Ratings for Dr. Russell Dandy

If I could give less I would. My son is a 24 years old who has Downs Syndrome, and recently diagnosed with Epilepsy. He was following up with Dr. Russell Dandy today who has seen him only once before for as he states "Glaucoma suspect". Let me tell you this doctor is very, very, very rude, and arrogant. The first time he seen my son I emphasized the importance of patience when examining him because of the way he was talking to him. Well let me tell you today was worst. When I asked Dr. Russell if lights will trigger seizures he told me that he doesn't know I need to ask a neurologist. I found that interesting because even though epilepsy is not his specialty I would think that he would have some general knowledge of what trigger seizures just in case someone had one during his examine. During the examine he was raising his voice at my son and acting as if my son was irritating him because he could not focus as he directed.I would reword what he was telling my son in simpler terms so that he could understand more clearer. Also in a more calmer voice. My son also has Keratoconus eye disorder which makes it impossible for his eyes to stay still during an examine. I have been told by another specialist in Atlanta that he didn't see that he has Glaucoma but suggested that I follow up with Dr. Russell since he has him on latanoprost eye drops. When I asked Dr. Russell if it was necessary for him to be on the drops he told me that he don't know because my son will not let him examine him the way that he should. I asked him what do you mean let you, do you not understand that he has a disability and that he is trying? I proceeded to tell him that it is obvious that he does not work with patients that has disabilities because his behavior is very offensive. Well instead of apologizing or at least try to explain his behavior he told me that he felt uncomfortable and that I must be uncomfortable so he was dissolving our relationship. If you or your love one has a disability please look else where this is not the doctor for you!

flag | Submitted May 25, 2018

Dr. Russell Dandy's Credentials

• Medical College Of Georgia (Grad. 1997)