Ratings for Dr. Sheila Brereton

DO NOT GO HERE! She has been my family doctor for years and I choose to go to the walk in clinic over her whenever possible. As a teenager I started having issues with my cycle and she told me it was because of my weight and stress. I did everything I could to reduce my stress, started eating healthier and exercising. I am now down to a healthy weight and am having all of the same issues. This doctor refuses to send me to a specialist and has told me birth control is the answer to all of my problems. On top of all of this, she ignored my father (who injured himself in 1998) about his back pain for years, turns out he is now worse off for it. She disclosed personal information about my health to my sister in one of her appointments, as she didn't even look at her file of who was coming to see her and mistook her for me. Began telling my sister about medications I have been on and that she had gained a lot of weight (my sister went to see her because of a thyroid issue confirmed by a naturopath) to which she laughed and discredited the naturopath.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2018

Been my family’s doctor for many years. She is pragmatic, cautious with prescriptions, excellent with giving referrals when required and gets to the point. My family trusts Dr. Brereton.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2018

WORST DOCTOR I’VE EVER BEEN TO. Never going back. Lacks knowledge and empathy.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2018

The staff and Dr. Brereton have always been so helpful! Thank you for everything you do !

flag | Submitted July 18, 2018

I just read the comment beginning ¨NOT A GOOD DOCTOR¨ and how right that person is!! She isn’t my doctor at that clinic but I will NEVER allow them to book me with her again. She is all about the $$$$ !

flag | Submitted July 9, 2018

NOT A GOOD DOCTOR. Doesn’t listen to the patient. Can’t wait to rush you out the door. Misdiagnose a simple ailment, leaving the patient to get sick!!! Makes rude false statements to “shut you up”, on serious health issues! Sorry Dr. b. but you need to listen to what the patient is telling you about family cancer history, and take is seriously, and NOT DISMISS IT SAYING “it means nothing.” On a Monday, WON’T agree to see patient who has a serious medical problem; tells patient to come on Friday, forcing patient to go to a Walk-in Clinic!! She personally picks and chooses who she’ll agree to see, using the receptionists to “screen out” patients with a problem that she is incompetent to handle. If you need a Doctor, she likely won’t be there for you, unless you’re a patient that she likes and can manipulate into thinking she’s a good doctor. If your on her *#%* list, look out, she just wants your OHIP billing.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2018

She is a great doctor. She knows so much. Listen and trust her. She diagnosed me when no doctor could figure out what was wrong with me. She is well versed on mental and physical conditions. She will never overprescribe, and she is not a fear mongerer like so many physicians are. She is logical. If there is a need for tests she is thorough but she does not waste her patients time. She encourages a healthy diet and fitness before pills.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2018

Dr. Brereton has been my family doctor for years and I am very pleased with the care I receive.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2017

Dr. Brereton is very caring and is very persistent when something is not right. Thanks to her I feel so much better and I feel that she keeps a close eye on my health.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017

Writes off your concern like it's nothing. You can come in prepared with all the facts and she'll still dismiss you and think she knows best. Not up to date on medical information (I've mentioned several facts that she's said aren't true, even though it's information you learn in a basic university biology class nowadays..). She couldn't even fill out a blood work form properly or give proper instructions to prepare for the blood work (the nurse at the blood lab had to ask two other nurses which tests to run because the form was filled out so poorly; I was told to fast for 2 hours beforehand, but when I got there was informed the minimum was 8 hours). I could go on and on. Avoid this doctor at all costs.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017