Ratings for Dr. Michael A. Benavides

Dr Benavides does provide explanation that may not what the patient wants to hear.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2015

Dr Benavides lacks manners and isn't very approachable. He basically scolded me when I asked a question regarding my son. He is definitely not friendly. I couldn't picture him dealing with small kids. He hardly makes eye contact with patients, walks into the room and doesn't greet. He is very robot like. I have no desire whatsoever to see him again. As far as I'm concerned I want to go to a doctor whom I can speak to and ask questions freely and who I can feel cares genuinely about my health. Dr benavides is not the doctor for that. He might be very knowledgable and medicine savy but he definitely lacks personality to say the least. I almost felt like I was inconveniencing him. Ummm hello dr benavides, if u don't like people, you should've chosen a different career. Also, patients = money. No patients mean no money in your pocket.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2015

I called to schedule an appointment and was constantly placed on hold without being asked first or atleast notified prior to doing so. Finally the girl comes back on the phone and says that the dr is not my pcp(hmo ins) when I had a letter from my insurance company stating otherwise. So, I called my insurance, sure enough he is my pcp. I called back and notified the dr's staff and advised them to contact my insurance to verify..again I was rudely placed on hold, girl comes back on the phone and states I can not be seen because I am taking a controlled substance and I need to find a new provider. Last time I checked, my medications do not fall into a "controlled substance" catagory.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2014

Dr. Benavides has been our family Doctor for over 15 years. I'm a hard patient to deal with! Dr. Benavides is extremely patient and honest about your health care questions. I would not go to any other doctor. He will take as long as needed to answer any questions. By far the best doctor for me and my family.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2013

Dr. Benavides knows what he is talking about as far as being a doctor, but he does not communicate it to his patients very well. He doesn't treat you like a person and his bed side manner is very poor. He diagnosed me and prescribed meds for me but did he tell me what I had or what he prescribed me willingly. NO! During the portion where he asks if I had any questions my main question was "What do I have?" and "What are you prescribing me and what is it for?" He is terrible at communicating with his patients. I would not recommend him as a family doctor. I can't even imagine how he is with young children.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2013

Dr. Michael A. Benavides's Credentials

• University Of North Texas Health Science Center At Fort Worth (Grad. 1988)