Ratings for Dr. William R. Wood

I usually see female doctors but Dr. Wood is the exception. He is funny, gentle, kind, soft spoken, caring, knowledgeable, and Very Intelligent although he does not throw it in your face as being a know-it-all. He saved my baby's life by knowing that I needed to deliver at 28 weeks. He did an amazing job during my c-section surgery/delivery. The results showed my placenta had a clot and was failing and most likely another week later I would have had a miscarriage even though I felt great. I will forever be thankful for him and proud to call him my doctor.... and the angel on earth who saved my baby! He is a truly genuine, down-to-earth wonderful person who is excellent at his job and really cares about his work!

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

flag | Submitted August 7, 2014

I have had Dr. Wood as my OB throughout all three of my pregnancies. He is the best physician I have ever met. He is very gentle, caring and thorough. My mom died during my last pregnancy recently and he asked me how I was doing with each appointment after. He has a very honest and humble attitude. I have always felt comfortable with him because I know he is full of compassion and truly cares about his patients. I am actually sad after my 6 wk checkup because know I won't have regular appointments with him anymore. This physician is more than a doctor, he is a compassionate human being.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2014

Dr. Wood is absolutely amazing! I have never seen a doctor as dedicated, professional, kind, trustworthy, and talented as he is. He supported me through two pregnancies and natural deliveries, and some other complications. At every step, he was attentive, patient, and simply there for me. He is both a great doctor and a sincere, genuine person. I am grateful for his care in more ways than I can tell. I feel extremely lucky to have met him and to have been able to be his patient. I was supported in my choice to deliver in the best possible environment thanks to him. Since I have known him, he has always paid attention to all of my questions, concerns, and always offered kind advice and honest, professional guidance. I trust him completely, and, because of his care and professionalism, my family and I have had peace of mind in regards to any OBGYN concerns. He is the best doctor I have ever encountered. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2014

I first met Dr. Wood a few months ago and was sold from our first meeting. He truly is knowledgeable,comforting,gentle,and he listens to you. I never felt rushed, nor did I wait long. He addressed all of my concerns and I was sure that in his hands, he would do everything he could to get me healthy. He performed my first surgery, a Da Vinci robotic myomectomy on me 2 weeks ago to remove a very large fibroid.I feel great even though I am still recovering.He said he would take good care of me..and I trust him to do that for all his patients.I look forward to my future visits with him..and one day I hope he will deliver my babies. So happy to call Dr. Wood my doctor. He really is the greatest.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2013

I have always preferred seeing female OBGYNs until I got pregnant and wanted to deliver at Family Beginnings in Dayton. Dr. Wood is a wonderful doctor - listened to all of my concerns, was very knowledgeable, open to my wishes, etc. He is truly fantastic and was extremely supportive during my birth.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2013

I switched to Dr. Wood after an unpleasant experience at another practice. I am SO glad that I did. He runs late to his appointments because he spends so much time with every patient. I don't mind waiting because I know he won't make me feel rushed when he gets to my appointment. He is knowledgeable and practices medicine the way that I think a lot of doctors used to. I was nervous about having a male OB but I got over that after my first appointment. He is great.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2013

Doesn't get much better than him! I have been with him since he started practicing. He is a jewel, smart and has the best bedside manner of any Doc I have ever experienced.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2013

I am completely at ease with Dr. Wood. He deserves extreme recognition for being being thorough and always following up with any questions I have whether it be through Mychart online or on the phone. Extremely caring and the best doctor I've known. I always have the same nurse and I love her. He's a wonderful person and that makes for an excellent doctor.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2013

Dr. Wood is as real as it gets. He is upfront and honest with you. He helped bring my little girl into this world in a flawless way. I couldn't have had a better doctor or a better hospital (Miami Valley).

flag | Submitted December 13, 2012

Dr. William R. Wood's Credentials

• Rush Medical College Of Rush University (Grad. 1996)