Ratings for Dr. Ziad Blaik

I visited Dr. Blaik on the recommendation of a friend whose been a patient of his for ten years, and who recommended him. I read the reviews prior to the visit. Specifically the review from February of 2015. People tend to post negative reviews more often than positive ones, and since almost all neurologist reviews are negative, I decided to ignore them and visit anyway.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015

I have never written a review of a doctor, but today, 2/16/15, I had to share a disheartening experience I had with a neurologist I was referred to—Dr. Ziad A. Blaik. I was very dissatisfied with his neglect to acknowledge my concerns, his impersonal demeanor, his condescending tone, and his impatient approach to answering my questions. After a brief 30-minute wait in the waiting room, Dr. Blaik called me back to his exam room. Instead of extending his hand to introduce himself or take an interest in who I was, he just nonchalantly said, “Take a seat in the first chair.” He immediately began peppering me with questions, searching for the reason for my visit as if he were annoyed that he had to spend time digging for answers. Each time I tried to explain my symptoms or prior diagnoses, he would interrupt me and cut me off. I felt as though I couldn’t speak in detail about the pain I was experiencing. He seemed to be so irritated by my trying to talk about my current pain, my medical history, and my previous medications. The whole time I was in his presence, I felt rushed. He even got to the point where he began calling me “Sweetie,” in a manner that made me feel as though he thought I had a cognitive disability… “This is a plain x-ray, Sweetie. This is not an MRI scan.” I finally had to push pause and request that he refer to me by my first name or Mrs. ________. I didn’t appreciate being spoken with or addressed like I was a 4-year-old. Not only did Dr. Blaik’s unprofessional conduct make me feel unwelcomed at this practice, he did not engage in proper hygiene. As I was looking through my records to pull pieces of my medical history for him to view, he blew his nose twice. At no point did he sanitize his hands before he touched my face and hands. I was so repulsed by his lack of sanitary ethics. I was even more disappointed in myself, the ‘germaphobe’, for not bringing this to his attention. Upon my exit, I told Dr. Blaik that he had seemed a little agitated by my visit and asked if was having a bad day. His response was, “Every day’s a good day.” Apparently not. I was extremely disappointed in Dr. Blaik’s representation of a respected neurologist today. His insensitive and disreputable actions reflected poorly on the practices and facilities he associates with.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015

Dr. Blaik was rude. He was reading and sending text messages during my visit/test. When I asked him to send me a copy of the test results, he replied, "why, you are not a doctor and won't understand them." I asked him a question, but he never gave me an answer, just read a text message.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2015

Was referred by ortho doc. Blaik sent me to outside facility for imaging tests. I paid cash there for tests and radiologist interpretation fees. Blaik never followed up, no calls, no emails, nothing......except he tried to piggy back on imaging center charges by trying to bill me for a referral fee to the imaging center he sent me to. After three months, still no follow up.....BEWARE! This doctor uses bait and switch billing practices, and does not follow up with patients after testing. I would not refer him to anyone that I cared about. Never!

flag | Submitted June 28, 2014