to eat ANYTHING without major pain & bleeding for 2 months. I never received a call prior to surgery about procedure onky that i owe 300 which was wrong. They hurtled me in like cattle, when i was done i was in more pain (told im over reacting) i got up to go potty & they changed my bed for someone else while i was in bathroom. I never got any re-coop time. Doctor quickly told me my 1 internal hemorroid causing the immense amount of blood. Then said i have spastic colon & bentyl will help( i cant take bentyl-makes me loopy) i then saw my colon pictures & they were not clear & still full of poo. I asked how can u know anything when colon is not clear. He brushed me off & see him in 2 weeks. He is all about the $$ and zero about care for patients... DO NOT go to him!!

flag | Submitted May 15, 2014

Dr M Shafi is a GI Doctor in Henderson, NV and he saved my life! I will forever be thankful to him. He is the best in his field along with the other GI Doctors that (he) works with. Other Doctors were lost as what to do, but Dr M Shafi told them and quided them.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2014

I can't tell you if this doc is knowledgeable because I have no clue. I couldn't tell any more about him in the three minutes he spent with me than he could about me. They didn't even bother to take my temp. He took a 2 min history and decided I should have an expensive test that he would perform. Never mind if I don't want it. No discussion of less risky options. He walked out the door as I was asking questions. I asked about the dangers and he minimized the risks brushing me off. He said the scheduler would explain everything. All the scheduler said, was that side effects only happen to 1 in 100 "so there is no need to discuss them". So much for informed consent. (I later learned people die from this test. It is dangerous.) I was handed samples of some drug and told to take it. I asked about the side effects of that & was told "none". After a night of horrible side effects I called the doc to get help. No return call all day. That isn't medicine. That is jiffy lube.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2013