Ratings for Dr. Ellen Epstein

I had been to several other doctors, but Dr. Epstein understood my allergic reactions and many side effects to various antibiotics and other allergens and her treatments cleared up my problems. This is the first year in many years that I have not had a bronchial infection. Professional, thorough and caring.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

Great doctor. Have seen many allergists over the past 20 years. Dr. Epstein extremely knowledgeable and personable. She explained why I should not be using my Proventil 3-4 times a day which no other allergist even mentioned to me. She put me on an inhaler that I use once a day and actually showed me how to use the inhaler while I was in the office which was extremely helpful. I have been able to now walk without shortness of breath and rarely use my Proventil which I learned was a rescue inhaler only. Saw comments about the wait time. I wait in every office I go into but rarely get the attention and time that Dr. Epstein and her staff give. I have spoken to people in the waiting room getting allergy shots, and although they wait they keep coming back because they feel great! Too bad more doctors are not like Dr. Epstein. A Gem!My highest recommendation!

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

Extremely nice office. Easy to get an appointment and the doctor gives you lots of attention. She takes a history, testing done right in office and she actually checked on me several times during the testing. The doctor figured out what was causing my rash after I had seen three other doctors who couldn’t. I am so glad I found Dr. Epstein. When my insurance did not cover my prescription, she was able to call the insurance company and get it approved. Most doctors don’t even bother. Would definitely recommend.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

The doctor is very knowledgeable and cautious. Her waiting room is usually packed because she is excellent. She has hired a great staff that are very courteous and efficient. It is a fast paced office. You need to wait after your allergy shot so in case you have a reaction, they can help. She's just amazing.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2014

Very thorough and cautious. A nice manner. Her new nurse is excellent. You are in safe hands here.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2014

Wonderful staff and doctor. Dr. Epstein is professional & caring. Comprehensive information taken which did take time and the doctor reviewed carefully, asking me about medications I was taking for other problems. I felt that she thoughtfully chose what to start me on and was concerned about my other problems. She even called my cardiologist while I was in the office to see if it would be okay to start a medication for my asthma, since I have atrial fibrillation. The wait time before I saw the doctor was about 15-20 minutes, but that is because I was filling out the forms which I was told could have been be done at home – (they are available on line but my printer was broken). After I filled out the forms, Randi at the front desk got my chart together pretty quickly and I was brought into the office. I was seen within minutes by the nurse and then Dr. Epstein. I had some testing done which she explained to me, and I had to wait to see if my breathing changed after medication was given to me. She explained that I would have to wait for about 20 minutes to see if it was effective. I waited in a comfortable testing room while I wa monitored for a reaction to the medication. The nurse and doctor checked on me periodically. Although I was in the office for a total of about 1.5 hours, it was time that was necessary and I was made to feel comfortable and given a lot of attention. They even gave me a bottle of water while I was waiting.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2014

While there may be a wait, it is well worth it to get attention from a doctor instead of going to someone who does not even remember you. Dr. Epstein always remembers who you are,what you are there for and listens to you no matter how busy she may be. In fact, part of the reason there may be a wait is that if you ever need to be seen as an emergency she will fit you in that day. I previously went to another allergist who wouldn’t even see me after the initial testing. Dr. Epstein makes sure that you are not having reactions and that the medication you are on is appropriate. In fact, she is always there when you get a shot- which is very reassuring as I never saw the doctor when I was getting shots at my other allergist. I have always found the front desk friendly and competent. I have gone there for two years waiting after my shots and have never seen anyone be rude to a patient. They are very efficient and go out of their way making sure I get my prescriptions and appointments.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2014

Knowledgeable but overbooked...you can wait 45-60 minutes for a shot. Desk staff is rude, burnt out. Nursing staff is great. Doctor is full of herself.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2013

Dr. Epstein is a very good doctor, she knows her stuff. However, if you have an appointment, you will be first seen 30-45 minutes after that appointment time, on a regular basis. Then you will have to wait another 30 minutes after your allergy shot. The room is very stuffy, the magazines are old, the door slams. You are lucky if you get a seat. I don't know if the doctor is aware that she is so over booked and her nurses so overworked. The nurses take it in stride and are just wonderful but it's not fair to the patient in the waiting room.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2013

Great doctor. Quickly found what I was allergic to and was extremely thorough. After one visit I was amazingly better. This was after several years of suffering. She is also available on Saturdays, which is great.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2012

Dr. Ellen Epstein's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1980)

Top Hospitals in Rockville Centre, NY