Ratings for Dr. Dinah Power

I do not find this Doctor mean. I have been seeing Dr. Power for therapy for several years. She has helped me move forward through many difficult problems. Me, as well as my family, are in a much better place because of her excellent care and practice.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2012

I completely agree...WHY are YOU so mean??? p.s. i ended up getting over that thing you said i wouldn't ever get over with the help of another psychiatrist.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2011

This doctor tells it like it is. Dr. Power assessed me in 1996, and told me that she thought there was nothing she could do for me. She said that I was in need of many services which she simply could not provide. She was correct. I didn't know at the time that I suffered from ADHD. Dr. Power, like most psychiatrists, was not trained to diagnose ADHD (which is considered to be a learning disability, not a medical disorder), and so did not recognize my symptoms. Another doctor was able to make the diagnosis, and I'm in much better shape now. I found Dr. Power to be honest and straightforward. She has superior communication skills and great understanding of people. She wastes no time, and if she can't help she'll say so. I think this doctor can probably be quite helpful to patients who do have treatable psychiatric disorders.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2006

what is wrong with you? why are you so mean?

flag | Submitted July 25, 2006