Ratings for Dr. Jack H. Tarr

I had a very unpleasant experience with Dr. Tarr. I needed some refills called in and he insisted on a doctor's visit, although I had been on the meds for years. When I showed up for my visit, he refused to see me over a $30 bill, which I would have gladly paid except that I didn't have any cash on me at the time. It seemed pretty ruthless to me, considering I had never been treated like that over so small a bill by any one else in the medical community. He was also extremely rude and arrogant when I came back with the $30 ransom for my meds. Maybe he should go into banking, where compassion is less valued.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

Brainwashed staff for his money hungry finger. These reviews are falsified by his staff. Has a Knoxville history of fraud and malpractice. Look else where for a caring GP

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

Dr. Jack Tarr is excellent doctor the best I have ever seen he was my mother and father doctor so I stared going to him. I drive two hours one way to come to doctor Tarr. He takes time to let me ask questions, and he answers and makes sure I understand, he has puts shots in my knees that helps for months. He found a terminal illness I had and he has a clinic that open after hours that he sometimes works in and all the doctors are the best. They found my mothers Leukemia in early stages. I can call the prescription line nurse and get my medicine called in fast. His nurse's and staff are always nice friendly and helpful. Dr. Tarr helped me get time off work when I needed FMLA to take care of parents then later for me. My legs have edema he has wrapped my legs while they where weeping, pouring fluid. I trust Dr. Tarr with my life and the lives of my family. Dr. Tarr is a REAL doctor very knowledgeable in everything it usually takes about ten minutes to see him and then it easy check out.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

He is totally closed minded to any suggestions, dismisses patients own experience and actually refuses to treat medical conditions and offers no referral to a Dr. who will.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

What! I couldn't believe what these people were saying about this man. He has TOTALLY ignored records CONFIRMING what I tell him is true and is totally closed minded to any suggestions. A patient KNOWS their own body and lives with whatever is going on 24 hours a day. He is hesitant in ordering test and he NEVER will call you back himself. Only the nurse and that takes 24 hours or so. Meds take forever to get called in 9 and I'm not referring to pain meds. My own INSURANCE company is unhappy with his performance. If you've got problems other than a common cold, this IS NOT your man.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2014

Please go somewhere else this Dr has a habit of dropping patience without notice and leaving them without meds. I have met patience who were given pain meds over a two yr period and became addicted and he dropped them without letting them know why or even trying to help them. Please be aware and choose another Dr.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2014

Dr. Tarr is a great doctor! He has figured out what was wrong and took the steps to fix me!

flag | Submitted February 5, 2013

Excellent, Helpful, Tons of patience, Co-operative, Knows what he is doing, Well Diagonisict, good sense of humor, Treats well and makes you feel part of the family. Good listner, Not after $$$..., Reasonabally low charges and reaches to conclusions with the reasons.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2012

Dr. Tarr is very professional and caring along with being very knowledgeable about the majority of issues brought up. He will discuss issues in a way that the patient can understan. Dr. Tarr is a gentleman along with being a doctor!

flag | Submitted April 26, 2010

I have a choice of doctors, and for most run of the mill issues, I'll see the first doctor who is available. When something is going on that's out of the ordinary, and I need a doctor who is smart, helpful, pleasant, friendly... all the things you'd want in a doctor, Dr. Tarr is the one I'll see, and I don't mind waiting for an appointment (which never takes more than a day or two).

flag | Submitted August 14, 2009

Dr. Jack H. Tarr's Credentials

• University Of Tennessee College Of Medicine (Grad. 1975)

Healthnet