Ratings for Dr. Christopher M. Tarnay

Dr. Tarnay was at UCLA when he treated me. After a nightmarish 4 days with 2 visits to the emergency room and a futile visit to a couldnt-be-bothered urologist for acute urinary retention, I was referred to Dr. Tarnay. I feel so lucky to have encountered Dr. Tarnay. I got an appointment for the very next day. Even though he seemed very busy when I showed up, he saw me on time. He is thoughtful, easy going and confident, and figured out my problem within 2 office visits and fixed it within a few weeks. Everyone at his office is friendly and professional. I highly recommend Dr. Tarnay. My only gripe: The office phone goes directly to voice mail if you call after lunch. Not sure if it's a technical glitch or intentionally set up that way, but it needs to be addressed. A tip for those who find themselves unable to pee (at all). Go to the emergency room soon. I wasted precious time driving myself to urgent care only to be told by the doctor there that 1)what I needed was a Foley catheter and 2)that it could not be done in urgent care, only in the ER. I had to drive myself home, call 911 to get to the ER, and even though the paramedics got to my house in 5 minutes, by the time my bladder was emptied, it was 2 hours later, and I was in great pain.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2015

Dr. Christopher M. Tarnay's Credentials

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1994)

MSP/BC Med