Ratings for Dr. Thomas L. Gautsch

Dr. Gautsch's surgical talents and personal touch was why my sister chose him for her outpatient knee replacement. She met with several area orthopedic surgeons, but after meeting Dr. Gautsch, she knew he was the one. Our family is so grateful to Dr. Gautsch and his team--for the first time in many years, my sister enjoys a pain-free life!

flag | Submitted January 30, 2018

Even better than I remembered! I am so very grateful to you Dr. Gautch, and your wonderful therapists and staff. You’ve come through for me again! This knee replacement, surgery, and recovery was even faster and easier than I remember my other knee being. And I wouldn’t take anything for either! Your outpatient center is absolutely the only way to go. I truly can’t thank you enough for your skill and kindness. Thank you! Thank you! You’re the best!

flag | Submitted January 30, 2018

BEWARE. Horrible, abusive billing, lack of proper care. They charged over $1k for "surgery on a broken toe", which NEVER happened, he never physically once touched or looked at any toe! ABUSIVE! Over all charged insurance over $3k to see my husband for 5 min for a broken hand (and charged over $900 to "treat the hand") to which he put a brace on it that is used for broken wrists! I called his office two days later to advise them that the brace was causing my husband MORE pain and they NEVER called me back. They don't care about patient care, they care a lot more about billing. BE CAUTIOUS when visiting, and check your statements!

flag | Submitted November 22, 2017

Cheryl Bretz 109 Merrimac Dr. Hendersonville, TN 37075 Feb. 24, 2015 Dear Dr. Gautsch and Support members of Southern Sports Medicine Institute This is a note to express my sincere gratitude for over the top care I have received while in your care. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. From the first day I entered your office, I was greeted with the most professional staff. I could feel the confidence in everyone that I was at the right place. Knowing you had a plan to relieve the horrible pain in my right knee was reassuring. The convenient location of the onsite MRI was a pleasant surprise. I want to commend you and your staff for educating me on what to expect and help me prepare for the repair of my knee. I was more relaxed knowing what to expect. The surgery and my experience with the hospital staff was just as impressive. The follow up instructions were easy to follow. Today, 2 weeks and 1 day from my surgery, finding myself much more mobile and almost my old self is refreshing. Again thanks to everyone for a job well done. My overall experience was excellent. I will recommend your team to anyone needing Orthopedic care. You were all awesome. Sincerely, Cheryl Bretz

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015

He's Great! His staff is Great! His Therapist is Great! Very pleasant outpatient surgery in his new center. Shoulder is Great! Thanks to Dr. Gautsch!

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

Dr. Gautsch really cares for his patients and makes sure they get the best care throughout their time spent getting treatment. I highly recommend him if you need a knee replacement.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2014

I had both knees replaced 4 weeks a part. The whole staff and PT people are great to work with. I can not thank Dr. Gautsch enough for giving me my life back. He explained everything to me before surgury and what to expect over the next 16 weeks. I am at 10 weeks from 1st replacement and all is well and just as he told me it would be. Going back to work this week with new knees that feel great! So happy to have found Dr Gautsch.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2013

He's the best! First choice of all the nurses at the hospital that I know. I think so too.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2013

Best shoulder surgeon! Fixed what others couldn't.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2011

Dr. Thomas L. Gautsch's Credentials

• Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)

Commercial Insurance Company