Ratings for Dr. T.J. Schmeiser

Very long wait. Doc doesn't know his medicines that are fda approved as a non class c medicine. Always leave there feeling like I received no help.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

flag | Submitted August 18, 2014

West avenue Family practice really has a lot of potential. When I first started going there I saw the PA's mostly. For what was probably more than half a year I saw the PA's. Never even once saw Dr. Schmeiser. Then I went in to have some of the scripts I have been taking for years refilled. The last time they were filled I was seeing a different doctor. I also wanted to follow up on something one of the PA's was helping to treat me on. What I got when I finally met the doctor. Was not even a handshake. Instead I got a fifteen minute lecture on how he did not like me using the particular medication. Even though I had been on it for years and it worked for what I needed for and I only took it as needed. He said now I don't want to lecture you here, than proceeded to lecture me. He really was not nice at all. His PA's are wonderful but after meeting him I will never go back again. Jamie the PA, go back to school get your dr. and start your own practice.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2014

Dr. Schmeiser is one of the top doctors in Akron in my opinion. If you need a very good doctor this is the place to go. He really spends a lot of time with his patients.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2011

I have been his patint for 4 years now and he takes the time to listen after other doctors WOULD NOT GIVE ME THE TIME OF DAY

flag | Submitted March 9, 2009

I went to this guy for bronchitis and kept telling him I couldn't breathe. He gave me 5 antibiotic pills a childrens cough syrup(designed to make me cough more)and even though I went to him for around 6 weeks he sent me back to work with a broken rib(from coughing)pnumonia(said I didn't need another X-ray)and a partially paralized diaphragm(he said my breathing would clear up by its self). A new doctor put me in the hosp. emediately and due to the diaphragm problem I have spent most of the past year there. She sent me to several specialists who also found a heart problem. Schmeiser screens you first through his nurse practitioner. She sees you three times before he will even look at you. One heart surgery later I still need the diaphragm operated on, it blocks the lung you see. That's why I can't breathe, still. Good thing my new doctor LISTENED to me and sent me for another X-ray.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2007

Dr. T.J. Schmeiser's Credentials

• University Of Osteopathic Medicine And Health Sciences (Grad. 1997)