Ratings for Dr. Brian B. Mcknight

I had one meeting with Dr McKnight, I found him competent, intelligent, helpful and a good doctor. His staff is THE ABSOLUTE WORST BUNCH OF IDIOTS I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED. I was prescribed a medication and was told that it would take a long time for BCBS to approve. Over six months the idiots in the office gave me a hard time every time I called and asked for a status report. I was forced to get samples while "waiting for BCBS" I finally got a call from their office saying I needed labs and a return visit, which I agreed to. No visits were available for over two months, and the staff person was rude and asked me my number when she called me, incredibly stupid. I called BCBS and they told me that Dr McKnights office NEVER CALLED IN THE SCRIPT and that they would approve in 24 hours. I brought current labs to the office and the ugly nasty old woman told me it was my fault they didnt get the script in, because I needed to be seen again between 4-6 months. They never did anything so it was my fault. This office is full of morons who are nasty, incompetent, and incapable of flipping burgers at Mc Donalds. Do not waste your time here

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

I am writing this for my parent, who, after many negative experiences with Dr. McKnight's staff (lost messages, perennial rudeness) finally had a negative experience with McKnight himself. McKnight missed a very important marker on her regular blood test, a marker which indicated organ failure. He did not notify her or advise her of the change. It was only because of frustrations with Dr. McKnight's staff that a week later my parent saw a new doctor, who discovered the marker in time and saved her life. A very close call. Please do not underestimate the likelihood of negligence at this office.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2016

My husband and I have gone to him for over 12 years. We've never had any problems. He's very professional and knowledgeable. He is very busy but will spend time to explain what you need. I know he is very concerned for his patients, a kind man and good doctor.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2015

I'm glad I did not read the previous 2 review before seeing Dr. McKnight, because I would not have gone to him if I had. My experience was quite different. I was treated with courtesy and patience by his staff. I found Dr. McKnight to be an excellent physician. He spent time to listen to my concerns and explain things to me. He is thorough, competent and caring. He is covering all bases in a skilled, professional manner, while treating me with courtesy and kindness. I am most grateful to be under the care of Dr. McKnight. My experience is vastly different than that of the two previous reviewers. I find him to be an excellent Rheumatologist.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2014

I wish I had seen the other review for this Doctor and staff earlier. Every word in the previous review from 2011 is spot on. If you wanted to be treated rudely by an untrained, unprofessional staff this is the place!

flag | Submitted April 30, 2013

Today was my last appointment with Dr.Mcknight.Personally I like him alot.Professionally however, he is either burnt out or in it for the money.It is a "JOB" for him.He lacks the ability to listen to your concerns and will pretend to hear you.When you finish speaking he will tell you how you feel and say goodbye after writing out your prescriptions.It seems he can't get away fast enough!His staff is incompetent and rude.Forget about trying to make or break an appointment on the phone.They will screw the message up or just forget about it altogether.I do not appreciate the lack ofrespect shown by his staff.Those are the reasons I will no longer be using him as my rheumatologist.My husband has decided to drop him also.If you are looking for a caring and concerned doctor please look elsewhere.Dr.Mcknight is not the one for you!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2011