You may also like

Rate Dr. Michael Virro

Dr. Michael Virro's Ratings

There is a reason why Dr. Virro specializes in fertility, gynecology, and obstetrics. I have never met a male doctor who is more understanding and supportive of what women go through. Although my infertility issues have developed into more complicated medical issues, Dr. Virro has been a true advocate in finding me the specialized care that I've needed. Throughout this extremely difficult journey, Dr. Virro and his staff have demonstrated a great deal of compassion and support. They have been extremely helpful to me in these past several months, and I intend to follow up with Dr. Virro for all of my gynecological needs, despite the fact that I don't live anywhere near Markham. MFC is NOT out to get your money. Fertility treatment is expensive and the staff deserves every penny they get for all the long hours they work, for each individual case they deal with, and for all the patience they have. I have nothing but positive things to say about this clinic and they have proven to me time and time again that they are doing the best they can to help every one of their patients. I would trust Dr. Virro with my life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2828448].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 5, 2015

I find the preceding comment rather puzzling. Dr. Virro is a OB/GYN that focuses or specializes in fertility matters, not Oncology, which is the area of medicine that deals with cancer. I am genuinely sorry for this person - my heart goes out to anyone that has cancer.

Thus far, my experience with Dr. Virro has been that he does respond to emails - in fact, I have been a pain in the neck lately, with respect to emails, and Dr. Virro has been VERY patient with me, by responding to all of my emails in a fairly timely manner. My experience has been in STARK CONTRAST to the that noted in the preceding commentary. With respect to getting in to see him, I surmise that he focuses on fertility issues - this is derived from the fact that it is a fertility clinic that he runs. Again, my heart goes out to the person who had written the preceding comment, please get in to see an Oncologist asap, as, this is their area of expertise & they will be able to help you. From my heart, I wish you all of the best.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2814716].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

Have your baby/babies and leave. Do not stay on with him as your gynecology Dr. Find someone else he will have no time for you or Tina may not let you see him even if you are bleeding and have been to emergency. Be careful ladies I have stage 3 cancer.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2812546].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 20, 2015

Dr. Virro is truly a wonderful doctor. After trips to 2 different fertility clinics and not getting any straight answers, Dr. Virro was able to get to the root cause of our issues right away. He gave delivered the news in a very straight forward manner and told us he wouldn't waste time doing other treatments that probably wouldn't work for us. I am now 30 weeks pregnant and it is thanks to him. He's definitely not on-time all the time, but really what doctor is. I always felt he took the time he needed with me and never felt rushed, so I'm willing to wait a little longer for that. Staff are great and helpful with any problems or questions you encounter. Highly recommend this clinic.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2796974].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015

I think he is an angel. My laparoscopy didn't take long time and not complicated one. But, even through a small operation, I can tell he is an excellent doctor. Trust is the most important thing between an doctor and an patient. He absolutely own my trust. Hard to see why but you will know when you look at his eyes.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2783154].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr Virro for the past 9 years. He's always been a great doctor. He's very knowledgeable, kind, and professional. I recently had some gynacological issues and went to see him. He had to admit me to the hospital for some issues and he managed to come to see me everyday despite of his busy schedule. He's very smart, knowing what to do and tried not to get into risks when not needed. I trust him a lot and totally believe that you are in good hands if seeing him. The wait can be long sometimes but what specialist appointments have no wait!! That's part of the package. The staff is great. Even I don't go see them often they still remember my name. Dr Virro is great.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2766477].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 4, 2015

I had no intention of writing a review this early on in my treatment, but was compelled to do so on account of how outraged I was by the comment made on March 28th 2015. With respect to the review below, written on March 28th 2015, which alleges the doctor is a racist: what a shockingly obtuse claim to make with respect to Dr. Virro. I was aghast at the ignorance AND boldness, especially since different patients have different needs and, as such, some may need to spend more time with the doctor. In my case, Dr. Virro spent extra time with me because of how badly I had received the news that I had to move onto donor eggs, a conclusion made on account of how badly my IVF went, leaving me with zero embryos to freeze. It took me well over a year to get over having to move onto donor eggs, so, you can imagine what state of mind I was in when he gave me the bad news. I was absolutely beyond devastated. So, I strongly suggest to the person that wrote the comment below to get a little perspective on the different scenarios that may arise when dealing with something as sensitive as fertility - that is why I am offering my insight into why Dr. Virro may spend different amounts of time with people. With respect to waiting too long in the waiting room, maybe Tina had mistakenly placed the files in the incorrect order - things like that do happen. I hope this has provided a little bit of insight into why Dr. Virro may spend more time with some and less with others. Hopefully, my review can offer others some insight into the difference experiences a person may have, that may warrant the doctor spending a few more minutes of his time with a patient.

Was this rating useful? 6 [[ userState['ratings'][2764876].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 2, 2015

So after reading some of the ratings for Dr. Virro, I couldn't help myself to wrote and say my honest opinion. I always wondered if these reviews are fake or real so I second guess myself if the doctor is good or not but believe me I hate the fact that some of you had bad experience with the staff or dr. Virro and your negative comments can effect others of not choosing this doctor and not having the opportunity to become pregnant. My husband and I have been trying to become pregnant for a long time going from clinic to clinic but after months of research I found dr. Virro and I could not be happier. Is true that it takes a long time to get an appointment but, this is because he is amazing and is very busy. So after 6 months waiting for appointment, I had all my tests done in the meantime and I was ready to start. After 2 IVF's and 2 frozen transfers, I am happy to say that he did not give up on us and we are now 34 weeks pregnant. He is an amazing doctor and would not look further if I were you. He does the immune testing which not many clinics do and is straight forward. As others have said, he has a good sense of humor and makes you feel very comfortable every time you visit him. I am not kidding, even though I had so many questions prior to seeing him, when I went to his office, he explained everything in detail and I would forget about any questions I had. I trust him completely and I am so happy to have found him.
The staff is friendly too. I don’t agree with some of you that said they only want your money. We have been with the clinic for 2 years and I have not seen any change in behavior towards us from them.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2763323].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 1, 2015

The previous comment is plain ridiculous! I found the staff excellent and although we didn't get pregnant from out 1st try, we will be back for our April appointment and will continue at this clinic. Dr. Virro is truly great!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2763267].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 1, 2015

Best doctor Hands down. I was unable to concieve for 13 yrs. and now i have a 5 month-old baby girl.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2688008].votes_count ]]