Dr. Shaad B. Bidiwala

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Shaad B. Bidiwala

2nd Choice Neuro Surgeon, and SHOULD HAVE been my 1st!! I had a spinal fusion and it is PERFECT! I have recommended Bidiwala to friends and family. Staff is amazing. My Neuro for life!

flag | Submitted December 7, 2017

Best Neurolosurgeon ever! He exceeded my expectations and made me feel comfortable and confident with the plan through the entire process!

flag | Submitted August 14, 2017

Dr, Bidiwalla is completely knowledgeable & has a very caring bedside manner. I recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2017

My wife has has 5 surgery since 2012 doctors in Waco. Our primary Doctor told us about Dr. Bidiwala so we set a appt. with him. He was excellent and very detailed with us we knew that he was the right doctor for us so on June 12, 2017 he put 18 screws and 2 rods from C3- T5. I pushed my wife into the hospital and 2 days after her surgery she was up and walking again and the pain was not as bad as it was from the past 5 surgery's she had from the other doctors. We think so highly of Dr. Bidiwala that I have been passing out his business cards to people that we know that need surgery and advise them to stay away from the doctors in Waco. WE LOVE YOU DR.BIDIWALA AND ALL YOUR STAFF Y'all are all very very great people. Thank You again from giving my wife her life back.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

I have Essential Tremors. A nurse friend recommended me to Dr. Bidiwala and Texas Neurosurgery. At the first visit, he told me that I was a candidate for Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS). I was referred to a neurologist to get a second opinion. Both doctors agreed that I was a good candidate for DBS. Dr. Bidiwala and his Physician's Assistant Roxana Esfahani, see me separately and always make me feel comfortable around them. They will sit and listen to all my questions and concerns, without making it seem that they are in a hurry. They explained things so that we could understand what would happen during the procedure. I had to be awake thru the first half of the procedure, and he was always concerned about my well being. His office staff is extremely kind, considerate and helpful. My quality of life is greatly improved now, thanks to God and Dr. Bidiwala. He is a skilled, knowledgeable, caring surgeon who I would rate to be the best in his field. I cannot recommend him high enough.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

I had not slept in a bed for a year due to my condition. I was having shocks in my extremities that were debilitating. I was desperate for a solution. A friend had told me if I ever needed back surgery to go to Dr. Bidiwala. Dr. Bidiwala performed back surgery, placing 2 rods and 4 screws and removing a synovial cyst. He saw to it that I had excellent rehab care as well. I truly believe he was an answer to prayers. My quality of life is great now thanks to God and Dr. Bidiwala. He is a skilled, knowledgeable, caring surgeon who I would rate to be at the top of his field. He is the best of the best!

flag | Submitted April 11, 2017

Very knowledgeable super nice and really explained everything in layman terms, staff was very helpful and friendly and professional

flag | Submitted February 10, 2017

Dr. Shaad Bidiwala is far and away the best doctor I have ever met and nothing I can say really does justice to the man: he is intelligent, a compassionate and caring person, and a truly outstanding doctor. I count myself lucky to have found him.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

I was referred by my general practitioner. Dr. BIdiwala and his staff were professional, punctual, informative, and thorough with my diagnosis and treatment. The results of my treatment could not have gone better. I have to give a big 'thumbs up' on all counts. After years of lower back pain, I am pain free and most thankful to Dr Bidiwala for a new lease on life.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2016

Dr. Bidiwala performed surgery on my neck in an emergency situation. He fixed my neck. He cares about his patients. He listens when you talk. He knows what he is doing. He is the best.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2016

Dr. Shaad B. Bidiwala's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Bidiwala was born in Richmond, Indiana, and brought up in Louisville, Kentucky. He graduated valedictorian of his high school class and went on to complete Bachelor's and Master's degrees in Electrical Engineering at the University of Louisville. After finishing medical school, he completed residency training at the University of Kentucky. He specializes in the treatment of degenerative diseases of the spine, as well as in tumors of the brain and spine. Dr. Bidiwala has a special interest in staying abreast with the latest technologies in spine and brain surgery, and enjoys the challenges that come with staying on the cutting edge of medicine. He has won numerous awards and is one of D Magazines "Best Doctors" and "Experts", one of Vitals "Most Compassionate Doctors" and a recipient of their prestigious Patients' Choice Awards, and one of Castle Connolly's "Top Ten Doctors". He enjoys staying fit, gawking at fast cars, and spending time with his wife and two daughters.

• English
  • Spanish

• University Of Louisville School Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)

• Spinal stenosis