Ratings for Dr. Mark E. Haffenreffer

I would rather break my own arm than have another visit with Dr. Haffenreffer. Dr. Heffenreffer calls himself a "sports" orthopedic. I'm surprise he is even a doctor. I arrived early to an appointment where I had to wait a long time to see him. This doctor gave me about 15 minutes, never touched my affected shoulder - which was the reason I was there. He told me I should give up surfing. Gave me a piece of paper with cartoons on it and said "now go do these exercises". You don't need to do anything except follow the exercises on this paper. i asked him If I would be having an MRI done - he told me he didn't think it was necessary. I had an MRI . MRI results indicated several tears, Hill-Sachs lesion, bone fractions broken off, tendonosis, and subchondral marrow edema - among other things with the cartilage. I've gone to see Dr. Micheli of Boston Children's (New England Baptiste) He has put me on a PT program with a human, not a cartoon. he has explained the complexity of my diagnosis. Oh, and he examined my shoulder to determine where the instability was. It is so easy to reate Heffenreffer's poor care after having such great care with Dr. Micheli.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

Dr Haffenreffer performed a knee replacement for my Mom several years ago. The first surgery was great, no issues. She decided to have a 2nd Knee replacement and Dr Haffenreffer "thought" my Mom was bowlegged, and turned her knee/leg outward. This made it almost impossible for my Mom to walk! She had to have a 2nd surgery on that knee and this time Dr Haffenreffer cut her Femer too short!! Ever since this time, my Mom walks with a several limp and has had to pay for lifts in every pair of shoes that she owns. She has tried physical therapy on and off for years and has never truly regained her strength from this. She has been forced to walk with a walker and is considered handicapped.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2014

Dr. Haffenreffer accepted me as a patient after I sustained a broken kneecap, wrist, and 12 broken ribs in Maine and was operated on at Maine Medical Center by the trauma surgeons on September 25th, 2013. He has worked graciously to monitor my recovery, though I was not available to contact him as the surgery was done before I could return to Needham and ask to be his patient He has been very encouraging and enthusiastic at every step, and he continues to monitor my progress with great care, as I graduate from walker to cane and to free, unaided walking for moderate distances. It is a pleasure to consult with him as I continue to recover and gradually return to normal. He continues to guide me as I attempt to increase my flexibility and strength.I would highly recommend him to anyone who needs expert orthopedic care.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2014

Dr. Mark E. Haffenreffer's Credentials

• Brown University Program In Medicine (Grad. 1977)

Veterans Administration