Ratings for Dr. Cecil Folmar

I can't believe how this doctors office is operating! "Joanne" the manager of this doctors office had such a condescending and arrogant attitude for someone working as a office manager. I called this office to make an appointment, and was greeted by the receptionist with the nastiest attitude named "Diana". She asked me for my insurance information and told me that they can't review my referrals online, and that she couldn't find my referral. I told her that I had made an appointment with them previously so they must have had my referral information. I asked to speak to her manager, and Joanne the "manager" picked up with a nastier attitude stating that she heard the conversation that I had with Diana. I told her that they had my referral from my insurance company because I made an appointment with them previously, but didn't make it to the appointment. She told me that she'll go look for my referral, and with dedication, she found the referral. I told her to lose her nasty attitude or I'll let the doctor know how they're operating his business, and that I will post reviews about their office if she doesn't act right, and she told me to stop threatening her. Do you not see everyone on Yelp complaining about your behavior? She changes her tone after I threaten her about whats to come to her, and makes an appointment for me. An hour later, Joanne calls me back and tells me that she has changed my referral to another doctor, and to write down this doctors information. I asked to speak to Dr. Folmar, and she states that hes busy, and hung up on me. I called my insurance company, and they told me that Joanne called them and told them that I was being rude, and that I missed an appointment with them. I will make sure Dr. Folmar knows that this has happened, and if he knows that this has happened and is enabling this type of behavior, its a shame. I hope they go out of business. I haven't even met this doctor, yet, an office manager has the ability to change my referral? Is this even legal?

Submitted July 31, 2017

I can only give a rating from a past experience, not current. I am pleasantly surprised to see Dr. Folmar still practicing!! He removed my tonsils when I was 17, and that was back in 1977. He was a skilled and caring surgeon back then. He must be doing something right, and still passionate about helping those who are sick. Proud to see he is still going strong.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

HE IS A GREAT NOSE DOCTOR I WOULDNT WANT ANYONE ELSE, AND THE STAFF IS AWESOME, THEY ARE VERY CAREING AND KNOW THERE STUFF I SO RECOMEND THIS PLACE

flag | Submitted June 20, 2014

I personally can say Dr. Folmar knows his stuff. Regardless of the wait he's truly careing and he goes out of his way for his patients. And for him still being a surgeon he's wonderful!! Some patients mite complain of how long he takes. You have to remember to give much credit to staff working in the medical fiel these days its quite tough and way busy with all the changes...but it sure does get done and they are willing to help thanks to all staff and to dr making me well these last years!!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2014

Once you see Dr Folmar he is fantastic. Great bedside-manner and caring. However, expect to wait at least one hour after apps time regularly.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2014

Dr. Cecil Folmar's Credentials

• University Of Southern California School Of Medicine (Grad. 1961)

Top Hospitals in Westminster, CA