Ratings for Dr. Joseph B. Felder

Easy colonoscopy experience (and without any anesthesia).

flag | Submitted September 4, 2014

When you have a chronic illness you just want to be well. Having a doctor that takes the time to understand you and your disease is well worth a wait in the waiting room. I have been a patient of Dr. Felder's for over 20 years. He has kept me healthy enough to bear a child I never thought I could have. Because of Joe Felder I can hold a job and take care of my family. if you expect consistent punctuality in a physician's office, you have unrealistic expectations. Personally, I have seen Dr Felder in emergency circumstances a number of times and am grateful to have a physician who takes this time with me to ensure my safety and well being. If you want to be part of an assembly line ... Go somewhere else!

flag | Submitted September 4, 2014

excellent GI man especially skillful in inflammatory bowel disorders, ie Crohn's

flag | Submitted May 15, 2014

I am very surprised by all the negative ratings on Dr Felder. I have been going to him for 5 years now and I think he is great. He is VERY knowledgeable and professional. His bedside manner is terrific. Yeah, the guy is busy. Because he's good and because a lot of people trust him. Don't judge a doctor by the wait time.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2013

I don't trust this Doctor for several reasons. First, you can wait over an hour to see him! He likes to joke around, which I typically don't mind, but he takes it too far. I ask a question, and he would make a silly quip, not addressing my concerns. Don't get me wrong - I use comedy as a defense mechanism, so I get it, but when your health is a concern, don't make a bunch of jokes. My other big issue is you have to schedule a follow-up appointment to get your test results. Really? I have to pay to get my results? Maybe in his world where money isn't an object, but I don't live in that world. I can't afford to miss more work, and pay again unless it is absolutely necessary (ie he found something wrong that I need to go back in for). Who does this? Finally, if you want him to write you a script he'll force you to come in! Last, he talked me into a medication that was far more expensive, that insurance said was unnecessary, and it didn't help, yet he kept prescribing it! Suspicious!

flag | Submitted December 3, 2012

Extremely rude, wait time is appalling, he rushes through appointments, his staff is rude, his methods are outdated, he has no bedside manner, he is EXTREMELY unprofessional and discusses irrelevant topics.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2012

HeI was recommended by my internist so I should have been impressed. NOT! He rushes you,doesn't explain anything clearly,not too knowledgable, avoids diagnosis to justify lots and lots of tests for insurance $$$. He is more concerned about booking your next appointment than he is with your health. He is ALWAYS running late. Minimal wait time= 2 hours. His staff is extremely rude,impatient,obnoxious, and just plain dumb! DO NOT GO!!!

flag | Submitted May 1, 2012

Dr. Fielder took great care of my son and I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2011

Terrible office. I went to them years ago and he referred me to what must be the worst endocrinologist office in existence. Also, his receptionist is extremely rude.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2011

This office is a JOKE. Jennifer at the front desk is potentially the MOST idiotic and obnoxious receptionist EVER. I really cannot believe she is still employed. Felder=tests, more tests, insurance $$$$, and impatient, he rushes you and doesn't answer questions. They fight you to release records for a second opinion (UNETHICAL BEYOND BELIEF) and are stingy with samples (when they have them). Overall, go somewhere else, anywhere else.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2010

Dr. Joseph B. Felder's Credentials

• Hebrew

• University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School At Dallas (Grad. 1987)