Ratings for Dr. Marie J. Carter

I see both Dr. Carter and her (identical twin) sister Dr. Webster. I never know which one I will see when I go in for an appointment, which is a little strange. But Dr. Carter is wonderful. I went in for a yearly gyno checkup in 2012, and Dr. Carter came in instead of Dr. Webster. After the exam, she started talking to me about weight loss. I weighed about 263 lbs, so I needed it. She explained some things, like insulin resistance, that could be making it hard for me to lose weight, and wanted to run tests. Sure enough, she was right. She started me on medication for it as soon as the test results came back. So far I've lost 55 lbs, and I have 58 left to go. My only real complaint is with the staff. Often, the staff at the front desk is not very friendly. And almost every single time I run out of refills at my pharmacy and they send in a request for refills, I have to call the office multiple times to get them to send the approval for more refills back to my pharmacy. It's almost enough to make me want to find a new doctor. But Dr. Carter has helped me so much with my weight, and she is so nice, I really don't want to have to do that.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2014

Like others, my appointment was with Dr. Webster, no explanation, Dr. Carter shows up. Immediately offers diet meds and discusses BHT, runs over $3,000 worth of tests to tell me, at age 58, I'm hormone deficient, NO KIDDING. I have no health issues to speak of........beware, $3k worth of needless tests. Spent no time discussing important test results, like pap, mammogram, bone density I had to ask for a copy. I have NEVER, EVER seen so many tests, for nothing.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2014

She was great! Very informative and considerate. Wonderful staff.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2006

Dr. Marie J. Carter's Credentials

• Oklahoma College Of Osteopathic Medicine And Surgery (Grad. 1996)

Amerihealth