Ratings for Dr. Camilla Vaz

She diagnosed and wrote a prescription for my daughter for ADHD. This was years ago, but I was very upset at the time and never took my daughter back to see her. It turned out that my daughter had a mild learning disability, not ADHD. I was completely shocked that she would diagnose my daughter based on a few questions and then prescribe a new version of ritalin. She had kept us waiting two hours and my daughter was hungry and irritable. Having a Psychology Degree, I knew she was wrong. On leaving her office, she handed me an information sheet on help for "slow learners". When I did object to her diagnoses, she said : look at her, she's all over the place". I couldn't believe that she would say such things. I personally thought that she was a good doctor up until this time.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2016

People love to say that Dr. Vaz is "condescending". She isn't. She's just tired of parents coming in who think their kid is perfect, and that they are the perfect parents. These people don't like being told otherwise. We've been with Dr. Vaz for 13 years, and know that she is a very good Doctor, and that Claire is great as well.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2016

Dr. Vaz has been our pediatrician for over 16 years. Yes, her bedside manner can be dismissive, however, I have consistently found that she is knowledgeable, thorough and is available for conversations. She doesn't sugar coat things and tells it like it is. She is in demand for sure and it could take some time to get in to see her, but she's definitely the person I go to if my children are sick or need medical attention. Complete trust in her medical ability.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2016

Rude and condescending Doctor. Its so difficult to get appointments and one has to wait a while. She has a horrible attitude towards parents and makes it her job to make you feel inferior. We were with her for a little bit with our oldest child, but was extremely unhappy. Would never recommend her to anyone

flag | Submitted July 29, 2016

Dr. Vaz has been our childrens doctor for the last 13 years. She is awesome and has diagnosed our kids with problems other gps have missed. She is truly an asset and we can always rely on her when we need her!

flag | Submitted March 21, 2016

Dr. Vaz saved my baby's life. She called us twice in the night after tests came back that he had dangerous levels of bilirubin - something missed by the hospital that discharged us. If you care about your children, find them a top-notch paediatrician such as Dr. Vaz.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2015

Doctor Vaz has been my pediatrician for several years now, and I strongly detest her. She is immensely condescending, rude and intimidating. Each time I went there she made me feel awful, as i if the soul purpose of the appointment was to make me feel inferior and unwelcome. Never going back.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2015

She misdiagnosed one of my children and then suggested that my other child had a nurological disorder because he was misbehaving in the appointment. He's 2. She was compleatly wrong about both of my children. Thankfully we sought a second opinion but Dr Vaz's unprofessional opinions caused much upset and distress to our family.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2015

As a fellow physician, I have found Dr. Vaz to be straightforward, knowledgeable and great with our son. The demands of her time are extreme and yet she doesn't rush patients in or out and is thorough in her workup. Her medical advice is spot on from my knowledge. If parents are looking for someone with false charm, pay your hard earned money to a naturopath. If you want someone that will be on top of medical problems your child develops, Dr. Vaz is great.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2015

Dr. Vaz is old school in her manner - very strict, very no nonsense. She's not to everyone's tastes, but she's a very knowledgeable doctor and not, as someone posted below, in need of training. Dr. Vaz doesn't jump on trends. She reads the latest, established scientific research and adjusts her treatments from there. Her manner can be disconcerting for new parents, but her definitive answers and clear instructions are also reassuring. That being said, she's very sweet with the children. You can tell she loves children and babies. She is gentle and soft-spoken to little kids. She just doesn't baby the parents! If you can't hack it, get another doctor.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014