Ratings for Dr. Joel H. Brandt

Dr. Brandt has been my doctor for over 20 years. He has always been good about not only seeing me immediately when I need him, but also returning phone calls to answer questions. Excellent doctor, and he saved my friend's life by getting him to the right specialist in time to be correctly diagnosed for a very rare blood disorder. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2014

Do not go to this doctor. I had been his patient for 6 years and unless I wanted a prescription he was unable to help me. The breaking point was when he suggested that maybe I was just depressed and my symptoms were all in my head - after 6 years? All of this was said as he faced away from me looking at my file. In hindsight, my symptoms were a direct result of the two prescriptions he had me on - which triggered a warning in the pharmacy's system that the drugs should not be taken together. After all of this time I realize that it's not a coincidence there are _always_ pharma salesmen in his office and a closet full of samples. Bottom line he overprescribed, was oblivious to side affects and withdrawal symptoms, and never took the time to actually diagnose what was going on with me. Since then I have quit the prescribed drugs (and found information online about the symptoms of withdrawal) and have a doctor who came up with his own diagnosis that we are working on solutions for.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2011

I have been going to Dr. Brandt for almost 15 years and I LOVE him. He knows me and my family personally and has always given us excellent care. Great General Practitioner "GP"... and excellent office staff. We're so lucky to have him!!

flag | Submitted April 25, 2011

Popular doctor on the Mesa, but DON'T let him give you a hernia checkup. (I'm still suffering over a year later.) He's a nice guy and his rates are very fair. He was my doctor for over 5 years until this unfortunate incident. He accepts Blue Shield, but his office had a little trouble billing it properly.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2008

Dr. Joel H. Brandt's Credentials

• Ohio State University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1971)

AARP