You may also like

Ratings for Dr. James B. Grimes

Great Dr. and surgeon. 4 surgeries, 3 knees and one shoulder.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2015

first to do single portal arthroscopy on my right knee July 2015 right Oct 16 2015.Love the new surgery . took 4 weeks of therapy and was able to go down on the floor on my right knee. because of that I was able to have my left knee done. I was on pain pills for only two days and am bending my left knee after 3 days from surgery. I had my left knee done in 2002 with the 3 Portal holes. It took almost a year before I could bend it enough to go on the ground with no pain. I can hardly see any scaring on my knee with the new cut. I highly recommend Dr. Grimes for this surgery. Another doctor did my right knee Nov 2014 and it did not heal properly and it tore again. Dr. Grimes redid it in July. so happy my Doctor recommended him.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2015

flag | Submitted October 10, 2015

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015

Treated Shoulder, impingement and frozen shoulder. Started physical therapy the following morning. Painful at first, kept going and followed up at home at least 2 hours per day. After only 8 weeks I had almost full range of motion and on my way to a full recovery. Very positive experience.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2015

Dr. Grimes is a highly knowledgeable and caring surgeon. He has performed 4 surgeries on me and each time he has been helpful and considerate. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

Had a surgical apt at 11 was told to arrive at 945, staff laughed when asked when asking what time will the call back be, didn't get called back until 1230 didn't go into surgery till after 1. A routine ONE hour surgery turned into Two and a Half.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2015

Dr. Grimes performed an anterior hip replacement on my right hip and I couldn't have been more pleased with the results. I had very little pain after the surgery and a very short recovery time. I have had pain in my hip for over 20 years and now I am pain free and ready to have surgery on my left hip! I highly recommend Dr. Grimes to all my family and friends and do not hesitate to recommend to anyone who might have an orthopedic need. He is a highly skilled and caring surgeon. I would highly, highly recommend Dr. Grimes

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

Dr. Grimes performed arthroscopic surgery on my right knee due to a torn meniscus. After only two weeks of physical therapy I feel great . I have no pain and am not limited in flexibility. Wow!! Thank you Dr. Grimes.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015

I had shoulder impingement surgery and Dr Grimes did a great job! He cleaned up some bone spurs and shaved down the bone a bit. I did PT five days a week for two weeks and had full motion. I would recommend him to everyone!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

Dr. James B. Grimes's Credentials

• Cornell Univ Med Coll, New York Ny 10021 (Grad. 1979)

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great Dr. and surgeon. 4 surgeries, 3 knees and one shoulder."

October 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "first to do single portal arthroscopy on my right knee July 2015 right Oct 16 2015.Love the new surgery . took 4 weeks of therapy and was able to go down on t..."

October 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Grimes has performed both of my shoulder surgeries with absolutely fantastic results. I could not have hoped for better. I highly recommend him!"

October 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Over the past three years, I have had, first knee surgery and then two years later shoulder surgery. I recovered in record time with outstanding results. "

September 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Treated Shoulder, impingement and frozen shoulder. Started physical therapy the following morning. Painful at first, kept going and followed up at home at lea..."

July 31, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Grimes is a highly knowledgeable and caring surgeon. He has performed 4 surgeries on me and each time he has been helpful and considerate. I highly recomme..."

July 15, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Had a surgical apt at 11 was told to arrive at 945, staff laughed when asked when asking what time will the call back be, didn't get called back until 1230 didn..."

July 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Grimes performed an anterior hip replacement on my right hip and I couldn't have been more pleased with the results. I had very little pain after the surge..."

April 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Grimes performed arthroscopic surgery on my right knee due to a torn meniscus. After only two weeks of physical therapy I feel great . I have no pain and ..."

February 17, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I had shoulder impingement surgery and Dr Grimes did a great job! He cleaned up some bone spurs and shaved down the bone a bit. I did PT five days a week for tw..."

February 9, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I had a total knee replacement and was walking, pain free in the first week and back to my normal activities of dog training and showing in 6 weeks. He is an e..."

January 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Grimes is an excellent physician who really cares about his patients. I have had numerous orthopedic surgeries in the past with other doctors and Dr. Grimes..."

January 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Grimes did a total hip replacement on me mid-October 2014. I couldn't ask for a better result. Surgery went well, recovery was quick, and he and his offic..."

January 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have had shoulder pain since 2006; non-stop pain everyday. I had a surgery done by another surgeon in 2008 and received zero pain relief and no better range ..."

November 21, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "First of all, Dr. Grimes's staff is caring, efficient, and knowledgeable. It was a pleasure to call them and get answers right away. Dr. Grimes performed an ..."

November 10, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=328591'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 4.1

February 5, 2014