Ratings for Dr. Michael Virro

I just about fell off of my chair when I read the review below - I did the reverse and went from Dr. Del Valle to Dr. Virro, and have NO REGRETS!! Dr. Del Valle didn't trigger me to ovulate when I should have been triggered, resulting in me LOSING ALL OFF MY EGGS. Dr. Del Valle basically fried all of my eggs. Dr. Virro stimulates for quality, not quantity, which resulted in an error-free cycle - meaning, he collected ALL EGGS, rather than frying all of my eggs. The review below is shockingly ridiculous! Note to self: MUST write a review for Dr. Deal Valle - it'll make quite an interesting read. To all potential and current patients: Stick with Dr. V. - you won't go wrong, trust me!!!

flag | Submitted July 28, 2016

Worst Doctor ever. I had a terrible expirience with him and I do not recommend him at all. I then went to see Dr. Del Valle ask he was amazing.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2016

I've read the reviews below and thought some of them were ridiculous, at best. Kathy was HORRIBLE - if the doctor decides to convert one's cycle, that has nothing to do with Kathy, and as such, she needn't concern herself about how much money the doctor saved me. Secondly, one is there to have a physical problem dealt with, namely, infertility, not an emotional problem - that's why Margaret, the councillor, is there to help with that aspect of infertility. I think Jane should spend more time focusing on her own psychiatric needs first and then concern herself about anything or anyone else. Get help lady. You need it. Oh, and Tina is great, no problem there!

flag | Submitted July 10, 2016

Everything started well, we had our initial consultation, Dr. Virro said everything was fine and we could keep trying naturaly, few weeks later my wife was pregnant laturaly and a week later miscarried. We called several times but no one picked up, so we left a few messages and 2 days later still no call back. We had to call a lab office within the same building to see if they could walk over and get them to return our call. We set up a conference with Dr. Virro to address our concerns and what had happened with the miscarriage, waited 2 hours then Dr. Virro cancelled. We called various times to reschedule but to call back even after leaving messages. It was really strange, it seemed that his office just didnt care. We had to find another doctor.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2016

I wanted to put a very fair review before I go through IVF at MFC. I see that lots of reviews were influenced by whether or not they successfully conceived after receiving care at MFC. I wanted to put an unbiased review here before I go through the IVF procedure based on my experiences so far and again I want to be be fair but give an honest review based on my experience. So I'll start with the positives, Kathy the nurse is fabulous. I had an education session with her. She explains things in a clear way, answers your questions and most importantly to me as a patient, she makes you feel comfortable, validated and you can't help but to trust her. The other positive things, I would say that they are OK in terms of punctuality. You have to wait but it's not as bad as the waiting I had to do for other specialist appointments. Dr. Virro seems knowledgeable. He will answer questions..so go with questions. He will only provide as much information as he thinks is necessary which maybe too little for you if you want to make an informed decision. And if you think of questions after your appointment, you will have to wait several months before another appointment. Dr. Virro appeared to be frustrated when we had questions and at the end of one visit (after he answered the questions that me and my husband asked him), he told us "you guys don't seem to be ready for anything" which I didn't appreciate it. Getting pregnant and having children for us is a BIG deal and we should not feel rushed to make any decisions-especially if we don't have all the information. He also joked about my husband's sperms results. I can't remember exactly how he said it (he used an expensive vs cheap car analogy) which I laughed about because I didn't know what else to do at the time...but it's really quite pejorative. I'm glad my husband wasn't there to be insulted. Dr. Virro is also not a doctor that is very empathetic-he will not validate feelings or use counselling techniques. He has a very stoic face and body language. So women who are looking for that type of rapport will probably be disappointed. While it seems that he does "know his stuff" in terms of science behind reproductive health and fertility treatment, he does not seem to care about your emotional state. Tina at the front desk can be very abrasive. On one of my first few visits, I came to reception the desk. I saw a sheet on the desk facing up and I looked at it to see if it a sign-sheet, she came over and very abruptly turned the sheet over and said "that's not for you to look at..you need to come over to the other side"...I think the sheet had confidential patient information. I don't understand why the sheet was right there on the reception in your line of view and why she didn't talk to me in a more professional, kind and less abrasive way. I might have some more to add after going through treatment but that has been my experience at the clinic so far.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2016

I left the previous comments...correction - I actually started seeing Dr. Virro in December of 2012 so I was 37. Fast forward to March 2015 to my first IVF that was successful and I have birth to my baby in December 2015!!

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016

I started seeing Dr. Virro in December 2011, I was 36 years old at the time. I had what is called "unexplained infertility". After 3 failed IUI's and not getting any younger, Dr. Virro suggested IVF, he never pushed it on me and I never felt as though he was after money. I had successfully gotten pregnant naturally prior to seeing Dr. Virro but it ended in a miscarriage. I kept prolonging the IVF process in hopes of conceiving naturally once again. Unfortunately 4 years later and trying religiously my husband and I decided to go for it and try IVF. I was now 40 years old and based on the stats of getting pregnant after 40 with IVF we didn't want to put it off. God blessed us with our first try and we are the proud parents of a 4 month old baby boy. Anyone who says Dr. Virro has a God complex is a moron because when I thanked him for all he had done for us his exact words were "don't thank me thank God" if he does have an ego well he's got the goods to back it up. I personally found him to be genuinely, nice, funny and extremely knowledgeable...and easy on the eyes of course. Point is I wouldn't hesitate to see this man, he is THE best.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2016

Dr. Virro is a great doctor. He helped me conceive after 4 years of trying, IVF, with two previous fertility doctors. He has expert knowledge of hormonal issues when going through the IVF process where the other two fertility doctors didn't even compare to Dr.Virros knowledge. He had a clear scientific answer to EVERY question I asked him. I knew I he would be the doctor who would help me conceive after my first appointment with him. The staff and screretaries at his office are equally as knowledgeable and professional as he is. Nurse Tali has been very exceptional throughout my IVF cycle and during my entire pregnancy. She answers your emails quickly and effectively no matter how many times a day you email her. I was always made to feel like I was her top priority when in need. The most comforting part about being a patient of Dr. Virros is the amount of feed back you get from him, his staff and his lab. I was given daily reports by email regarding all my daily bloodwork, my hormone levels and how my embryos were progressing each day. I was never left in the dark. This was very reassuring during the entire process as the two previous clinics I was at would simply brush off my questions. I would strongly recommend Dr.Virro and his staff to anyone who is in need of his extensive knowledge, compassion and expertise.

Submitted February 9, 2016

I'm not sure where to start to be honest. Dr Virro was the 3rd specialist I went to after several chemical pregnancies and 2 miscarriages. We felt that he was our last hope as no one else could explain why I couldn't stay pregnant. In the beginning, he seemed very knowledgeable and he was throwing all these stats at us. After our first failed FET, the very first words out of his mouth was "well, you wasted a perfectly good embryo". Needless to say, I had to bite my tongue to not tell him off. After our second failed FET, he had to audacity to say that I was the only person in his study to fail twice. Gee...thanks...that made me feel great. On our last attempt, I ended up with a miscarriage. He was on vacation so Dr Garcia delivered us the bad news, after making us wait 90 mins. Since then, no follow up...nothing. I am sure he is a very good doctor (maybe with a bit of a God complex) but he has horrible bedside manners. Yes, I am aware that I am not paying him to hold our hands. The staff is generally friendly if not a bit tardy on getting back to you. Would I recommend him and his clinic? Hard to say. I know that I will not be going back there. Please do your research before choosing your doctor. That is the main advice I can give at this point.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2016

So glad to finally see negative comments here. Please don't see Dr.Virro. They are not interested in your wellbeing. Known them for about 10 years and my opinion has gone from good to bad to an absolute nightmare. Take solace in not having a child or find another clinic pls dont go to him

flag | Submitted January 30, 2016