Ratings for Dr. Jose P. Vindas Cordero

My son was recommended to this doctor after seeing a dietitian. 2 appointments were cancelled before anyone advised that he needed a referral from a general practitioner even though my insurance does not require it. Valuable time was wasted! Meanwhile my son lost 7 pounds the week we waited for the 2nd appointment that was eventually cancelled. I guess the dietitian info was not enough to get in the door but no one ever explained that until 2 weeks passed. Never got to see the doctor. Went to a different office instead. There is no point in seeing a doctor if his office staff are incompetent.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2015

I was diagnosed with Lyme disease June, 2014. I went through the typical protocol of antibiotics for 28 days, but 3 months later the symptoms returned. I went to Dr. Cordero for answers and he put me on the same antibiotic I had before. The symptoms lessened, but never totally went away. At a follow up appointment I was told my lingering aches and pains are just Post-Treatment Lyme Disease Syndrome. Well I'm back to the beginning with this disease. Chills, muscle aches, joint pain, brain fog and a host of other maladies have all returned. I was told my disease was cured. My body tells me otherwise. Time to find a doctor who knows how to diagnose and treat Lyme disease properly.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2015

Dr. Vindas-Cordero is incompetent and does not listen to patient's complaints. He does not provide proper testing in an adequate period of time, leaving patient in extreme pain and to suffer from epidural abscesses. He is ready to release patient from BMC South when patient is worse than when arriving at hospital! (this happened on a daily basis too). When complaint is made, Dr. backs away and is never seen again. When asked, he also claims he doesn't know what Dr. is on call during nighttime hours.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2012