Ratings for Dr. Sue M. Palmer

I will start off by saying that I am an extremely picky person, with outrageously high standards. With that, Dr. Palmer met and surpassed all my hopes of the doctor that would see me through my pregnancies. She is a truly fantastic doctor whose actions speak volumes about how very much she cares about her patients and their babies. During my first pregnancy in 2010 my OB referred me to Dr. Palmer after determining I had gestational diabetes. Respecting that I did not wish to take insulin shots, Dr. Palmer worked meticulously with me on a weekly basis to adjust my diet so that I was able to control my blood sugar levels through diet modifications alone. At every appointment her ultrasound technician would perform an ultrasound. Afterwards, Dr. Palmer would come into the examination room to review the information the technician had collected, spend time collecting more information, and then afterwards invite me into her office to visit about how my pregnancy was going and to answer any questions I had. Really, it was an absolute dream. I do not know any other doctor who spends so much time with his or her patients and is so truly available. I appreciated my experience so much with Dr. Palmer that I went to her for both consultation and delivery of our second baby in 2014. And again, I cannot say enough wonderful things about my experience with Dr. Palmer during this pregnancy as well.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2015

Dr. Palmer is the best. I was high risk because I was diagnosed with diabetes prior to pregnancy and thanks to her I delivered 2 healthy baby girls. She truly cares about her patients and takes the time to go over weekly diet and blood sugar logs to see if any improvements need to be made. She is a "no nonsense" type of doctor and gives it to you straight, but like your own mother would. I remember crying a couple of times in her office because she was being tough on me for not following a healthy diet and controlling my blood sugar levels, but that tough love is what led me to deliver healthy babies after being on bed rest and having a rapidly increasing amount of fluid around my babies. I would definitely say that she is one of the best high risk ob/gyns in Houston. I almost forgot to mention that she replied promptly to my middle of the night first time mom pregnancy pain phone calls to her answering service.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2014

I rated Dr Palmer low due to my last visit. Been to her all of four times and in the beginning she was wonderful. However with the most recent visit my partner was made to feel like she was not doing what was necessary and cause of that she wasn't worthy to be a mother of twins and shouldn't be carrying them. She made it seem as if we were doing something wrong while never telling us that the babies were in danger or not growing as expected. She came across very rude and berating. Her staff is excellent, cheerful and always happy, even her daughter. We were hoping she would be the same. She refused to listen to my partner about her prior conditions and surgeries that impacted/caused limitations. Instead of listening and altering her expectations, she stated "had I seen you pre-conception I would've told you not to have kids". If you see Dr Palmer, please get a second opinion. We are changing doctors. She stated "if u don't like it, you need a new OB". For once we are taking her advice!

flag | Submitted March 11, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Palmer by my OB since i developed gestational diabetes. She was sweet and kind and was very clear about what she wanted me to do in order to control my sugar levels. She explained the kind of diet she wanted me to be on, and listened to all my questions and took the time to answer them. Since i am not an american, she even took the time to listen to what kind of food i normally ate, and what it was made of, and explained to me how to maintain a healthy diet while eating my own food. That is something i appreciated very much. She also always made it a point to check my weekly diet and blood sugar records and advised me accordingly. Once, i just emailed my records to her, but she replied the same day with what she wanted me to do. The staff too are friendly and kind and very courteous. I had a very nice experience with Dr. Palmer, and would recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2013

Thanks to Dr Palmer I have a beautiful healthy little boy. She not only saved my sons life but my own as well! I think it is important to remember that Dr. Palmer is a high risk doctor . You go to see her because your pregnancy isn't the norm. Sometimes the truth needs to be delivered in a way that patients understand the urgency or severity of their situation. I was told to put on my big girl panties and instead of being offended, I took her advice and did ALL other things she told me and the outcome is a miracle. I am so thankful for her honesty and that she wasn't afraid to tell it to me straight! When I did what she said I was much less stressed and so much healthier. She truly was a miracle worker!

flag | Submitted July 30, 2013

flag | Submitted March 24, 2013

She is the best. I was an older mom with a history of gestational diabetes and a c section. No other doctor would take me on. Doctor took the best care of me during and after the birth (vbac). Me and my happy healthy six year old have a lot to thank her for. She is very friendly and is very knowledgeable. Would recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2013

She is very sweet and doesn't rush you. They also return my calls.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2011