You may also like

Rate Dr. Karen F. Giardino

Dr. Karen F. Giardino's Ratings

Dr. Giardino was exceptionally rude to her front desk. To .any rules for an office just to get an appointment and MY time is wasted sitting there

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2903756].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 24, 2015

Dr Giardino is a very thorough Dr. Spends as much time as is required on every patient. May mean you have to wait for a little extra time in the waiting room but the wait is worth it. I have also seen the young Nurse practitioner who is very competent and friendly. The staff is also very pleasant and friendly despite how busy the office seems to be. I would definitely recommend this practice.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2848794].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

I almost canceled my initial appointment after reading the reviews. I am so glad I didn't. From the very first time I called to make my appointment, as well as interim phone calls, the staff has been nothing but friendly. I felt
the same exact way after being to the office today for the first time. Both the nurse and the receptionist couldn't have been nicer. Dr. Giardino herself was amazing. I have never ever had a doctor be so thorough and take as much time as she spent with me today. She took the time to actually ask questions and listen to the answers. And what's more important is the fact that she was so knowledgable on the subject. I still cannot get over the service I received today. She is exactly the kind of doctor I needed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2824584].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015

DR GIARDINO IS SO VERY NASTY, RUDE TOO HER STAFF..

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2806093].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

I saw the NP first with a diagnosis of enlarged nodules on my thyroid. She recommended surgery, a full throidectomy. At that point I saw Karen, the doctor, for less than 5 minutes. She was unpleasant to say the least. She agreed with the NP on the spot. I had the surgery which I later found out I didn't need. Post surgery there was a new NP, Susan . She saw me twice to help regulate my throid medication. After that she referred me back to my primary. It seems Karen sees a small percentage of patients and gives a smaller percentage of them her total attention. Those patients seem to really benefit from her care, but still have to wait hours to see her. I would never seek treatment from this practice again.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2624451].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 18, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Giordano for three times, each visit is 3~6 months apart. The doctor answered my questions nicely and honestly and explained her evaluation well. I totally understand that that's the best scope of evaluation medical can provide and I am satisfied in my visit experience. WAITING TIME is the only thing I would love the clinic to improve, after all the patient has taken their time off from work in order to match this hard-to-get appointment ON TIME. The clinic might need to adjust their way of booking... As far as some other online review I have seen BEFORE I have my first visit with this doctor about not spending enough time on patient, my thought is that it will better if the patients have given their symptom more thought/ prepare some questions before the visit and even done some online research. That way they can ask more "specifying" questions and doctors can explain in the ways better suit patients' need.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1962130].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 28, 2012

This might be the worst doctor's office I have ever been to. During my time as a patient of Dr. Giardino, I only saw her once. When I say I saw her, I mean I literally only saw her in the hallway. I saw her Nurse Practicioner for my first (and only) three appointments. After my bloodwork results back back, the NP decreased my medication when she should have increased it. She read the results incorrectly. Perhaps this is why she is a NP and not a doctor? After this, I made an appointment with a different Endocrinologist and was much happier. He even commented that the mistake of reading my bloodwork should NEVER have happened. In addition, the secretary that I dealt with was INCREDIBLY rude. I wish I would have told her that. I would not recommend this office to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1962129].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 4, 2011

the office is DEFINITELY overextended with patients, and there is a significant wait past your appointment time (sometime up to an hour) but karen is well worth it. i only saw the np for my very first visit, i've seen karen at every visit since. it seems that the routine stuff gets handled by the np and karen works directly on the trickier cases, or atleast until she gets you optimized. she is incredibly well versed in endocrinology, especially pcos which some doctors dont even believe in. she'll entertain any question you throw at her, even the stuff i've read on shady internet sites. at one point i thought i'd have to switch insurances and she wouldn't be covered, so she made a plan to have my covered doc order my bloodwork and then she'd review it and call me about the results and fax my RXs so i wouldnt be charged for an office visit. she is NOT as money hungry as these reviews make her sound!! luckily she is still covered by my insurance bc i am very happy with her as my endo!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1962128].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2011

This doctor does not listen to me. I have thyroid disease she only goes by the stats on the bloodwork NOT how I feel. she is not easy to communicate with and there are signs posted all over the office about fees and $100 charge if you don't show up and cancell within 24 hours. I heard a girl get yelled at by help because she was short of cash. The doctor prances in with diamond bracelets, makeup and expensive shoes. She looks like some business exec and not a doctor. She never wears a white coat! She really is into money and that's the impression I got because she just does not understand my condition and is definitely one to dispense pills I don't need and the ones I need, I can't get from her!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1962118].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 27, 2010

Karen is a very knowledgeble Dr., however, unfortunately for her the staff is very unprofessional, unpleasant, they lie and do not communicate with the patients and the NP Suzanne should be fired! During my initial appointment she rolled her eyes and tsk'd at every answer I gave. When I let her know that I did not appreciate her body language she just shrugged her shoulders. The wait for a SCHEDULED apt is 1+ hrs after you arrive. I wasdismissed from the office when I disputed the office Manager with regardsto a phone call I received regarding an apt. They said the office never called and I had the date, time and message on my cell phone!?!?!?I would NEVER recommend anyone to this office!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1962127].votes_count ]]