Ratings for Dr. Michael Virro

After a horrible experience at a larger clinic, we moved to Markham Fertility and waited to see Dr Virro. He’s a fantastic doctor and I appreciate his straight forward (sometimes humorous) approach. His staff is fantastic and I will actually miss seeing them now that we are pregnant and graduating from the fertility clinic to Sunnybrook Hospital for delivery which is closer to home for us. You can’t ask for better.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2017

Never go there.... ..........................

flag | Submitted November 7, 2017

Dr Virro is amazing, he is extremely knowledgeable and friendly, I didn't have the feeling that he just wants to make money and I really trusted him, all the staff except Helen are friendly, Tali is very nice she is one of the best, but Helen is completely different she is not friendly at all she yelled at me few times, I think Dr Virro should talk to her maybe she is overloaded with lots of work, but it does not mean that she has the right to yell at patients.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017

Unfortunately I have been few fertility clinics but I had the worst experience here ... I didn't feel comfortable in this clinic ...Stuff is only nice when you are paying otherwise they dont care about you and the doctor definitely doesn't care how you feel about your infertility ... I wish I would have never went to this clinic am so disappointed !! NOT RECOMMENDED by me

flag | Submitted September 12, 2017

I am absolutely disappointed and shocked how such a doctor spoke to his patient. I had 3 miscarriages in the past and I came to his clinic to have an opinion on recurrent miscarriages. I heard his clinic through researching online and hoping to recommend any diagnostic test why my pregnancy were failed. all he said was my eggs are poor quality due to my age over 40. I requested to obtain a test to find out what is going why I had recurrent miscarriages, he said it costs 3 grand US dollars...your best bet is egg donors. He also said we don't want you to get the test because what is the point of it your egg is old. If you get that test then you don't want an egg donor. Why would I want to risk your body to go through such a pregnancy again if something wrong on it? What do these doctors tell you?? Crystal clear, Dr. Virro was saying the test is only available to those people who would sign up for expensive treatment such as Egg Donors. Fertility doctors will tell you how they want you to get a treatment and diagnosis just to funnel your money out of your pocket. Couples must be very careful and analyze how these fertility Doctors communicate with you especially you are in the highest level of desperation to have a child. He was my 3rd fertility Doctors ..none of them said something wrong with me except my egg is very old. They don't even discuss the results of your ultrasound and tests results..meaning nothing wrong. Any kind of Doctors should have offered an alternative treatment as stated on College of Physician and Surgeon of Ontario. It was very sad experienced and I felt I was denied on said testing..live and learn.....I have a high FSH and there is no treatment on that. I continued and said, you suggested an egg donor so y own body rejected pregnancy how much more for other people's DNA..Oh we will treat you and do testting..what kind of nonsense is that? It means they control you and make sure you spend money on a simple and non problematic fertility issue...I am disgusted with these people, liars and very deceiving. All they see you is your age and what do you do for living then boom..give me your 25 grand to have a child....I felt sorry to those people who believed and get deceived right away...that they have a problem. Dr Virro even said why wasting tax payers money to do the test while your egg is old???Unprofessional and Nasty person, as I bit my tongue in front of my husband I would hav said ..is NONE of your Business as I am a tax payers for all my life too...

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

Nice Doctor, easy to talk to although I was so stressed on out first visit. We did "IUI" based on his suggestion and on the first try we got pregnant. So thankful to him

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

Dr. Virro is a fantastic doctor who is extremely knowledgeable. My biggest issue with the clinic is reception and it's lack of communication. It's nearly impossible to get a hold of Tina and if you have any issues there is pretty much zero chance of getting a hold of anyone in the clinic over the phone. You can do email but it typically takes 24 hours for a response. I do appreciate how efficient the blood work and ultrasound system is.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2017

Dr Virro is by far the best doctor...hands down. My husband and I have been with him since early 2013. It is true, he is straight forward, very blunt and does not sugar coat things. He may initially come across as very serious but he does open up with time and is actually a very funny and compassionate doctor. I have gone through 6 IVF cycles with Dr Virro and none of them were successful. I do not blame him, he did his best and we tried many different things but unfortunately, none of them worked. Through it all, he was caring, suggested different options, often times treatments that were less expensive. I never felt rushed in our appts, he answered my questions thoroughly and would also take into consideration any suggestions I had to tweak my protocol. He is not out to get your money...he wants to get you a baby. In the end, it was clear that we had to consider donor eggs. I would have gladly stayed with Dr Virro for a donor egg cycle but the cost in Canada is simply to high. We decided to go overseas to Europe for a donor egg cycle instead as it was a fraction of the cost. Dr Virro was completely supportive of our decision and we stayed on at the clinic for monitoring and bloodwork in preparation for my cycle overseas. We got pregnant with twins from that donor egg cycle and after returning from Europe, Dr Virro took over my prenatal care and will be my OB until delivery. ..I couldn't be happier as I trust him completely. Over the years, I have gotten to know everyone at the clinic, from the ultrasounds ladies to the bloodwork ladies, to the embryologists, nurses and even the people in accounting. They have always been a pleasure to deal with and I never felt like a number at Markham. The only "complaint" I have is that it is often very hard to get a hold of Tina (Dr V's receptionist) on the phone. For anyone looking for the best, then look no further than Dr Virro.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

I have gone through all of the comments and debating whether I should go to this doctor. I wonder whether most of the good ratings are fake... The bad rating ones are 'liked' so many times...

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

He is an amazing Doctor! He is very knowledgable and cares a lot more his patients. Thanks to him I am a mom of two. His staff is very friendly and amazing as well. I can't say enough good things about this clinic.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017