Ratings for Dr. William M. Costigan

The numbers don't lie: he is one of the most dangerous surgeons in the state:https://projects.propublica.org/surgeons/hospitals/050438

flag | Submitted October 21, 2017

Dr. Costigan is a gifted surgeon who has performed two surgeries on me with excellent results. I am back to work full time, dancing competitively and exercising daily. His staff and surgery suite all work together without any glitches to provide seamless outstanding care. There may be an occasional wait for your appointment if he has an emergency or if a surgery has run long or if another patient is needing more time with him. Dr. Costigan never rushes a patient so I am more than happy to wait on the rare occasion I have to.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

If I could give negative stars I would. The first two appointments I had were 1.5 hour waits. The first time I saw Dr. Costigan, he recommended I have one cortisone shot in one area and if that didn't work then surgery, spinal fusion. I went and got three other opinions and all said I needed to try the cortisone shot in three places and at least three times before I really talk about surgery and there would be two options for surgery. So in my opinion Costigan is a little knife happy. He refilled my pain medicine and said no more after this no matter if I was in pain or not. His staff was extremely rude. Areolinda yelled at me and told me that I could not see another doctor only Dr Costigan, which was not true. When I spoke with Dr Costigan on my second visit he said "You can see who ever you want, but it's not like you need to." After a doctor recommends spinal surgery after one treatment, yes I did need to see another doctor. His staff also called my primary doctor and asked for a copy of my EKG and told them it was an emergency and that I signed release forms that they would send to my primary, I never signed any release forms. When I called the staff out on this and asked a total of 8 times for them to show me what I signed I was told "What's done is done." Ceaser then yelled at me "What's your problem, who cares what we did? You just don't want our help." I replied "I want you to follow the law." Ceaser replied "No, you don't want our help, we can cancel your appointment because all you are is a first time patient so we don't care!" When I confronted Dr Costigan about this his reply was "So that was my staff not me. Besides, who cares, We share our patients' records with whom ever wants them and we don't make them sign anything." Well newsflash that is against the law. I only went to the second appointment to talk to him about all of this and he told me to find another doctor, which I already had done, because there is no trust between us and basically his feelings were hurt. As I was walking out he told his staff, and quite loud, that I was PMSing, which is extremely sexist. So if you want a good doctor avoid Dr Costigan. Sharing records without the patient's permission is a HIPPA violation.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2017

So far I do think he is a good surgeon, but his assistant is so incompetent, rude, aggressive, would criminally negligent be an appropriate term for a medical assistant?

flag | Submitted February 20, 2017

Dr. Costigan and his staff have been GREAT to work with. I live in Las Vegas, but I have not regretted making the decision to choose Dr. Costigan as my surgeon, even though he is in California. My surgery is scheduled for tomorrow, but so far, even as busy as they are, this office and the Dr. himself have treated me like I was the only patient in the world. TOP NOTCH CARE!!! SECOND TO NONE!!!

flag | Submitted December 22, 2016

This Dr is a buffoon. Suspenders and all. I was kept waiting almost an hour to see him. When he did arrive he immediately launched into physically contorting me - no warning or explanations given - into several extreme and painful positions, I suppose to determine what my spine problem was. When he was done he explained for less than 5 mins what his plan is for me. He said I would hear from his office. I have heard nothing since.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2016

After waiting an hour 40 minutes past the appointment time and hearing him pop into yet another examination (waiting) room I finally left. No idea if he is capable, but he is certainly all about maximizing his profit at the expense of his patients and that does not bear well on his objectivity on treatments.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

Dr Costigan performed a spinal fusion surgery on my mother 3 years ago that left her in a wheelchair, unable to use her right foot. I would not recommend his services to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2015

Dr. Costigan is an outstanding doctor, albeit a busy one. Make allowances for that and just know you are in the best hands possible. Am very happy having him as a doctor.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2015

Dr. Costigan performed back surgery on our daughter. We are very greatful for his personal involvement and genuine concern for our daughter's emotional and physical well-being!

flag | Submitted October 30, 2014

Dr. William M. Costigan's Credentials

• University Of Southern California School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)

Delta Dental