Ratings for Dr. Harris J. Gelberg

Do not enter this man's door. He is unprofessional. Egomaniac. I feel he should not be allowed to practice medicine. No patient should be exposed to his verbal abuse. deserves to be treated as I was by this person. He needs to get help from, hopefully, a psychiatrist. Not only did he lie to my GP in letter he faxed just to cover his actions but he lied regarding testing he refused to do dhim. He was verbally abusive. Actually told me to "leave and stop taking up space in his office". I had no idea why or what I had done to upset him. When I walked out to his staff, I was so shocked I said "He is so angry and I have no idea why!" One woman looked at me and said, "Well, whatever it is about I am sure he is right!" I wanted to vomit! No one deserves this treatment. I suspect he may have mood swings. I saw him two yrs ago and he was very nice. However even then he only wanted to discuss my back issues. It was my neurosurgeon who referred me to him - for heart issues. My neurosurgeon handled my back problems. This time he called me a "sparrow". Saying I did not need be concerned that my BMI score was 14.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2014

Dr. Harris J. Gelberg's Credentials

• New York University Medical College - Nlg (Grad. 1973)

Commercial Insurance Company