Ratings for Dr. Michael Virro

I started seeing Dr. Virro in December 2011, I was 36 years old at the time. I had what is called "unexplained infertility". After 3 failed IUI's and not getting any younger, Dr. Virro suggested IVF, he never pushed it on me and I never felt as though he was after money. I had successfully gotten pregnant naturally prior to seeing Dr. Virro but it ended in a miscarriage. I kept prolonging the IVF process in hopes of conceiving naturally once again. Unfortunately 4 years later and trying religiously my husband and I decided to go for it and try IVF. I was now 40 years old and based on the stats of getting pregnant after 40 with IVF we didn't want to put it off. God blessed us with our first try and we are the proud parents of a 4 month old baby boy. Anyone who says Dr. Virro has a God complex is a moron because when I thanked him for all he had done for us his exact words were "don't thank me thank God" if he does have an ego well he's got the goods to back it up. I personally found him to be genuinely, nice, funny and extremely knowledgeable...and easy on the eyes of course. Point is I wouldn't hesitate to see this man, he is THE best.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2016

Dr. Virro is a great doctor. He helped me conceive after 4 years of trying, IVF, with two previous fertility doctors. He has expert knowledge of hormonal issues when going through the IVF process where the other two fertility doctors didn't even compare to Dr.Virros knowledge. He had a clear scientific answer to EVERY question I asked him. I knew I he would be the doctor who would help me conceive after my first appointment with him. The staff and screretaries at his office are equally as knowledgeable and professional as he is. Nurse Tali has been very exceptional throughout my IVF cycle and during my entire pregnancy. She answers your emails quickly and effectively no matter how many times a day you email her. I was always made to feel like I was her top priority when in need. The most comforting part about being a patient of Dr. Virros is the amount of feed back you get from him, his staff and his lab. I was given daily reports by email regarding all my daily bloodwork, my hormone levels and how my embryos were progressing each day. I was never left in the dark. This was very reassuring during the entire process as the two previous clinics I was at would simply brush off my questions. I would strongly recommend Dr.Virro and his staff to anyone who is in need of his extensive knowledge, compassion and expertise.

Submitted February 9, 2016

I'm not sure where to start to be honest. Dr Virro was the 3rd specialist I went to after several chemical pregnancies and 2 miscarriages. We felt that he was our last hope as no one else could explain why I couldn't stay pregnant. In the beginning, he seemed very knowledgeable and he was throwing all these stats at us. After our first failed FET, the very first words out of his mouth was "well, you wasted a perfectly good embryo". Needless to say, I had to bite my tongue to not tell him off. After our second failed FET, he had to audacity to say that I was the only person in his study to fail twice. Gee...thanks...that made me feel great. On our last attempt, I ended up with a miscarriage. He was on vacation so Dr Garcia delivered us the bad news, after making us wait 90 mins. Since then, no follow up...nothing. I am sure he is a very good doctor (maybe with a bit of a God complex) but he has horrible bedside manners. Yes, I am aware that I am not paying him to hold our hands. The staff is generally friendly if not a bit tardy on getting back to you. Would I recommend him and his clinic? Hard to say. I know that I will not be going back there. Please do your research before choosing your doctor. That is the main advice I can give at this point.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2016

So glad to finally see negative comments here. Please don't see Dr.Virro. They are not interested in your wellbeing. Known them for about 10 years and my opinion has gone from good to bad to an absolute nightmare. Take solace in not having a child or find another clinic pls dont go to him

flag | Submitted January 30, 2016

I had a very negative experience at this clinic. I am skeptical about the large number of positive reviews - I suspect many of these are fake reviews posted by the clinic. I am in my early 30's and was diagnosed with PCOS. I saw Dr. Virro, and from the initial visit, he pushed me toward getting IVF. I asked to try an ovulation induction drug, so he prescribed letrozole, in his words, 'to prove to me that it's not going to work'. The cycle was cancelled and I was told the drug was not going to work. In retrospect, I think this is because I was not monitored long enough to see whether ovulation occurred. I got a second opinion and was pregnant within a month (no IVF required). The cynical part of me thinks I was pushed to do IVF because it is profitable for the clinic. Of course, this would have cost me thousands of dollars and lots of time, not to mention the stress of thinking that I may be essentially infertile. If you need help with fertility, do yourself a favour and go to the Mount Sinai Hospitla satellite clinic in Vaughan (on Bathurst St.). I had a wonderful experience there.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

What a hoax this hole place turned out to be. After several attempts we decided to try another facility that took us in and made us a priority. The entire process was explained prior to us making any financial obligations. Step by step what we would experience and where what would be done all along the way. Thankfully someone will be calling me Daddy, but not because of MFC!

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

He makes miracles happen. Straight up and honest, no fluff

flag | Submitted November 30, 2015

I was a patient of Dr. Virro's a while back and my experience at this clinic was excellent! Dr. Virro always tried to minimize the cost of the procedures by recommending purchasing drugs of a certain size, in order to save money, and not recommending procedures that he felt might not benefit me. At one clinic I went to the doctor wanted to perform a hysteroscopy to look inside my uterus; Dr. Virro felt this was a completely unnecessary procedure, advising that I shouldn't have a problem getting pregnant if I do a donor egg IVF. Dr Virro was right! No problems getting pregnant with donor eggs! I rate the staff a 3 because I found Kathy to be rude and disrespectful AT BEST! It is NOT her business if I am only doing IUIs rather than IVF - Dr Virro is the one that set my course of treatment for a specific reason. All patients should be treated respectfully, regardless of the procedure they are undergoing. After all, Markham Fertility Centre offers all of these procedure for a reason. In the course of an IUI that I had responded to the medications well by producing more follicles than previously, Dr. Virro converted my cycle to IVF, in order to have a look at my eggs; in doing so, this helped him make an accurate assessment of what my problem was, which is poor egg quality. When he converted this cycle, Kathy openly and angrily stated to me that he shouldn't have done that. What Dr. Virro did was grab an opportunity to look into my problem, even if it meant making a little more work for others. And with respect to clinics in Eastern Europe - BUYER BEWARE!!! I did a donor egg cycle in Eastern Europe and miscarried. Whoever posted the little infomercial below is probably making commission off of the recommendation; she should be posting it on Kijiji, which is probably a more appropriate forum to sell stuff instead of cheapening ratemd. Who nows, maybe if she throws in a free toaster her Kijiji ad will get her some much needed attention.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2015

I went to Dr. Virro’s clinic as a very young breast cancer patient earlier this year. I was about to undergo cancer treatments, which could affect my chances of getting pregnant in the future. As a precaution, I had eggs frozen with Dr. Virro’s clinic. Dr. Virro and his staff were incredibly helpful, sympathetic, and understanding. They were easily reachable by e-mail and took good care of me. Although I had Ovarian Hyper Stimulation Syndrome after the egg retrieval while Dr. Virro was away, he ensured that Dr. Garcia took excellent care of me during his absence. She visited me in the hospital every day and did everything she could to help. I did not have any procedures past the egg freezing, so I cannot comment on that just yet. Overall, the two doctors are not only great doctors, but also incredibly caring people and I highly recommend them.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2015

I was a patient of dr.Virro 2 years ago.My experience is not the greatest!On the bases of the tests that I had done at the clinic I was diagnosed that my uterus is arcuate (septum) Dr.Virro said that before attempting my first IVF he has to fix me.Otherwise I will possibly miscarriage a baby when i get pregnant.Luckily there was a big waiting list at the hospital and I've decided not to wait any longer since I was waiting for the first app for 6 months.I've started.Meanwhile I've sent the same results dr Virro was judging me on, to another doctor abroad. Professor said that absolutely no need for surgery.This was consulted again with other specialist and he confirmed-normal uterus.You don't touch it. Anyway,I had 3 IVF's with dr Virro. No luck.First time they kept me stimulating even though they seen I only had one egg.But the ultrasound technition is not allowed to tell you anything and you don't see the doctor so at the very end of stimulation you are informed by a nurse about the results.Very disappointing. To make a long story short...The staff at the clinic is not so friendly.It's impossible to talk to them on the phone,they simply don't answer.The only way to communicate is an e-mail.Emergency phone is not being answered ,neither!The only person who replies fast is Kathy-the nurse.Very pleasant person.To speak with dr Virro its impossible on the regular basis. You never know who is going to do the retrieval or transfer... Virro,Garcia or maybe somebody else...Luck of a draw.From perspective of time ,I don't think the clinic is worth to wait for so long and get the app and treatment.Unless something has changed for better since those two years. Finally I found a very good clinic in Poland-NOVUM. They got me pregnant for the first time!I'm a happy mother! Very proffessional place. Big success rate.Over 16.000 pregnancies that are reported to ESHRE(European Society of Human Reproduction)My doctor was dr Lewandowski. He was the one who was doing my daily monitoring not a technician! Making a short call to ask me how I feel after retrieval and transfer. NOVUM works like a Swiss clock-PERFECT. The staff is very pleasant and professional. Always reachable on the phone for 12hours.Doctors available,also.This was a huge difference having everybody accessible.You feel safe.They are prepared for the conversation having your record in front of them. Every time I was there ,I was thinking that other clinics could learn from them how to look after the patients and the place. I hope my review will help somebody https://www.novum.com.pl/en/home-page/

Submitted October 25, 2015

Dr. Michael Virro's Credentials

Updates

• A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I started seeing Dr. Virro in December 2011, I was 36 years old at the time. I had what is called "unexplained infertility". After 3 failed IUI's and not getti..."

April 8, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Virro is a great doctor. He helped me conceive after 4 years of trying, IVF, with two previous fertility doctors. He has expert knowledge of hormonal issu..."

February 9, 2016
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "I'm not sure where to start to be honest. Dr Virro was the 3rd specialist I went to after several chemical pregnancies and 2 miscarriages. We felt that he was o..."

February 5, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "So glad to finally see negative comments here. Please don't see Dr.Virro. They are not interested in your wellbeing. Known them for about 10 years and my opinio..."

January 30, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I had a very negative experience at this clinic. I am skeptical about the large number of positive reviews - I suspect many of these are fake reviews posted by ..."

January 22, 2016
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "What a hoax this hole place turned out to be. After several attempts we decided to try another facility that took us in and made us a priority. The entire pro..."

January 21, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "He makes miracles happen. Straight up and honest, no fluff"

November 30, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I was a patient of Dr. Virro's a while back and my experience at this clinic was excellent! Dr. Virro always tried to minimize the cost of the procedures by re..."

October 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I went to Dr. Virro’s clinic as a very young breast cancer patient earlier this year. I was about to undergo cancer treatments, which could affect my chances of..."

October 26, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I was a patient of dr.Virro 2 years ago.My experience is not the greatest!On the bases of the tests that I had done at the clinic I was diagnosed that my uterus..."

October 25, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I am with Dr. Virro and I very recently lost my baby at 8 weeks of pregnancy - I did my double donor cycle abroad, in the Ukraine. Dr. Virro looked after me wh..."

October 6, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr Virro and Dr Garcia worked together as a team to get me pregnant and it worked. My only issue was I started bleeding a week later and I complained I was hav..."

October 3, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "When Dr. Virro recommends cord blood banking to unsuspected parents to be, he should also inform them about the adverse effects of early cord clumping, his fina..."

September 15, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I had done fertility treatments at other enters without achieving pregnancy. I found Dr. Virro and MFC and my husband and I decided they would be our last try. ..."

September 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Virro is a fantastic fertility specialist and human being. My husband and I had multiple miscarriages before seeing him. He sent us both for blood work an..."

August 27, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I am very surprised with all the positive reviews. I went to see the"god" doctor a couple of years ago. I was soo embarrassed with my visit. When my tests resul..."

August 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "There is a reason why Dr. Virro specializes in fertility, gynecology, and obstetrics. I have never met a male doctor who is more understanding and supportive of..."

June 4, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "http://www.markhamfertility.com" to "http://markhamfertility.com/". Postal Code has been updated from "L3P0" to "L6B 1A1". Address has been updated from "None" to "377 Church Street". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "19054727128".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I find the preceding comment rather puzzling. Dr. Virro is a OB/GYN that focuses or specializes in fertility matters, not Oncology, which is the area of medici..."

May 21, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Have your baby/babies and leave. Do not stay on with him as your gynecology Dr. Find someone else he will have no time for you or Tina may not let you see him ..."

May 20, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Virro is truly a wonderful doctor. After trips to 2 different fertility clinics and not getting any straight answers, Dr. Virro was able to get to the root..."

May 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I think he is an angel. My laparoscopy didn't take long time and not complicated one. But, even through a small operation, I can tell he is an excellent doctor...."

April 20, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr Virro for the past 9 years. He's always been a great doctor. He's very knowledgeable, kind, and professional. I recently had some..."

April 3, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I had no intention of writing a review this early on in my treatment, but was compelled to do so on account of how outraged I was by the comment made on March 2..."

April 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "So after reading some of the ratings for Dr. Virro, I couldn't help myself to wrote and say my honest opinion. I always wondered if these reviews are fake or re..."

April 1, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "The previous comment is plain ridiculous! I found the staff excellent and although we didn't get pregnant from out 1st try, we will be back for our April appoin..."

March 31, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Virro might be the most knowledgeable in the GT but that's about it. When coming in for a scheduled appoint, they still make us wait for hours and when you..."

March 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Best doctor Hands down. I was unable to concieve for 13 yrs. and now i have a 5 month-old baby girl."

January 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was out with friends and we spoke about my first sons' birth. McDreamy was my son's OB and this guy is the man. He made us both feel very comfortable and I wo..."

January 9, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Virro and his staff are unbelievable. He is a no bs dr and will tell you how it is, but is a super nice guy if you can break his "tough guy" shell! Among ev..."

January 2, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "Have to explain about the staff rating, as staff levels are not consistent. Dr. Virro is great and most of his staff are knowledgeable and very helpful such as ..."

December 13, 2014
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr. Virro's for 2 years with no results. I find this front line staff rude especially Helen. You can never get through and voice mail i..."

November 23, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Virgo and his staff are the best hands down! From the front desk staff Wendy and Tina to Kathy, Tali and Anne-Marie they are the most helpful and compassion..."

November 18, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "We went to Dr. Virro after 2 failed IVF attempts at CREATE centre, where Dr. Librach didn't have anything to say but to "come back for another one when financia..."

November 17, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Extremely knowledgeable, extremely willing to allow his patients to help decide their course of treatment without being insulted; a wonderful, dry sense of humo..."

October 6, 2014
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "People go to him because of infertility he treat them bad. He want only money no proper treatment! Receptionist is very rude. Staff concentrate on coll..."

October 1, 2014