Ratings for Dr. Camilla Vaz

Not a good experience with this Dr. She does't take the time to listen and comes to quick conclusions - once she has something in her mind, good luck engaging her with options of care. I'm glad I sought out second options and questioned her diagnosis. She was wrong on several occasions. She's also a pill pusher so if you are open to alternative medicines, she is not the Dr for you. Her saving grace is Claire. Expect long waits - seeking a new ped.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Oh my gosh this lady is not fit for medicine. She questioned me on every ridiculous thing. Me "he has a very healthy diet". Her "how do you know that? ". Me "well I follow the food guide and limit sugars, and other junk food". Her "but how do you know that that's, heathy or what his body needs. Are you a dr.?" No. I'm not, but that's why I've come to see a dr. And this type of questing went on for every single thing and completely off topic from why we were there. If I would ask her a question she would get her back up. Me "do you have a concern about his diet?" Her "I haven't tested his blood so how would I know". Me "is that his next step?". Her "why are you questioning me? I am the Dr in this room, do you think you know better than I do?!" . It went on like this through the whole appointment. What a ridiculous waste of time. By the time we left she (in a spiteful way) said that my son has a mental retardation and that my other child, who was not involved in the appointment, has autism. We've since had assessments done on our children (from other doctors) and they have not come back at all like Camilla Vaz was diagnosing. Why waste your time? Just go to a better Dr.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

She diagnosed and wrote a prescription for my daughter for ADHD. This was years ago, but I was very upset at the time and never took my daughter back to see her. It turned out that my daughter had a mild learning disability, not ADHD. I was completely shocked that she would diagnose my daughter based on a few questions and then prescribe a new version of ritalin. She had kept us waiting two hours and my daughter was hungry and irritable. Having a Psychology Degree, I knew she was wrong. On leaving her office, she handed me an information sheet on help for "slow learners". When I did object to her diagnoses, she said : look at her, she's all over the place". I couldn't believe that she would say such things. I personally thought that she was a good doctor up until this time.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2016

People love to say that Dr. Vaz is "condescending". She isn't. She's just tired of parents coming in who think their kid is perfect, and that they are the perfect parents. These people don't like being told otherwise. We've been with Dr. Vaz for 13 years, and know that she is a very good Doctor, and that Claire is great as well.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2016

Dr. Vaz has been our pediatrician for over 16 years. Yes, her bedside manner can be dismissive, however, I have consistently found that she is knowledgeable, thorough and is available for conversations. She doesn't sugar coat things and tells it like it is. She is in demand for sure and it could take some time to get in to see her, but she's definitely the person I go to if my children are sick or need medical attention. Complete trust in her medical ability.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2016

Rude and condescending Doctor. Its so difficult to get appointments and one has to wait a while. She has a horrible attitude towards parents and makes it her job to make you feel inferior. We were with her for a little bit with our oldest child, but was extremely unhappy. Would never recommend her to anyone

flag | Submitted July 29, 2016

Dr. Vaz has been our childrens doctor for the last 13 years. She is awesome and has diagnosed our kids with problems other gps have missed. She is truly an asset and we can always rely on her when we need her!

flag | Submitted March 21, 2016

Dr. Vaz saved my baby's life. She called us twice in the night after tests came back that he had dangerous levels of bilirubin - something missed by the hospital that discharged us. If you care about your children, find them a top-notch paediatrician such as Dr. Vaz.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2015

Doctor Vaz has been my pediatrician for several years now, and I strongly detest her. She is immensely condescending, rude and intimidating. Each time I went there she made me feel awful, as i if the soul purpose of the appointment was to make me feel inferior and unwelcome. Never going back.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2015

She misdiagnosed one of my children and then suggested that my other child had a nurological disorder because he was misbehaving in the appointment. He's 2. She was compleatly wrong about both of my children. Thankfully we sought a second opinion but Dr Vaz's unprofessional opinions caused much upset and distress to our family.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2015