Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey D. Klopfenstein

I was diagnosed with a brain tumor in August 2011. Dr. Klopfenstein preformed a craniotomy to remove the skull-based tumor on September 21, 2011. I had an excellent outcome and a normal recovery time. I found Dr. Klopfenstein to be very down to earth and took time to answer all my questions. I thought I would feel intimidated talking to a neurosurgeon, but he made me feel very comfortable. He prayed with me and my family before the surgery. The nurses who were involved with my care also had high praise for Dr. Klopfenstein.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

I was in an auto accident in 2/2007. Dr. Klopfenstein was assigned to my case. I could not be operated on until stabilized according to the god Klopfenstein but was on too many meds to remember much except his attitude, which wasn't good. He gave me a posterior fusion with rods and screws, took a mere hour and a half but did not do anything anterior. I was in a brace for the allotted amount of time, when weaning froM my brace, I had extreme pain. He referred me to pain management, even though my therapists wouldn't work with me without my brace. They saw but could not legally tell me to get a second opinion. I ask my physician to refer me to someone else. Dr. Haak from Northwestern ended up having to operate almost 15 hours and removing a rib to rebuild what should have been done in the first place. Did I mention all of his rods and screws bent and broke because of this? Listen to your bodies before you listen to an arrogant expert. Expert used loosely.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2013

Dr. Jeffrey D. Klopfenstein's Credentials

• University Of Arizona College Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

AHC