Ratings for Dr. Karen F. Giardino

I was very disappointed with this unprofessional visit. First I spend approximately 2 hours in wating room. After, her nurse practitioner came (I did have with her nice chat). I was under impression she tried to kill the time. Finally when doctor came, she spent 5 min looking at my results. She advised me to wait 6 months and repeat tests. Next, without any explantion she left examination room. First, I was positive than she went to make copy of some additional information which I gave her. I waited in room for a few minutes and I realized my visit is over. I was left waiting only to be told that she does have no intention of returning and she is with the other patient. I was left with no course of action and most importantly many unanswered questions. Unfortunately this 5 minutes was all what I have for $200.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

Dr G is the best. I've never had such a thorough doctor in my life. I've had hashimotos thyroiditis for over 10 years and as the condition progressed Dr G has been with me every step of the way. She even got to the bottom of a seemingly unrelated disease that I was seeing another specialist for years about with no results. Truly holistic care. Sure the administrative aspects of the office and staff can use some improvement but the doctor herself really cares and is just top notch all the way.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2017

I called to make an appointment with her for my Polycystic ovaries Syndrome 2 month ago. I was told to come in on July 27th @ 10:30 and if it was possible to have my primary doctor run some lab work associated with the disease. I got my primary doctor to order the lab work and I went to the schedule appointment and the receptionist told me that unfortunately they did not have an appointment schedule for me today. They asked me to have a seat and she was going to talk with her manager. (This happened after they ignored me waiting to check in for 10 minutes)The receptionist called me back over and stated again that I didn't have an appointment and asked me to come back on Monday. I told the woman that I'm leaving the country and I was told to come in today so I won't be rescheduling. I told her I would figure something out when I come home again in May. I think they handle the situation unprofessionally. I more than likely will be looking for a different endocrinologist in the future

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

The doctor was intelligent and seemed very kind. I don't like how long it takes to get anyone on the phone in the office and how the office staff treats you. I was shocked . I wish I didn't have to go back there actually. The doctor Is understaffed and needs to hire more efficient people

flag | Submitted July 3, 2017

Horrible experience with this office. The receptionist was very rude to two elderly patients who didn't understand the paperwork. I saw the physician's assistant who was very nice. However, I was told due to insurance purposes, I had to wait and see the doctor. I waited an hour to see her. There are no magazines in the waiting room or the patient rooms. When the doctor finally came in, she just told me to come back in a month. Then I was sent a text cancelling my next appointment. By this time, I decided the office was not for me. I made an appointment with a new doctor. Today (a week after the cancelled text), I receive a phone call confirming the appointment. I called the office and left a message. They called back and said it was a mistake. This office is totally disorganized.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

Dr. Giardino was right to the point, seemed very busy and in a rush. I had no issues with her, or her PA. My issue is with the rudeness of the office staff. Half of a patient's impression is how they are treated upon arrival, and when making appointments. They are seem to be bothered at having to do their jobs and are extremely rude. Dr. Giardino, please look into how your office staff is treating patients, especially the one that answers the phones.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017

I was treated with utmost care and concern. The exam was thorough and everything was explained to me. The staff was all very pleasant and professional.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

I love Dr Giardino. I have been going to her for over a year now, however the front desk staff is AWFUL. Awful in person and even worse on the phone. How can you run a successful business and expect people to respect you when you have staff that is so disrespectful to your patients? Danielle is the worst. After calling to ask about a specific problem, she basically yelled at me and degraded me on the phone. It took everything in me not to yell back but I won't stoop to that level. If I didn't love my DR so much, I would leave this practice. Just remember, we the patients are the ones paying your salary.

Submitted November 24, 2015

I had an appointment for Nov 3rd to see Dr Giardino and got a call on the 7th of Oct to reschedule do to the fact that she would not be there which is understandable so the next appt was for Nov 13th at 9AM I arrived there at 8:45 only to be told oh we changed your appt to Dec 15 needless to say I never got a phone call telling me of this change they said they did call so when I got home I checked all my missed calls and messages and low and behold nothing from them . I will be looking for another endo

flag | Submitted November 13, 2015

Rude staff. Dr Diamonds refused care to me when I told her I was experiencing a conern over a medication she prescribed due to a fee for 1 missed appointmet. Doctors take an oaths?? Her concern is how much jewelry she has not her patients!!! I do not recommend her unless you are rich like her!

flag | Submitted October 28, 2015

Dr. Karen F. Giardino's Credentials

• State University Of New York At Buffalo School Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)