Ratings for Dr. Michael Virro

I went to Markham Fertility Center, after two years of wasted time with Dr. Heather Shapiro whom thought I couldn't get pregnant because of BAD LUCK. Dr. Virro is an amazing doctor who is knowledgeable, patient, and has so much respect for his patients. He took the time to explain all options to my husband and I. He searched for answers and gave me the very best care I could possibly receive. During my procedures he reassured me by explaining what was going to happen to me while I was sedated. Always had a way to make me smile and feel good before I left his office. I highly recommend this doctor. I met him in May 2016 and by November 2016 I was pregnant. His staff can be a little difficult to deal with at times. I am looking forward to meeting our son or daughter this June. THANK YOU DR VIRRO!!!!!! I'm so glad and thankful for all his help.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

I am very surprised to read so many bad reviews. I am a person who will do a lot of research and read a lot of reviews before finding a doctor and sometimes i also question if the reviews are authentic but believe me he is an amazing doctor and person. I found DR. Virro and im so glad i found him. I have seen other doctors in the past even outside the country and everyone was telling me im fine and try to become pregnant on our own. Well 7 years latter nothing. When i found dr. Virro i was so happy. I do get some of the reviews though. He has a dry sense of humour but once you get to know him you'll be glad he's your doctor. And yes he is away a lot but i don't blame him. He is super busy so he needs to get away sometimes. The wait time to see is crazy as well. I waited 7 months for my initial appointment but i did my research and while waiting i had all my tests done. His staff are great. Tina is good but hard to get a hold of her. The nurses are amazing. I've always got an email back within hours or sometimes minutes. Long story short he found my problem and i now have a beautiful baby girl and im currently pregnant. I must say though that it took us fee cycles to get pregnant but that was not his fault and i didnt give up on his knowledge. If you want a doctor that is knowledgeable and doesn't sugarcoat things, he's your doctor but if you want a doctor that will always tell you what you like to hear, i suggest you look for another doctor.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2016

Although I ended up getting pregnant on my own, Dr. Virro was the only Dr. who made it his mission to help me get pregnant. If it wasn't for his knowledge, help and guidance, I don't think I would be sitting her today, celebrating my daughters 1st birthday. I personally feel he is the most amazing and honest Dr. I wasn't seeking a Dr. who would console me, I was looking for an expert who would get me the right answers; and he was amazing. The staff at MFC are incredibly amazing, and extremely helpful. I can't thank Dr. Virro enough for helping with my blessing. Not only was he my Dr., but in the end, he became a true friend!

flag | Submitted November 9, 2016

I'm surprised to see so many negative comments about Dr. Virro and his clinic. It's been years since I've been to the Markham Fertility Clinic but my experience was definitely a positive one. I was an IVF patient and no it did not work the first time and of course I was terribly disappointed but I tried again and eventually welcomed a beautiful baby boy to my life by way of frozen embryo transfer. I personally think Dr. Virro is an amazing doctor. He knows his stuff and he is right to the point but that is what I liked about him. Why beat around the bush? I was there to get pregnant, not for counselling. Of course do your research but Dr. Virro has the experience and results and you should trust what he says. Sure it takes a while to get in to see him but like any good doctor out there be it an Orthopaedic Surgeon or a Gynecologist, they are busy! I am very proud to say that my beautiful baby boy just turned 17 and I'm one of the proudest mommas out there thanks to Dr. Virro and his wonderful staff! Thank you :-)

flag | Submitted November 2, 2016

Absolutely love Dr Virro and his staff! We now have such a sweet little boy thanks to him!

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016

Great Doctor. Terrible staff for donor egg cycles- they are highly unreliable.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2016

Amazing Doctor! Knowledgable and is straight to the point!

flag | Submitted September 26, 2016

I actually chose to go with Dr Virro and MFC 2 years ago based on the excellent reviews on this site, but now I'm not so sure. I don't doubt that he is a good Doctor - I just think he is too busy and has overextended himself way too much to be able to give his best to his patients. You end up waiting weeks if not months for a follow-up with him just to sit for a rushed 15mins or less during which time he opens your file and reviews it in front of you to give you his feedback. Hardly any time to digest the information or ask questions, he's already standing up and walking you out of his office before you can even ask 2 questions. And good luck getting those questions asked after your appointment. His staff are great - but they made some mistakes that cost us a wasted cycle (time, money and emotional stress) and there was no real apology given. I am still not pregnant after another transfer and I have to wait 2 whole months to discuss next steps with him. The issue I have with Dr. Virro/MFC is therefore not his lack of knowledge but more with the patients access to him (non-existent) and how much time he has to spend inorder truly analyze a patients needs and therefore achieve the best results. So now I am getting to my breaking point on whether or not I made a good decision and if I want to stay with MFC.. I am also suffering from 'the devil you know' syndrome and sacred to move somewhere else with chances of a worse experience. IVF is a rollercoaster - not everyone has a good experience even on the best rides.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2016

I will forever be grateful to Dr. Virro and trusted my gut when I left a previous clinic to go to his clinic. I used to see Dr. Marjorie Dixon who was horrible! Dr. Virro took the time to explain everything in simple terms and never did I feel rushed. I personally found him to be funny and loved his bedside manner. This man is not solely looking to make a profit which is how I felt at the previous clinic. I started seeing him at 37 yrs of age and he didn't pressure us to do ivf or any other costly procedures even at my advanced age of 37 at the time. After 3 failed iui's and my age (3 yrs later athis 40 yrs old) I am absolutely thrilled to say we got pregnant with our first ivf and with only 1 egg transfered!! There were 6 retrieved but only 1 made it. I trusted Dr. Virro all along and he is a genuine man who truly knows what he's doing. For the people making comments about his bedside manner or comments he makes, take a joke people the man is funny and he's not there to baby you. His job is to help you have a baby and unless you are in a hopeless situation he will help you just give him a chance. Dr. Virro is simply amazing and his team is great too. Tali is stellar and the rest of the team is awesome as well.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2016

I just about fell off of my chair when I read the review below - I did the reverse and went from Dr. Del Valle to Dr. Virro, and have NO REGRETS!! Dr. Del Valle didn't trigger me to ovulate when I should have been triggered, resulting in me LOSING ALL OFF MY EGGS. Dr. Del Valle basically fried all of my eggs. Dr. Virro stimulates for quality, not quantity, which resulted in an error-free cycle - meaning, he collected ALL EGGS, rather than frying all of my eggs. The review below is shockingly ridiculous! Note to self: MUST write a review for Dr. Deal Valle - it'll make quite an interesting read. To all potential and current patients: Stick with Dr. V. - you won't go wrong, trust me!!!

flag | Submitted July 28, 2016