Ratings for Dr. Rachel K. Ashby

I'm so grateful to Dr. Ashby for helping my husband and I finally get pregnant. She did not make us waste time doing procedures that we had a slim chance of conceiving and pushed straight to ICSI as we are of advanced age. Our IVF cycle worked 1st try and we have a beautiful baby girl. She is very knowledgeable, great bedside manner, and an even better sense of humor. I just scheduled an appointment to discuss expanding our family and possibly doing a frozen embryo transfer. Love her and can't wait to see her again and show her our lil girl

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

Insensitive doctor. Would never recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

Dr. Ashby is the kindest, skilled, compassionate Dr. She has been so incredible to my husband and I through an impossibly challenging journey of miscarriage, IVF, and countless surgeries. I trust her so much and if I could give her 10 stars I would.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

She is as good as it gets. We traveled a long way to see her and it was well worth it. She is an incredible doctor and terrific person.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2016

The best doctor I have ever seen, Her and her staff are fantastic!

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

Dr. Ashby is an excellent specialist! Truly one of the best doctors I've have ever met, she cares for her patients and her approach is kind, reassuring and understanding. Her staff at NWH is great as well especially Nurse Susan.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

Dr. Ashby is excellent, kind, and knowledgable...I have such confidence in her care and think very highly of her. Some of the nursing staff that are connected to her in her Boston practice, though, are subpar (rude, unhelpful, and incorrect in the info that they give). If that aspect could shake itself out, the experience with her would be perfect.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2015

I would agree that Dr Ashby takes a very clinical approach to patient care. While we felt that she was fairly warm and interested during our initial consultation, after that meeting we felt like a the care was uninterested at best. After our first try at IVF ended in an early termination in the hospital where dr ashby's office was domiciled and although dr ashby was present in the offices, she did not even come out of her office to consul or offer advice. Several days later Dr ashby called to apologize after we had politely called with concern and a desire to speak to the doctor. During our second IVF process, we pushed harder for some interaction. While she seemed slightly more interested, her care seemed forced. After the second IVF treatment, Dr. Ashby did not even wish us luck or best wishes while sitting behind a glass wall 20 feet away. Seemed oblivious to the situation or understood importance of the process or results to the parents. The nurses on the other hand, were caring and much more interested in our success! After success post the second IVF treatment, we expected some type of contact from dr ashby directly. Maybe a call to say congrats? Five days later we had a schedule call to discuss the next steps. It was clear on the next call that the "doctor/patient relationship" was over and onto an obgyn. When we asked Dr. Ashby for some doctors names from an introductory perspective, she did not have any reccomendations. We were left in the cold, as with most of the IVF process. If you prefer a doctor that has a positive bedside manner or is really interested in the well being of the patient, I would go a different direction.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015

Smart and kind and loves what she does. She is confident and helped me to get pregnant on my first IVF attempt

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Ashby by a friend. She seems very competent and face to face, she is nice. However, it is impossible to get in touch with her for follow up questions. The NP would not escalate our calls to Dr. Ashby, rushes through questions, and is extremely curt and condescending. My husband is a specialist so we are pretty understanding of doctors and their limited schedule but this has been awful. We are starting our 1st treatment in a few days but despite multiple phone calls and emails, we still haven't had a follow up from Dr. Ashby since our initial consultation. The NP said we can't even get a follow up appt for 3 months. We would switch but we've already waited 6 weeks for our appointment with Dr. Ashby and we are hoping it will get better. However, we are keeping contemporaneous notes in case of a malpractice lawsuit because we are going into our treatment without any follow up from Dr. Ashby, just the NP.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2014

Dr. Rachel K. Ashby's Credentials

• Mercer University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)