Ratings for Dr. M. Bella'Lufu

Dr Bella is a great doctor. He always asks what the patient wants, but he also gives his professional opinion on what he htinks is best. Not a lot of doctors do that. Usually you get told whats what, and thats that. Dr Bella takes the time to explain, and takes time to get to know his patients. His staff, which happens to be one amazing woman who handles the whole place, is awsome, too. She handles everything behind the scenes, and goes out of her way to help. Im thankful my small town has access to such a great doctor/clinic.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2012

Without question Dr. Bella is one of the very best doctors I have had the honour to know. When any of us go to a doctor with our human failings, it is critical to remember we are meeting another human and not a god we expect to be perfect. Dr. Bella is one of the most loving, caring doctors I have ever met, and is impossible to leave his office without feeling he has given you his very best. The community is tremendously fortunate to have him. It is foolish to not expect him to have some weaknesses. I would be frightened if he didn't appear to have any. The nurses in the hospital are there as backup, exactly as they should. Four stars across the board. The town should do all it can to embrace this wonderful man.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2010

Was extremely helpful when getting my mother-in-law into the city for hip surgery, accessed right away and sent immediately. Take time to listen to him and you won't be sorry..So what if he uses a book, you can't know all the drugs, some are better than others...Be glad these Drs. are here to help..See how long you would wait for surgery otherwise.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2010

We are new to the area and not used to a small town. However, Dr. Bella has provided both my husband and me with excellent care. He is friendly and easy to talk to and is willing to discuss and explain things. His language skills are quite sufficient, we just listen more carefully as does he. I would be concerned if he did NOT confirm drug-interactions and functions in his medical reference book. NO doctor can be expected to know everything about every drug or disease. Perhaps those who criticize should show a little more tolerance.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2009

I REALLY LIKE DR.BELLA. HE LISTENS TO WHAT I WANT AND DOES NOT JUST PRESCRIBE ANYTHING TO GET YOU OUT THE DOOR, EVEN IF IT'S NOT APPROPRIATE. FOR THOSE PEOPLE WHO HAVE TROUBLE UNDERSTANDING HIM, I SUGGEST YOU LISTEN MORE CLOSELY AND EXPLAIN YOURSELF MORE CLEARLY AS WE TALK FAST AND USE TOO MUCH SLANG. THE FACT HE ACTUALLY LOOKS THINGS UP IS REASSURING BECAUSE NO DOCTOR CAN KNOW EVERYTHING AND KEEP UP TO DATE WITHOUT CONSTANTLY REFERENCING NEW MATERIAL. IF HE DIDN'T DO THIS, I WOULD THINK HE WAS A KNOW-IT-ALL, OR DIDN'T CARE IF I GOT THE LATEST TREATMENT.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2009

have seen Dr. B for two yrs. 4 most part satisfactorily; have a couple of issues with him but my fault for not explaining clearly enough & his for not understanding what I was trying to convey! He has treated myself, husband, son-in-law and daughter; his treatment to all - in hospital/office has been thorough and caring and I pray that if or when I require immediate serious attention he will treat me as he has my family which has been excellent. We should ALL attempt to be a little more patient with him in his learning english more extensively; SOMEDAY Y O U who criticize may REQUIRE HIS SERVICES and be thankful that he was/or is there for you in your time of need! As for his receptionist - SHE IS WONDERFUL and NOT cold or uncaring. She goes above and beyond her duties to make people feel comfortable and is soooo helpful and kind - maybe those who are being critical of either should 'SIGN THEIR NAMES' AND PUT THERE MONEY WHERE THERE MOUTHS ARE I gladly sign my name Olive Baker

flag | Submitted October 8, 2008

I took my infant son to see this Doctor he took for ever to come and has to ask the nurse what to do, but he said my son just had the flu and sent him home, I had to rush him to the hospital in Regina a few hours later, and he was put in the hospital for a week. would not trust this man with my dog. he knows nothing but giving u drugs u dont need thank GOD for the RNs because they tell him what the person needs

flag | Submitted May 25, 2008

Dr. Bella is a nice man and is fabulous with children. I don't however, feel confident in his abilities and have often questioned his lack of knowledge. Not that I judge someone for looking up information in a book but he seems to rely heavily on his textbooks and drug manuals. I found it highly questionable when he was not familiar with some common type prescriptions. He certainly is not my doctor of choice. The receptionist is often unfriendly and cold. Perhaps we have caught her on "bad" days.

Submitted March 28, 2008

i have only been to Dr. Bella once but for this once i have to say i was very happy with the way Dr. Bella made me feel like a human and not a number. He was very polite, listened to my problems, and asked a lot of very good questions,i will be going back to Dr. Bella as he is the best doctor i have had in years

flag | Submitted October 9, 2007

Very caring, concerned,listens to how you feel about something and does not push any drugs that you do not feel comfortable with, leaves this final decision up to the patient. Both my husband & I are new to this town and find Dr. Bella better than big city Drs. we have had and he is not brain washed by the large drug companies.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2007