Ratings for Dr. Michael Virro

Dr. Virro is a fantastic doctor who is extremely knowledgeable. My biggest issue with the clinic is reception and it's lack of communication. It's nearly impossible to get a hold of Tina and if you have any issues there is pretty much zero chance of getting a hold of anyone in the clinic over the phone. You can do email but it typically takes 24 hours for a response. I do appreciate how efficient the blood work and ultrasound system is.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2017

Dr Virro is by far the best doctor...hands down. My husband and I have been with him since early 2013. It is true, he is straight forward, very blunt and does not sugar coat things. He may initially come across as very serious but he does open up with time and is actually a very funny and compassionate doctor. I have gone through 6 IVF cycles with Dr Virro and none of them were successful. I do not blame him, he did his best and we tried many different things but unfortunately, none of them worked. Through it all, he was caring, suggested different options, often times treatments that were less expensive. I never felt rushed in our appts, he answered my questions thoroughly and would also take into consideration any suggestions I had to tweak my protocol. He is not out to get your money...he wants to get you a baby. In the end, it was clear that we had to consider donor eggs. I would have gladly stayed with Dr Virro for a donor egg cycle but the cost in Canada is simply to high. We decided to go overseas to Europe for a donor egg cycle instead as it was a fraction of the cost. Dr Virro was completely supportive of our decision and we stayed on at the clinic for monitoring and bloodwork in preparation for my cycle overseas. We got pregnant with twins from that donor egg cycle and after returning from Europe, Dr Virro took over my prenatal care and will be my OB until delivery. ..I couldn't be happier as I trust him completely. Over the years, I have gotten to know everyone at the clinic, from the ultrasounds ladies to the bloodwork ladies, to the embryologists, nurses and even the people in accounting. They have always been a pleasure to deal with and I never felt like a number at Markham. The only "complaint" I have is that it is often very hard to get a hold of Tina (Dr V's receptionist) on the phone. For anyone looking for the best, then look no further than Dr Virro.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

I have gone through all of the comments and debating whether I should go to this doctor. I wonder whether most of the good ratings are fake... The bad rating ones are 'liked' so many times...

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

He is an amazing Doctor! He is very knowledgable and cares a lot more his patients. Thanks to him I am a mom of two. His staff is very friendly and amazing as well. I can't say enough good things about this clinic.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

I had a miscarriage (first pregnancy, stopped growing after 6 weeks 3 days) and went to the early pregnancy clinic, first doctor suggested D&C right away and asked me to come back to schedule the D&C the next week. I went back to schedule for D&C and Dr. Virro was on call and he saw me and told me that, if I were his daughter, he wouldn't suggest D&C due to its complication, although very rarely. He suggested me to try medication first, he said my chance of clearing things out without any surgery was high and definetly worth trying. So I did. I got everything out with the help of the med and I was able to avoid any surgery! Dr Virro saved the day. Also the nurses at the early pregnancy clinic were very nice and answered all my questions with upmost care and patience.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

Dr. Virro was amazing to work with, extremely knowledgeable and is the reason I have my son. There was a bit of a wait to get in to see him, but once we met with him, everything moved pretty quickly from there. Dr. Virro worked with us to find a plan we were comfortable with. We even conceived naturally with baby #2! I highly recommend Dr. Virro.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

Dr. Virro was the most amazing Doctor I could have asked for. I never waited long. He was always very nice, understanding and didn't take any chances. I was in a lot of pain throughout my entire pregnancy , one day I just walked into his office and his staff got me to see him the minute I came through the doors. He watched me very closely did extra ultrasounds when other problems came up and never complained. He is an amazing Doctor to work with and his staff was very friendly, I actually miss seeing Tina and her smiling face. If anyone needs a doctor I would say to use Dr. Virro!!

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

I struggled with infertility for 12 years, 5 failed IVF. Then, I decided to move to Dr. Virro and I became pregnant in my first IVF in his clinic. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful and Dr. Virro is the best.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2017

Waste of money and time.....3 failed iui and 1 failed ivf cycles and doctors at the end says, he does not know what went wrong...

flag | Submitted December 24, 2016

I went to Markham Fertility Center, after two years of wasted time with Dr. Heather Shapiro whom thought I couldn't get pregnant because of BAD LUCK. Dr. Virro is an amazing doctor who is knowledgeable, patient, and has so much respect for his patients. He took the time to explain all options to my husband and I. He searched for answers and gave me the very best care I could possibly receive. During my procedures he reassured me by explaining what was going to happen to me while I was sedated. Always had a way to make me smile and feel good before I left his office. I highly recommend this doctor. I met him in May 2016 and by November 2016 I was pregnant. His staff can be a little difficult to deal with at times. I am looking forward to meeting our son or daughter this June. THANK YOU DR VIRRO!!!!!! I'm so glad and thankful for all his help.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016