Ratings for Dr. Alberto J. GONZALEZ

I recently went in to get a professional opinion on a vein on my leg that was bothering me and had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Gonzalez. He is by far the best.. Very knowledgeable, very easy to talk to and his optimistic attitude definitely leaves you feeling confident. Thank you Dr. Gonzalez and staff for treating me so good and making my procedure a success.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2017

Dr. Gonzales and his assistant Alexa have been awesome. I didn't realize how bad my legs were until after he performed surgery on one leg and the other one was waiting for surgery. I felt like I was dragging around a lame leg. Now that both legs are done, I feel so energetic and feel like I'm 20 years younger! I have been recommending Dr. Gonzales to everyone who needs vein surgery. He's the best!!

flag | Submitted September 26, 2016

Dr Gonzalez is great. He was always upbeat and positive. From the diagnosis to the treatment, kept myself and my family informed. Each step was explained so we knew what to expect throughout the whole process of my procedure. The Lutz office is wonderful and convenient for me. I felt like they were working as a team and I never had to wait long to be seen. Thank you all.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

Excellent Dr, professional, high quality care by Dr. and the rest of the staff.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016

I had my varicose veins removed. Dr. Gonzalez did an excellent job with a high level of professionalism! I highly recommend him!!

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015

I was treated very well by the entire staff at The Vein and Vascular Institute and Dr. Gonzalez. I never had to wait long during my appointments. I'm also very satisfied with my surgery results and would recommend treatment at their clinic.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2015

I would highly recommend the Vein and Vascular institute. Great staff and doctors! Dr. Gonzalez was very thorough, friendly and professional.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2015

During all of my procedures with Dr. G I felt safe. My comfort level was of high importance to the doc and staff... even that of my 88yr old mother who was waiting for me. Everyone at the Vein and Vascular Institute was courteous, conscientious, and caring. Would highly recommend.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

I have always had a very good experience at The Vein and Vascular Institute. I have a Triple A that Dr. Gonzalez has been checking every six months to see if it has grown. From the front desk to the back with the nurses, and the Sonogram techs, to seeing Dr. Gonzalez has all been a pleasurable experience. I started out at the office in Lutz and now I am going to their West Waters office which is practically up the street from me. I wouldn't change a thing, professionalism at it's best.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015

Dr. A. Gonzalez did an above knee amputation for me. Words cannot describe how much I have respect for all the doctors (Dr. Gonzalez, Dr. Kerr and Dr. Gonzalez). I have never had better surgeons who were not only knowledgeable but still took the time to explain all phases of the operation. I would recommend THE VEIN AND VASCULAR INSTITUTE to anyone who is seeking knowledgeable and professional group of doctors.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

Dr. Alberto J. GONZALEZ's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Tampa Vascular Specialist – Alberto Gonzalez, MD FACS Is An Expert In Treating All Venous Disorders & Arterial Diseases Tampa Vascular Specialist, Dr. Alberto Gonzalez is Board Certified in both General Surgery and Vascular Surgery, treating all arterial and vein diseases using the most up-to-date surgical techniques that are minimally invasive, offer quick recovery time and leave minimal to no scars. Dr. Gonzalez has performed thousands of vascular surgery treatments including endovascular aortic aneurysm repair (EVAR), carotid artery stenting placement, laser varicose vein removal and peripheral artery bypass surgery, just to name a few. Vein specialist of Tampa, Dr. Gonzalez is fluent in English and Spanish which allows him to fully cater to the Spanish-speaking patients who are in need of vein and vascular treatment in the Tampa Bay area. Education & Training Dr. Gonzalez earned his Bachelor of Science degree with a double major in Biology and Political Science from Houston Baptist University. In 2003, he was awarded his Medical Doctorate (M.D.) from The University of Texas Medical School at San Antonio. After graduation, he went on to complete his General Surgery Internship training at The University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida, then completed his General Surgery Residency at Baptist Health System in Birmingham, Alabama in 2009. In 2011, Dr. Gonzalez completed a two-year fellowship in vascular surgery at The University of Tennessee at Memphis. Certifications & Memberships Dr. Gonzalez is a licensed vascular surgeon in the State of Florida as well as in the State of Alabama, and is Board Certified in General and Vascular Surgery. Dr. Gonzalez is an active member of the Society of Vascular Surgery, the Peripheral Vascular Surgery Society, the Southern Association for Vascular Surgery, and the Florida Medical Association. Taking an active part in many Vascular Surgery associations keeps Dr. Gonzalez updated on the latest research and cutting-edge technology available in the medical field today. So, you can rest assured that Dr. Gonzalez, as well as all the Board Certified Vascular Surgeons at The Vein & Vascular Institute of Tampa Bay are caring for your vein and arterial issues using the most effective, efficient and technologically advanced procedures available anywhere. To schedule a vein consultation with Tampa vascular specialist, Dr. Alberto Gonzalez at our vascular clinic in Tampa, call (813) 377-2773, because your vein and arteries should only be trusted in the hands of highly trained and experienced specialists in the field of Vascular Surgery.

• Spanish

• University Of Texas Medical School At San Antonio (Grad. 2003)

• Varicose veins
  • Arteriovenous fistula
  • Carotid angioplasty and stenting
  • Arteriosclerosis / atherosclerosis
  • Peripheral artery disease (PAD)
  • Lymphedema