Ratings for Dr. Robert G. Arias

I went to. Arias 12-13 years ago after a pretty bad auto accident. He helped me worked through several issues in my life that were keeping from being happy. He is very insightful and seems to know instinctivlely what to say to get you to move forward. He helped me get away from very abusive relationships and start feeling better as a whole. I always seemed to leave a session having learned something new about myself or how to help myself...tools that I've used for years. I have since moved and remarried and such. I recently started seeing him again as I am dealing with an impairing disease and am trying to sort through that as well as a couple other i ssues. I seeked him out especially with confidence in knowing it will not be a waste of my time or money. ( I have chosen to travel hrs to see him rather that find someone local) I think that anyone who chooses to listen to the help he offers and use it will be satisfied.. Hes absolutely the best at helping people help themselves. He cares for his patients as well as caring that hes doing the best for them.. If you are scheduling schedule ahead....he's very busy. Which to me is a good sign!

flag | Submitted October 27, 2016

WARNING - Was order from work to see Arias for a WAIS111 battery test. and only need this test if tou have a stroke or head injury I had neither I told him about my boss yelling and bulling me at work he did not want to talk about it. Psycholoist gets $2000 to $3000 for one these test it was a government job so it a total waste of tax payer money. There was a websit. on Bulling. at work about how I was being Bulled Arias is the WORST!!! person to see for help.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2016

I know of three individuals that have gone into him for the same type of testing and all the received the same results "inconclusive". Interesting.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

Excellent office. Dr. Arias is attentive and caring. Always a friendly smile!

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

Excellent and professional! Dr. Arias was very caring and handled my situation with care.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

If you have any limits of Visits per year through you insurance company, I would make sure that you know yourself what that a out of visits is for mental health and then keep track yourself how many times you have been to Dr. Arias because his office will most certainly let you run up a large bill until you get something from your insurance and by that time your bill can be up in the $1,000. And believe me he does not take anything off for people who pay cash... Another thing I would recommend is that if you have a true FSA account through your insurance company, I would find on other doctor... His office will refuse to get you the correct information your FSA might request to cover your payments .. So you will have to end up reimbursing you FSA for those payments because of Dr Arias office's refusal to follow the federal government laws which require his office to give itimized statements and whatever the insurance needs to cover the payment

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015

Dr. Arias was egotistical, rude and arrogant during my meetings with him. I was being evaluated for a neurostimulator implant but it seemed like he was running us through his business model in an effort to increase his bottom line. I felt as though there was a conflict of interest with his practice and the referring pain clinic. My wife accompanied me to hear his explanation of his recommendations, and she was as shocked as I was. He based little of his recommendations on the the previous 5-hour testing, which was often interrupted by other stall members using the printer in the test room. (When we arrived for our second appointment there were no staff members present and he didn't even know why we were there.) He continually cited clinical studies and had no interest in our opinions. He called my previous psychiatric care "awful" and "unethical" and used foul language during our appointment. His loathing of psychiatry as a tool for treating mental health was evident. Definitely a "my way or the highway" guy and I would never recommend him for any kind of treatment or advice.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2015

Helped me see beyond my own barriers. The Dr. does initially come across as abrasive if you are used to the coddling type of therapists, but I found him to be a breathe of fresh air. He will call it like it is, even if that is not what you want to hear. If you want honesty and you are willing to put in the effort Dr Arias will help you through, but he has no patience if you refuse to do the work. I learned a lot about myself.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2014

Once you get to know him, you realize he is really a sharp guy. I learned a lot from him. Very perceptive.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2013

I was referred to Dr Arias because of memory and emotional problems after being involved in a serious automobile accident. I was diagnosed with a Traumatic Brain Disorder(TBI) due to the accident. This was confirmed by doctors treating me for other issues. Also I have ongoing pain due to a knee that was shattered. I have been very happy with Arias and his staff. I appreciate that he is honest and realistic with his evaluations and suggestions. Under his guidance there have been significant improvements in my coping abilities, mood and outlook on life. With Aria's help I have been able to come to peace with living my life with chronic pain and diminished cognitive/memory abilities. I am happy and productive. Arias and his staff have consistently been on time, highly professional and helpful with the insurance companies. Two thumbs up for Dr Arias.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2013