Ratings for Dr. John A. Griffin

The most scariest Dr out there when it comes to colorectal surgery! Botched my surgery not once but twice. Please do your research on this guy before you ever put your life in his hands!

flag | Submitted September 20, 2014

Yikes! I was informed he was the best colon surgeon in Utah. I trusted the referring health care practitioner and I should have gotten a 2nd opinion. It was a disaster. The Ostomy sank into my abdomen and I was using as many as 4 ostomy bags per day due to how this surgery backfired. I had to get it corrected a year later by another surgeon. When Dr Griffin was contacted initially he was not able to be available for three weeks. When I finally DID get to see him and informed him he sent me to this wound care nurse. Her solution would have taken me 2-3 hours process whenever I needed to change the ostomy bag appliance. Very...Very...Very...pathetic care. He claimed initial surgery on my colon took 8-9 hours with a 1 hour pause due to a technicality. This botched procedure set off a chain reaction that was termed as me being " one of the most bizarre cases seen" by the physician assistant at the oncologist office I also went to see. Amusingly I was told Dr Griffin was the "best surgeon"

flag | Submitted June 6, 2014

Dr. John A. Griffin's Credentials

• Loma Linda University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)