Ratings for Dr. Rachel K. Ashby

The best doctor I have ever seen, Her and her staff are fantastic!

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

Dr. Ashby is an excellent specialist! Truly one of the best doctors I've have ever met, she cares for her patients and her approach is kind, reassuring and understanding. Her staff at NWH is great as well especially Nurse Susan.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

Dr. Ashby is excellent, kind, and knowledgable...I have such confidence in her care and think very highly of her. Some of the nursing staff that are connected to her in her Boston practice, though, are subpar (rude, unhelpful, and incorrect in the info that they give). If that aspect could shake itself out, the experience with her would be perfect.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2015

I would agree that Dr Ashby takes a very clinical approach to patient care. While we felt that she was fairly warm and interested during our initial consultation, after that meeting we felt like a the care was uninterested at best. After our first try at IVF ended in an early termination in the hospital where dr ashby's office was domiciled and although dr ashby was present in the offices, she did not even come out of her office to consul or offer advice. Several days later Dr ashby called to apologize after we had politely called with concern and a desire to speak to the doctor. During our second IVF process, we pushed harder for some interaction. While she seemed slightly more interested, her care seemed forced. After the second IVF treatment, Dr. Ashby did not even wish us luck or best wishes while sitting behind a glass wall 20 feet away. Seemed oblivious to the situation or understood importance of the process or results to the parents. The nurses on the other hand, were caring and much more interested in our success! After success post the second IVF treatment, we expected some type of contact from dr ashby directly. Maybe a call to say congrats? Five days later we had a schedule call to discuss the next steps. It was clear on the next call that the "doctor/patient relationship" was over and onto an obgyn. When we asked Dr. Ashby for some doctors names from an introductory perspective, she did not have any reccomendations. We were left in the cold, as with most of the IVF process. If you prefer a doctor that has a positive bedside manner or is really interested in the well being of the patient, I would go a different direction.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015

Smart and kind and loves what she does. She is confident and helped me to get pregnant on my first IVF attempt

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Ashby by a friend. She seems very competent and face to face, she is nice. However, it is impossible to get in touch with her for follow up questions. The NP would not escalate our calls to Dr. Ashby, rushes through questions, and is extremely curt and condescending. My husband is a specialist so we are pretty understanding of doctors and their limited schedule but this has been awful. We are starting our 1st treatment in a few days but despite multiple phone calls and emails, we still haven't had a follow up from Dr. Ashby since our initial consultation. The NP said we can't even get a follow up appt for 3 months. We would switch but we've already waited 6 weeks for our appointment with Dr. Ashby and we are hoping it will get better. However, we are keeping contemporaneous notes in case of a malpractice lawsuit because we are going into our treatment without any follow up from Dr. Ashby, just the NP.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2014

I have been a patient of dr ashby's for 5 yrs after leaving a previous reproductive clinic that consistently failed and then have up on us then we found dr ashby and our lives changed. She not only encouraged us but never gave up on us to have a baby and did everything in her power to fix the surgical mistakes the previous clinic did . After 8 ivf see finally got pregnant and have a beautiful baby boy who I will forever be grateful to dr ashby for her dedication to us and never giving up on me when we wanted to give up . I speak from 10 yrs of fertility treatment if you are looking for one of the best fertility drs them dr ashby is the one you want .

flag | Submitted April 14, 2014

I agree with the previous comments about how clinical she is. And, more importantly, she was ONLY able to see one thing about my and my overall health - my weight. She said I may be healthy today (as per my own physician who clearly knows my entire medical record) but I won't be down the road. I'd go to pretty much anyone before going to her! Said she knew my medical record, but then had questions that were central, blamed my previous negative experience on me (which no one else has!) and then suggested adoption as an "easy and quick" option. Yeah, get a grip.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2012

Dr. Ashby is incredible. She's skilled, professional, reassuring, compassionate and everything you want in a doctor.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2012

This doctor is kind and knowledgeable. We had our first consult today, and we left feeling more optimistic. Dr. Ashby took a lot of time to answer our questions and share information with us. She also had reviewed our chart prior to our visit and went through everything step by step. I'm sad that we have to deal with infertility but am confident in her care.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2011

Dr. Rachel K. Ashby's Credentials

• Mercer University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)