Ratings for Dr. Deborah M. Capko

Dr Capko is by far the most compassionate Doctor out there. I wish she could be my everyday Doctor. No question is left unanswered. She actually listens and doesn't have a preconceived answer. She makes lemonade out of the lemons we were handed. Extremely bright, competent surgeon.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

A very knowledgeable, highly competent and caring doctor and surgeon. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2015

Dr. Capko possesses a super-sharp brain, but a caring heart...and she actually listens to you. She is a skilled surgeon. I am now 10 years cancer-free, and I see her once a year...most recently at MSK-BR. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2015

During recent diagnosis and two surgeries, I found Dr. Capko and her staff to be extremely caring, competent and direct. I sincerely appreciated her intelligent , forthright and compassionate concern; I feel so blessed to have found Dr. Capko, she is providing excellent care for those of us in uncharted and frightening territory. I would highly recommend her to family and friends.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2014

Run - don't walk away from this doctor! She is the most arrogant uncaring physician I have ever met. Granted, my situation was complicated but I needed a caring sympathetic doctor to help me make the right decision and Dr. Capko only yelled at me to do what she said or i would die! I learned to prepare well for my consults and I caught Dr. Capko in three lies at our last appt. When I handed her printouts from NCCN or cancer.org contradicting her, she didn't skip a beat and just asked what my next question was. It was truly surreal. I have heard she is a skilled surgeon but she is cold as ice. I felt like a sack of potatoes on an assembly line at Sloan Kettering. Fyi: at sloan, you don't even meet the people who diagnose and recommend treatment, so there is no opportunity to ask questions of those that have already determined your treatment plan. This may explain why Dr. Capko was so in the dark, but it does NOT excuse her inhumane treatment of people at such a vulnerable time.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2014

During my consultation with Dr. Capko it was obvious that she is knowledgeable. She is also willing to answer any questions and direct with her assessment. I think she is wonderful. I am fortunate that I will not have surgery and, as a result cannot assess her beyond the consultation. However, in speaking with her yesterday evening regarding my biopsy results, she again demonstrated a professional, helpful and informative demeanor. Should I ever have another situation where I need an excellent breast surgeon, I will return to Dr. Capko.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2012

Dr. Capko was very focused, helpful and reassuring when treating me recently at MSK-Basking Ridge. She was sensitive and clearly concerned about the condition I presented with. I was grateful that she was able to fit me into her busy schedule on such short notice. I'd highly recommend Dr. Capko.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2012

After seeing the other reviews I was hesitant in seeing Dr. Capko, but during my consultation she was nothing but kind and knowledgeable. She put my mind at ease and she left me feeling happy and ready for my surgery with her. I would highly recommend her to any of my friends or family.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2011

Very sarcastic and condescnding. Good surgeon, but very poor aftercare. Resented my going to a wound center for a second opinion. Will not return to her.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2011

I suppose a doctor must be SMART enough to understand how talk with each one of its patients... But here it does not happen...

flag | Submitted December 16, 2009

Dr. Deborah M. Capko's Credentials

• Umdnj-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School (Grad. 1989)

(General) - Hmo