Ratings for Dr. Noreen Z. Johnson

Very pleased with her. Her nurse is so rude and the receptionist is rude. Dr. Johnson is a very thorough doctor.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

I do not suggest going to this doctor unless you want absolutely no help, rude service and the most painful examinations EVER!!

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

She doesn't let you speak, she only wants you to do what SHE SAYS and that's it. She's very conservative, and being that I have tattoos and all, she looked at me disgusted the entire time. Roughest pelvic exam I have EVER gotten. She told me I didn't need to have kids because of my "condition." I asked her, "So you're really going to tell me I don't need to have kids because of my schizophrenia? Really?" And all she said was, "Yes, that is what I am saying." I TRIED so hard to talk to her about possibly having my first child but not being able to and all she said was my tubes were most likely blocked, and said the only thing to fix was surgery. Which it is NOT!! IVF TREATMENTS ARE NORMALLY USED TO FIX THAT!! She just wants MONEY!!!

flag | Submitted March 26, 2017

I had a total hysterectomy with dr. Johnson. The moment I opened my eyes after I was in excruciating pain. She came in my room.the day after I.was.up.all night crying. The hospital doc had to help me because she went home. She came in my room.yelling and I had to have the head.nurse remove her from my room. I still have nightmares about the pain.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2015

I went to see Dr. Johnson for a endometriosis and fertility consult. Her staff seemed nice, but that is false advertising to what I got from her. She did the pap, which was very uncomfortable. She did a very violating pelvic. I've never had bleeding after a pelvic exam. When she pulled her glove off, it was literally covered in blood! I bled for a few hours afterward and then have been spotting ever since. I'm sore as well still. Basically she said I had endometriosis and made us feel like we were selfish for wanting another baby. She seemed all to eager to do surgery. She recommended a total hysterectomy! She really didn't seem to concerned with us trying to conceive and implied that it would be an act of God for us to get pregnant. I sat on her table crying and she just kept going! Needless to say, I refuse to do surgery and am getting a second opinion! How can she make assumptions like that without knowing how bad my condition is or if I even have it at all?! Don't walk, run!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2014

Dr. Johnson was very caring and interested in my health. She reminded me of several immunizations I needed at an older age and took care of them in her office.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2013

I have gone to Dr. Johnson for many years. She delivered one of my children 18 years ago. She has always been a good doctor for me, but my last visit was a bit odd. I felt like she wasn't very thorough with me, and suggested surgery, but I am not convinced. I recently moved, and requested to have my records transferred. The office staff transferred me twice before I was able to speak to someone who agreed to fax a release form to me. The person I spoke to was rude and agreed to send me the form, but didn't seem to want to. I am still waiting for that fax...

flag | Submitted April 11, 2013

I have used Dr. Johnson for years. I love her as a doctor BUT she has a horrible punctuality rate. I have waited as long as an hour and a half for my annual well check. I don't appreciate that my time is not respected but you show up late on her time and your appointment can be canceled. Don't overbook or give the doctor more time in between patients if that is the problem!

flag | Submitted April 14, 2011

In October of 2009 I visited Dr. Johnson for the first time. They incorrectly collected a $40 co-pay for my well-woman exam, which my insurance covers @ 100%. When I noticed the credit with my insurance, I contacted them and they advised me to contact the Dr's office. I did so on my annual well-woman's exam in October of 2010. I was referred to their "billing office", which I called. I spoke with Crystal there on 11/1/10 who informed me that Dr. Johnson's office actually cuts the refund checks but that she would contact them on my behalf and that they usually issue checks on the 8th of each month. I let it go for a couple of months because of the holidays, but called Crystal again on 1/3. She advised that Marlene stated the check had been issued and would be mailed within the week. I began calling Dr. Johnson's office directly after that point and have spoken with Marlene or another office associate on her behalf 4x's. Story is always, check to be mailed within the week. Terrible.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2011

The waiting room was extremely full. The office was overbooked. I waited an hour and 15 minutes past my appointment time before I was seen. I made it clear that I was there for a consultation. I just wanted to ask a few questions about my hormones. Immediately, the medical assistant assumed that I was going to get a pelvic exam even though this was my first visit. She seemed very irritated that I wasn't going to comply. It was evident that they simply wanted to charge me for the exam whether or not I needed it. After talking with the Doctor she said that I most likely had endometriosis because I didn't enjoy sex that much. (I now know there are many conditions that could cause lack of sex drive) She didn't talk about any of those. She wanted to do an ultra sound and surgery. I couldn't help but think that she simply wanted money. It was a little convenient that the disease she said I had was very hard to diagnose even with surgery.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2011

Dr. Noreen Z. Johnson's Credentials

• Spanish

• Howard University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)

MB Health