Ratings for Dr. Rachel K. Ashby

Dr. Ashby does not care about her patients. Instead of trying Clomid, she jumps right away into IUI treatment. Thankfully, I had to miss my IUI (the month I was on clomid for the IUI) and I got pregnant just on CLomid. Then, I miscarried, emailed the doctor many times, had high fever, pain, etc. She did not even reply. Her nurse scheduled a follow up appt a 1.5 months after the miscarriage. Also, her nurse Amanda seems incompetent. Dr. Ashby told my hb to give a sperm sample to check fertility. We forgot how many days he should abstain. We called Dr. Ashby 's office and we were told 3-5 days. However, later we found online instructions which says he should obtain 2-3 days. The lab confirmed that nor more than 3 days as well. TO conclude, it is impossible to schedule a follow up visit with Dr. Ashby. It takes 3-5 months btw appts and she forgets completely your case. She does not care about her patients.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2018

I did not have a positive experience with Dr. Ashby. The very first time I met her, I left her office in tears. I was overweight at the time and it seemed to be her sole focus. She told me she didn’t think they had a cuff big enough for my arm to take my blood pressure- I was mortified. I was a size 14- there was absolutely no reason for her to shame me like that. She also told me that if I continued on the path I was on and gained more weight (she actually said before I know if I would be 260) poundbs) that if I did have children I wouldn’t live long enough to see them grow up. At this point I should have walked out of her office and in hind sight I wish I did, but I was desperate for help conceiving and a part of me thought if a doctor is saying these things they must be true. I went through numerous IVF and IUI attempts with Dr. Ashby and finally parted ways after I became pregnant on my own but lost the pregnancy . Dr. Ashby showed no compassion for me and what I had been through. The best thing that ever happened was to leave her practice. I gave birth to a spontaneous miracle baby almost a year later. I am writing this review because I don’t want anyone to go through the pain I did.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2018

I'm so grateful to Dr. Ashby for helping my husband and I finally get pregnant. She did not make us waste time doing procedures that we had a slim chance of conceiving and pushed straight to ICSI as we are of advanced age. Our IVF cycle worked 1st try and we have a beautiful baby girl. She is very knowledgeable, great bedside manner, and an even better sense of humor. I just scheduled an appointment to discuss expanding our family and possibly doing a frozen embryo transfer. Love her and can't wait to see her again and show her our lil girl

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

Insensitive doctor. Would never recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

Dr. Ashby is the kindest, skilled, compassionate Dr. She has been so incredible to my husband and I through an impossibly challenging journey of miscarriage, IVF, and countless surgeries. I trust her so much and if I could give her 10 stars I would.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

She is as good as it gets. We traveled a long way to see her and it was well worth it. She is an incredible doctor and terrific person.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2016

The best doctor I have ever seen, Her and her staff are fantastic!

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

Dr. Ashby is an excellent specialist! Truly one of the best doctors I've have ever met, she cares for her patients and her approach is kind, reassuring and understanding. Her staff at NWH is great as well especially Nurse Susan.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

Dr. Ashby is excellent, kind, and knowledgable...I have such confidence in her care and think very highly of her. Some of the nursing staff that are connected to her in her Boston practice, though, are subpar (rude, unhelpful, and incorrect in the info that they give). If that aspect could shake itself out, the experience with her would be perfect.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2015

I would agree that Dr Ashby takes a very clinical approach to patient care. While we felt that she was fairly warm and interested during our initial consultation, after that meeting we felt like a the care was uninterested at best. After our first try at IVF ended in an early termination in the hospital where dr ashby's office was domiciled and although dr ashby was present in the offices, she did not even come out of her office to consul or offer advice. Several days later Dr ashby called to apologize after we had politely called with concern and a desire to speak to the doctor. During our second IVF process, we pushed harder for some interaction. While she seemed slightly more interested, her care seemed forced. After the second IVF treatment, Dr. Ashby did not even wish us luck or best wishes while sitting behind a glass wall 20 feet away. Seemed oblivious to the situation or understood importance of the process or results to the parents. The nurses on the other hand, were caring and much more interested in our success! After success post the second IVF treatment, we expected some type of contact from dr ashby directly. Maybe a call to say congrats? Five days later we had a schedule call to discuss the next steps. It was clear on the next call that the "doctor/patient relationship" was over and onto an obgyn. When we asked Dr. Ashby for some doctors names from an introductory perspective, she did not have any reccomendations. We were left in the cold, as with most of the IVF process. If you prefer a doctor that has a positive bedside manner or is really interested in the well being of the patient, I would go a different direction.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015

Dr. Rachel K. Ashby's Credentials

• Mercer University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)

Amerigroup