Dr. Monte I. Stavis

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Monte I. Stavis

He is the best. Our grandson's reading skills doubled within a week after having eye surgery. He actually wants to read now He plays baseball and has been moved from outfield to shortstop since he can now see the ball. His playing has improved so much he even got the game ball last week. Dr Stavis was successful treating his mom and we knew he was the only doctor we wanted for our grandson. We are over the moon pleased that he is able to see correctly thanks to Dr Stavis. I definitely will recommend him to anyone with an eye condition.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2017

My teenage son had 2 surgeries on both eyes to correct 4 issues: Nystagmus, drifting out of eyes, twisting of eyes, and abnormal head tilting sideways with turning at a 45 degree angle to be able to look straight ahead at a computer/TV screen. All of these issues were resolved after wards. I highly recommend Dr. Stavis! He is very knowledgeable and has a great sense of humor. His staff is very friendly and helpful. I am so pleased with the results of the surgeries.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

Dr. Stavis should get a Nobel Prize for Medicine...and everything else. No other doctor had seen my 14-year-old daughter's misalignment. No other doctor could find the root cause of her chronic headaches or equate some childhood behavioral problems to the eyes. Dr. Stavis offered his help and we are so very grateful. He is knowledgeable, confident and caring and takes the time to explain everything in easy-to-undertand terms. His assistants, Melissa and April, took good care of us as well. We never felt rushed and received great follow-up care. We had no qualms about the surgery because we knew we were in expert hands. Dr. Stavis is truly a genius and a great doctor. I couldn't recommend him more highly.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2016

I was referred to Dr. Stavis by my regular opthamologist because at age 70 I had developed strabismus, accompanied with severe double vision when I was driving. Because I travel a great deal this was becoming increasingly dangerous for me. Dr. Stavis recommended surgery to adjust the muscles of my left eye. He spent a lot of time with my husband and myself explaining the surgery so we felt very comfortable with it. We had to drive in from San Antonio for my appointments and his staff always tried to fit me in even when traffic caused me to be late for my appointments. The surgery went well, however I ran out of one of the drops for pain the night of the surgery. I called Dr. Stavis and he had one of his staff go by his office and pick up more medicine and deliver it tome at our hotel. I couldn't believe that they would go so far out of their way to take care of me. Both Dr. Stavis and his staff are just wonderful. I am now driving without double vision and feeling much better about traveling. As a psychologist I really appreciate how much time Dr. Stavis and his staff spent making me feel comfortable with the whole procedure.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

I had a great experience with Dr. Stavis. He corrected my sons eyes which were twisting and rotating on both eyes. His unique procedure worked wonders. My son can now enjoy doing things that his vision limited him before. He can walk up stairs normal which was a problem and enjoy books and all other kid stuff! It has been a night and day difference for my little boy who is 4 years old!!

flag | Submitted March 21, 2016

As a practising pediatrician, I needed extensive eye surgery and was referred to Dr Stavis. A superb diagnostician and highly skilled surgeon, he performed complicated surgery on the muscles of both eyes. His office staff are all knowledgeable, helpful and obliging. I cannot recommend him highly enough.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2016

Dr.Stavis saw my daughter this past December and recommended surgery. He did a thorough exam of her eyes and went over with me one on one about the surgery, and her eye condition. He answered all the questions I had. He is very polite and well educated. I appreciate his kind office manager, Melissa. She is so great too.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

Dr. Stavis is awesome! He listened to me, diagnosed my problem and explained it in terms that I could understand. He is very knowledgeable and explained several solutions to correct my vision. The surgery was successful and my vision is greatly improved. I highly recommend Dr. Stavis!

flag | Submitted October 24, 2015

My wife and I went yesterday for our first baby consultation regarding a mild case of exotropia, he explain to us the condition in simple terms and also talked about the possible solutions. Overall, a very friendly, open and knowledgeable doctor. We are very pleased and will follow up with him later.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2015

First of all, I would like to Thank Dr. Stavis for his continuing dedication to a very difficult complicated and case in dealing with my grand daughter eye issues. Dr. Stavis took this case on when all other Eye Muscle specialist would not, due to success rate and all the under lying issues. We were told that there was nothing that could be done maybe at a later date technology would make it possible for her to see somewhat normal. We started this journey 2010.... and today we are so close to perfect that it is a total celebration on not only Madison, but the whole family. She has blossomed into a beautiful happy young girl, that is no longer self conscious of not being able to see correctly, her grades have continued to rise to A's & B's, and see's the world in ways she has never been able to see everything around her. I highly recommend Dr. Stavis, and we would not ever change Dr.s.!

flag | Submitted June 1, 2014

Dr. Monte I. Stavis's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Boston University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1975)
  • University of Michigan (Grad. 1979)