Ratings for Dr. Padma Mangu

Went to her for thyroid problem and she was no help at all. Recommended that I go to a thyroid cancer specialist which did not make any sense at all since I have such a mild thyroid problem and no nodules. Could not find the right medicine for me to fix my thyroid problem.

Submitted May 2, 2012

Went for thyroid nodules. her 1st recommendation was an expensive u/s guided needle biopsy- I had no insurance. She did not discussed any other alternatives. I suggested the conservative route of following it while going on thyroid replacement medication. 2nd specialist suggested a radioactive iodine uptake study to determine which of my several nodules really should be bxed, if at all(After I got insurance.) Mangus' staff scheduled appt/tests w/o consulting me- the last straw was when my needle bx was scheduled the day before my new insurance went into effect! I felt like a head of cattle being rounded up and herded through the system. Had to wait almost an hour with no explaination as to why on 2nd appt. I am sorry, but I work full time and have to plan dr appts around my hours of work. If I take the morning off and the appt runs into the afternoon, I am screwed. The chance to resched and go back to work would have been nice.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2011