Ratings for Dr. John A. Griffin

Dr. Griffin is honest, plain speaking and most importantly, he does listen. His professional acumen is outstanding and although I am complicated medically, he removed a piece of colon, fixed a hernia AND corrected a rectal prolapse, ALL LAPROSCOPICALLY!! I found him and his staff caring and I would trust them with my life.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2019

Dr. Griffin is a smooth talker... but don't let that fool you. He's ARROGANT and IGNORANT to the needs of his patients. He does NOT LISTEN to patients nor families making it almost impossible to treat your loved one effectively. My husband almost died because of him, and now he's trying to take every last bit of hope away... because he thinks he's always right... and "every thing will be fine " EVERYTHING IS NOT FINE!!!

flag | Submitted July 10, 2018

My experience with Dr. Griffin is very different from the ones described in the other reviews. I found him to be him to be skilled and attentive. The office he works at now is very professional and helpful.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2018

The most scariest Dr out there when it comes to colorectal surgery! Botched my surgery not once but twice. Please do your research on this guy before you ever put your life in his hands!

flag | Submitted September 20, 2014

Yikes! I was informed he was the best colon surgeon in Utah. I trusted the referring health care practitioner and I should have gotten a 2nd opinion. It was a disaster. The Ostomy sank into my abdomen and I was using as many as 4 ostomy bags per day due to how this surgery backfired. I had to get it corrected a year later by another surgeon. When Dr Griffin was contacted initially he was not able to be available for three weeks. When I finally DID get to see him and informed him he sent me to this wound care nurse. Her solution would have taken me 2-3 hours process whenever I needed to change the ostomy bag appliance. Very...Very...Very...pathetic care. He claimed initial surgery on my colon took 8-9 hours with a 1 hour pause due to a technicality. This botched procedure set off a chain reaction that was termed as me being " one of the most bizarre cases seen" by the physician assistant at the oncologist office I also went to see. Amusingly I was told Dr Griffin was the "best surgeon"

flag | Submitted June 6, 2014

Dr. John A. Griffin's Credentials

• Loma Linda University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)