Ratings for Dr. Michael Knable

This doctor is the worse provider we have ever encountered. I am concerned there is something wrong with his judgment and his character. He made things so much worse by prescribing high doses of medication and predicting a lifetime of disability for our loved one. He had is so wrong. We found another psychiatrist for our family member and result is night and day. Our loved one is on minimal medication and functioning beautifully now, I would highly discourage anyone from obtaining medical advise from this doctor. Steer clear !!!!!!

flag | Submitted September 28, 2015

This "doctor" needs to re read his Hippocratic Oath" particularly the passage " do no harm" . In a short period of time he managed to undo previous therapy and put future health at risk by flatly telling my loved one that there was nothing to be done, no medication available to help and he should just go to a residential therapy setting (oddly enough the one this idiot is involved with). I am just now able to write this after an eight his month struggle of trying to right this man' s beyond poor medical advise. I believe he he has left private practice for an even more lucrative post but just in case he resurfaces-please under no circumstances allow yourself or a loved one to see this incapable, uncaring, quack .

flag | Submitted August 2, 2014

This man should not be seeing patients ! The medical care I received from Dr. Knable was reckless and irresponsible. He was impatient, arrogant and strange. He refused to consider my history and rejected any input from my family. Said nothing would help me ( not even medicine ) and recommended very expensive residential treatment. Thankfully I had the sense to move on and have found excellent medical care. Happy to say all is well now. Would not recommend this doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2014

He has great credentials as he specializes in mood disorders and is board certified in neurology and psychiatry. He is very uncaring and seeming uninterested in family input. He insisted we have our family member receive a psychological evaluation by his psychologist even though we provided him one from our daughter's psychologist. We had to pay him just under $3000 for this evaluation. We learned nothing new from it and it did not result in any change to her care. Dr. Knable's bedside manner was such that he seemed to not care at all the travails our daughter was going through. Regarding the several thousand dollars we paid him for the redundant psychological evaluation, I attribute this to his taking advantage of us during our vulnerable time of desperately wanting to get care for our daughter. After all is said and done, she is neither doing better nor worse than when he first assumed her care. We have since changed psychiatrists.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2013

Dr. Knable is competent - but lacks compassion and empathy. He made me feel like I was bothering him.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2013

Dr. Michael Knable's Credentials

• Ohio Medical University (Grad. 1986)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Bethesda, MD