Ratings for Dr. Daniel H. Kim

I worked with this Surgeon and all he did was shout & curse people in surgery and even threw instruments on occasion. Do you want an unhinged surgeon or a calm one? He constantly confused the medical names of equipment which is why many of the staff did not know what he needed. He also constantly bragged about how much money he made the hospital and that no one would reprimand him due to the money he made the hospital. And this was true; the hospital did nothing about the abuse and behavior. I am guessing for the same reason the hospitals did nothing about Dr. Death in Texas. Dr Kim was also asked to quietly leave another hospital for taking kickbacks from a Medical Device Company and would run 6 surgery rooms at a time!!! Tell me how he could do them all at one time? Oh, well medicare fraud. He got training physicians to do all or most of the surgery and no one said anything because is a cash cow for the hospital. Is it me or does this guy sound like a narcissistic egomaniac that does unethical things and brag about them? This is starting to sound like Dr. Death. In the past 5 years, anyone can easily see on the open payments data.cms.gov site that he receives well above average for payments from device and drug companies.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2018

I was so disappointed in my last visit. Dr. Kim only spent two min with me and turned me over to a pain specialist. He's done 2 surgeries on my and all he had to say was..."Usually my surgeries last longer than that." WOW!! Drove 13 hrs round trip for that! Then sent me a 800.00 bill! He doesn't have time for his patients anymore. Great surgeon but bad service and management. I ended up going to a Neurosurgeon in my state of La. and he did surgery immediately. His name is Dr. Philip McAlister in Houma, La if you want an excellent surgeon. He's actually better than Dr. Kim and I never thought I'd find one better. He's worth the trip and actually LISTENS to you! Sad day when doctors no longer take time to find your problem. Wasted trip and spent too much money.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2018

Dr. Kim is an excellent doctor and surgeon. He is also very caring.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2018

Great experience all around. Lower back surgery three months ago, and I'm playing golf again. Highly recommend Dr. Kim.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2018

Outstanding surgeon, not only great expertise, but kind, compassionate, and concerned...have recommended him to several folks, and will continue to do so!

flag | Submitted February 4, 2018

Could not ask more from a doctor. Transplanted nerves in my arm so that it would function after my C5 and C6 were no longer functioning.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2017

I saw Dr. Kim after having severe sciatica pain. He is a great doctor and very professional. He helped me understand the condition and recommended performing microdiscectomy. It went very well. I was walking the same day and I went back to work after 4 days.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

Did some major repair work on lower back L5 area. In a lot of pain for a week. Thank GOD for pain killers. Excellent Doctor, staff, and PA's. Slowly getting back, hopefully, to normal.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2017

dr. Kim is a butcher he operated on my back three times to repair a supposedly ruptured disk only to find out that all my pain was from a badly arthritic hip once they replaced my hip all my pain was gone

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

Dr. Kim is a brilliant surgeon and exceptional human being. After three months of incompetent care by a neurologist, prayer and online research I discovered Dr. Kim . He performed anterior cervical fusion at two levels. Post surgery my pain was completely gone. Dr. Kim's medical and support teams also delivered the same level of superior service.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

Dr. Daniel H. Kim's Credentials

• Tulane University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)