Ratings for Dr. Camilla Vaz

Dr Vaz is quick to make a diagnosis, she does not listen to the concerns raised during appointments. She is extremely rude, very narrow minded in approach, She has been quick to prescribe pills, has misdiagnosed, she is a sub par doctor, which lead us to leave her practice and seek out another doctor/ 2nd opinion and that was best for our three children. We are so thankful that we left Dr.Vaz's practice.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2018

Dr Vaz was quick and missed the reason my son was there. We went to another endocrinologist and got it treated

flag | Submitted February 13, 2018

Secretary has NEVER picked up the phone. Even after getting appointment you have to wait. not nice.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

Was kicked out of her practice and yelled at in front of the entire waiting room for questioning her about vaccines. My son kept having reactions which she failed to acknowledge. Said his severe eczema was a dairy allergy which it was not, it was an immune response to those toxic shots. Doctors used to recognize eczema as a vaccine reaction and a reason to not vaccinate anymore. Not Dr Vaz. She was extremely rude and treated me like I was an idiot. The only time I was an idiot is when I put my precious baby in her care. Horrible woman.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2017

Not a good experience with this Dr. She does't take the time to listen and comes to quick conclusions - once she has something in her mind, good luck engaging her with options of care. I'm glad I sought out second options and questioned her diagnosis. She was wrong on several occasions. She's also a pill pusher so if you are open to alternative medicines, she is not the Dr for you. Her saving grace is Claire. Expect long waits - seeking a new ped.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Oh my gosh this lady is not fit for medicine. She questioned me on every ridiculous thing. Me "he has a very healthy diet". Her "how do you know that? ". Me "well I follow the food guide and limit sugars, and other junk food". Her "but how do you know that that's, heathy or what his body needs. Are you a dr.?" No. I'm not, but that's why I've come to see a dr. And this type of questing went on for every single thing and completely off topic from why we were there. If I would ask her a question she would get her back up. Me "do you have a concern about his diet?" Her "I haven't tested his blood so how would I know". Me "is that his next step?". Her "why are you questioning me? I am the Dr in this room, do you think you know better than I do?!" . It went on like this through the whole appointment. What a ridiculous waste of time. By the time we left she (in a spiteful way) said that my son has a mental retardation and that my other child, who was not involved in the appointment, has autism. We've since had assessments done on our children (from other doctors) and they have not come back at all like Camilla Vaz was diagnosing. Why waste your time? Just go to a better Dr.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

She diagnosed and wrote a prescription for my daughter for ADHD. This was years ago, but I was very upset at the time and never took my daughter back to see her. It turned out that my daughter had a mild learning disability, not ADHD. I was completely shocked that she would diagnose my daughter based on a few questions and then prescribe a new version of ritalin. She had kept us waiting two hours and my daughter was hungry and irritable. Having a Psychology Degree, I knew she was wrong. On leaving her office, she handed me an information sheet on help for "slow learners". When I did object to her diagnoses, she said : look at her, she's all over the place". I couldn't believe that she would say such things. I personally thought that she was a good doctor up until this time.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2016

People love to say that Dr. Vaz is "condescending". She isn't. She's just tired of parents coming in who think their kid is perfect, and that they are the perfect parents. These people don't like being told otherwise. We've been with Dr. Vaz for 13 years, and know that she is a very good Doctor, and that Claire is great as well.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2016

Dr. Vaz has been our pediatrician for over 16 years. Yes, her bedside manner can be dismissive, however, I have consistently found that she is knowledgeable, thorough and is available for conversations. She doesn't sugar coat things and tells it like it is. She is in demand for sure and it could take some time to get in to see her, but she's definitely the person I go to if my children are sick or need medical attention. Complete trust in her medical ability.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2016

Rude and condescending Doctor. Its so difficult to get appointments and one has to wait a while. She has a horrible attitude towards parents and makes it her job to make you feel inferior. We were with her for a little bit with our oldest child, but was extremely unhappy. Would never recommend her to anyone

flag | Submitted July 29, 2016