Ratings for Dr. Abbie Jacobs

I had to wait 1.5 hours to finally see the doctor.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2012

I wish I would have read this BEFORE visiting this office. I waited for 2 hours, and left before seeing this doctor. The staff was extremely unhelpful, lazy, and made no attempt to let me know how long the doctor might be. After waiting an hour and a half, I told the staff how long I'd been waiting, and after waiting another half an hour, I'd had enough and left before even seeing the doctor. Of course, as I went to leave the charge nurse decided she'd take me in, but I refused. DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR, or go to this location, if you can avoid it at all.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2011

I have to agree with most of the reviews. The service is HORRIBLE!!! You have to wait atleast 2 hours in the reception area, even if you have have made the first appointment for the day. Then, you wait another 1/2 hour before the doctor shows up in the private room. By the time you see her you are just dying to get out of there. The rooms are always extremely cold. The doctor herself, is a very friendly person, but unfortunately not very knowledgeable. Its almost like she is guessing your problem and then guessing the answer also. She is a great person, but a bad doctor. I would not recommend seeing her.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2008

PROS: the doctor has a pleasant demeanor, and the clinic is convenient if you live in Hoboken. CONS:Unfortunately she doesn't appear to be all that bright, nor does she spend much time with the patient. My physical exam consisted of her looking in my nose, ears, and eyes, and taking blood pressure. That's it! I didn't even take my clothes off. The staff runs the gamut from indifferent to hostile, and has a tendency to write things down incorrectly, and lose files, which ended up causing a lot of problems for me. The doctor may be all right for simple, routine issues, but you'll need a lot of free time (figure an extra 2 hours) to spend sitting around waiting for her. I thought I'd be saving time by seeing someone close to home, but the headaches were not worth it. I would have to say, if you have ANY other option, don't see this one.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2007

Abbie Jacobs is one of the most caring physicians that I have ever gone to. She has always gone the extra mile for me. She is patient and listens carefully. She takes her time to hear everything that I have to say and responds intelligently and helpfully. I cannot say enough good about this physician. If you have to wait for her it is well worth the wait. She has always been professional in her behavior and yet kind and caring. I have been a patient of hers for the last ten years. I wouldn't trade her for anything. She is the best!

flag | Submitted September 21, 2006

Dr. Abbie Jacobs's Credentials

• Mt Sinai Sch Of Med Of The City Univ Of Ny, New York Ny 10029 (Grad. 1986)