Ratings for Dr. Sherman Master

Simply the best psychiatrist I have encountered. He was very professional and has in-depth knowledge. He spent an entire hour with me.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2013

I was soooo impressed with Dr. Master, he gave us so much hope in a hopless situation. I have tried for 6 yrs to help my son and NOBODY gave us the tools and direction that he has. I am an RN in the Richmond area and I recommend Dr. Master.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2011

I like him a lot. He is old school... insightful, empathic, supportive, motivating. Artfully knew when I needed ventilation and help organizing my thoughts and emotions and a plan versus just giving me a plan. Always found time to see me despite my crazy schedule. Remarkable for his age and also a good human being.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2011

always late and hard to reach by phone or any other means available

flag | Submitted December 30, 2010

Dr. Sherman is the interim medical director at Williamsburg Place. I think he has senility and needs to retire. He couldn't remember what he had said thirty seconds after saying it. He was an unreliable reporter. He was agitated, defensive, and rude. I think he really screwed up my son's meds. He couldn't differentiate between a symptom and a diagnosis. It's sad because it sounds like he was a competent physician at one time. I think it's dangerous to have him still working with patients.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2010

The best I have ever worked with. Great supporting cast.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2008

I felt ABANDONED when Dr. Master would not return phone calls to set up an appointment to see him, while my medication ran out. I am going to need to find another doctor who will actually return a phone call after nine days of messages. Obviously Mr. master cannot be bothered. I thought something may have been wrong in the beginning when he ranted ant raved about 'how much time he spent' trying to get in touch with someone at Anthem to confirm my prescription (-and he was highly irritated!!)-Im wondering now if now he's just not returning my phone call for an appointment because of that, and the fact that I waited until I had a week let on my scripts to call him. I guess he's (not) telling me that he doesnt want my business. I will be findng another doctor, and reporting him to the board. Its a gof thing I wasnt someone in dire need of the welbutrin, and ready to fall apart after not being on it!....Master should retire.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2007

very kind, thorough, takes his time, wants to be helpful, may be too tolerant of acting out behavior he finds amusing

flag | Submitted July 25, 2006

Dr. Sherman Master's Credentials

• Va Commonwealth Univ, Med Coll Of Va Sch Of Med, Richmond Va 23298 (Grad. 1961)

Workers Comp