Ratings for Dr. Michael Virro

He is an amazing Doctor! He is very knowledgable and cares a lot more his patients. Thanks to him I am a mom of two. His staff is very friendly and amazing as well. I can't say enough good things about this clinic.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

I had a miscarriage (first pregnancy, stopped growing after 6 weeks 3 days) and went to the early pregnancy clinic, first doctor suggested D&C right away and asked me to come back to schedule the D&C the next week. I went back to schedule for D&C and Dr. Virro was on call and he saw me and told me that, if I were his daughter, he wouldn't suggest D&C due to its complication, although very rarely. He suggested me to try medication first, he said my chance of clearing things out without any surgery was high and definetly worth trying. So I did. I got everything out with the help of the med and I was able to avoid any surgery! Dr Virro saved the day. Also the nurses at the early pregnancy clinic were very nice and answered all my questions with upmost care and patience.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

Dr. Virro was amazing to work with, extremely knowledgeable and is the reason I have my son. There was a bit of a wait to get in to see him, but once we met with him, everything moved pretty quickly from there. Dr. Virro worked with us to find a plan we were comfortable with. We even conceived naturally with baby #2! I highly recommend Dr. Virro.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

Dr. Virro was the most amazing Doctor I could have asked for. I never waited long. He was always very nice, understanding and didn't take any chances. I was in a lot of pain throughout my entire pregnancy , one day I just walked into his office and his staff got me to see him the minute I came through the doors. He watched me very closely did extra ultrasounds when other problems came up and never complained. He is an amazing Doctor to work with and his staff was very friendly, I actually miss seeing Tina and her smiling face. If anyone needs a doctor I would say to use Dr. Virro!!

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

I struggled with infertility for 12 years, 5 failed IVF. Then, I decided to move to Dr. Virro and I became pregnant in my first IVF in his clinic. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful and Dr. Virro is the best.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2017

Waste of money and time.....3 failed iui and 1 failed ivf cycles and doctors at the end says, he does not know what went wrong...

flag | Submitted December 24, 2016

I went to Markham Fertility Center, after two years of wasted time with Dr. Heather Shapiro whom thought I couldn't get pregnant because of BAD LUCK. Dr. Virro is an amazing doctor who is knowledgeable, patient, and has so much respect for his patients. He took the time to explain all options to my husband and I. He searched for answers and gave me the very best care I could possibly receive. During my procedures he reassured me by explaining what was going to happen to me while I was sedated. Always had a way to make me smile and feel good before I left his office. I highly recommend this doctor. I met him in May 2016 and by November 2016 I was pregnant. His staff can be a little difficult to deal with at times. I am looking forward to meeting our son or daughter this June. THANK YOU DR VIRRO!!!!!! I'm so glad and thankful for all his help.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

I am very surprised to read so many bad reviews. I am a person who will do a lot of research and read a lot of reviews before finding a doctor and sometimes i also question if the reviews are authentic but believe me he is an amazing doctor and person. I found DR. Virro and im so glad i found him. I have seen other doctors in the past even outside the country and everyone was telling me im fine and try to become pregnant on our own. Well 7 years latter nothing. When i found dr. Virro i was so happy. I do get some of the reviews though. He has a dry sense of humour but once you get to know him you'll be glad he's your doctor. And yes he is away a lot but i don't blame him. He is super busy so he needs to get away sometimes. The wait time to see is crazy as well. I waited 7 months for my initial appointment but i did my research and while waiting i had all my tests done. His staff are great. Tina is good but hard to get a hold of her. The nurses are amazing. I've always got an email back within hours or sometimes minutes. Long story short he found my problem and i now have a beautiful baby girl and im currently pregnant. I must say though that it took us fee cycles to get pregnant but that was not his fault and i didnt give up on his knowledge. If you want a doctor that is knowledgeable and doesn't sugarcoat things, he's your doctor but if you want a doctor that will always tell you what you like to hear, i suggest you look for another doctor.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2016

Although I ended up getting pregnant on my own, Dr. Virro was the only Dr. who made it his mission to help me get pregnant. If it wasn't for his knowledge, help and guidance, I don't think I would be sitting her today, celebrating my daughters 1st birthday. I personally feel he is the most amazing and honest Dr. I wasn't seeking a Dr. who would console me, I was looking for an expert who would get me the right answers; and he was amazing. The staff at MFC are incredibly amazing, and extremely helpful. I can't thank Dr. Virro enough for helping with my blessing. Not only was he my Dr., but in the end, he became a true friend!

flag | Submitted November 9, 2016

I'm surprised to see so many negative comments about Dr. Virro and his clinic. It's been years since I've been to the Markham Fertility Clinic but my experience was definitely a positive one. I was an IVF patient and no it did not work the first time and of course I was terribly disappointed but I tried again and eventually welcomed a beautiful baby boy to my life by way of frozen embryo transfer. I personally think Dr. Virro is an amazing doctor. He knows his stuff and he is right to the point but that is what I liked about him. Why beat around the bush? I was there to get pregnant, not for counselling. Of course do your research but Dr. Virro has the experience and results and you should trust what he says. Sure it takes a while to get in to see him but like any good doctor out there be it an Orthopaedic Surgeon or a Gynecologist, they are busy! I am very proud to say that my beautiful baby boy just turned 17 and I'm one of the proudest mommas out there thanks to Dr. Virro and his wonderful staff! Thank you :-)

flag | Submitted November 2, 2016