Ratings for Dr. Andrew Sagan

Very rude and extremely aggressive with my daughter at one point he told me to stop talking because he's going to do all the talking

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

Failed to diagnose two BASIC and SERIOUS issues my child had. Don't trust a child you love to him.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014

My husband and I love Dr. Sagan for our son. We love that Dr. Sagan takes the time proactively to call us to see how our son is doing after he's been sick or we had concerns after appointments such as if he was gaining enough weight when he was a newborn, even if it's at 8pm at night or on Thanksgiving day, it's apparent he really cares for his patients. Every time we've needed a more urgent appointment with him, we get one, and his staff is great too. I would recommend him to anyone (except maybe parents that need to be coddled, he's not your doctor, he's your child's doctor!). As to comments that he's rude or condescending, it might be more of a misunderstanding of his personality and sense of humor, we have never felt that way.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2014

My husband and I love Dr. Sagan for our son. Our son sees several specialists at Lurie Children's hospital for specific issues but we prefer to keep Dr. Sagan as his pediatrician. We love that Dr. Sagan takes the time proactively to call us after our Lurie procedures to see how our son is doing or after he's been sick, even if it's at 8pm at night or on Thanksgiving day, it's apparent he really cares for his patients. Every time we've needed a more urgent appointment with him, we get one, and his staff is great too. I would recommend him to anyone (except maybe parents that need to be coddled, he's not your doctor, he's your child's doctor!).

flag | Submitted August 14, 2014

Go somewhere else!! Rude, Condescending and I wanted to put some expletive here!

flag | Submitted June 3, 2014

Rejected our daughter for medical care because we refused to allow them to administer 6 vaccines at once. We desired an alternative schedule. A complete lack of knowledge when we asked questions regarding the health of our baby girl. Laughed at when asking questions regarding the safety of vaccines. Arrogant and condescending. No compassion for parents or their questions regarding their child.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2013

We saw Dr Sagan because our doctor was booked up that day. Wow. Rude and condescending. I don't know if he was trying to make me feel like a crap mom or not. He didn't succeed. He made me feel like he was a crap person. I have no insight as to the quality of his medical skills because we were there for a simple issue and he treated it fine. His additional comments were unwelcome. He suggested sometimes mothers should quit work and stay home if their kids were sick in daycare. Thanks Doc - are you paying my bills?

flag | Submitted October 29, 2012

This doctor is very condescending. Dr. Sagan does not offer and environment where parents can ask questions freely. He gets visibly annoyed if you ask him something he believes he talked about on a previous visit. When in fact. He sees many children, I have just one and very much care about what is covered in each visit. I always leave his office feeling mistreated. During my last visit I asked in what percentile my child fell under. His answer was: "Do you want me to write down for you?" No, I did not need his secretarial skills, I needed him to give me his professional opinion about what he thought about the data. Very rude doctor, I am not going back to his practice.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2012

This doctor was highly reccomended to me by a friend. I was dissapointed. His office staff seems untrained and not very professional. He is sometimes moody. There is a communication problem with him. He seems to not believe you when you tell him something about your child and does not remember anything about conversations you had with him previously. He seems to be on top the childs vaccination schedule and is sometimes very kind to the child. But overall, I was disappointed.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2011