Dr. Leon E. Popovitz, MD

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Leon E. Popovitz, MD

Dr. Leon Popovitz is an exceptional surgeon, and person. He treated me on several occasions, and thanks to him I am an active, fast walking, dancing 73 year old grandma. His staff is always helpful. I highly recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

Dr. Popovitz has been great each and every visit. Sometimes the office has been a bit slow, but with the high caliber of care, I can't complain too much.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2014

If you have a knee or shoulder issue then Dr. P is just the doctor for you. I've been to him for both body parts in the last decade and each time he made me feel like new when he was done with me.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2014

I went to Dr. Popovitz for issues with my rotator cuff, and after arthroscopic surgery and rehab through this practice I'm back to normal.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2014

What an awesome doctor in medical practice. The staff has been amazing in the care I've received here has been excellent. I wouldn't recommend anyone else.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014

After arthroscopic shoulder surgery with Dr. Popovitz for a SLAP tear, I can honestly say that he is definitely one my new favorite docs. I just had this within the last year and it has really made a difference in my active lifestyle.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2014

I had a torn meniscus back in high school a couple years ago and Dr. Popovitz was able to successfully treat it arthroscopically. Really awesome doc.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2014

Dr. P really helped get through my rotator cuff injury and I can't thank him enough.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2014

Dr. Popovitz was my mothers othopedic for years, and so I deceided to give him a try too. It was the best decision I made.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2014

Wouldn't entrust any other orthopedic surgeon with my care. I first went to Dr. Popovitz 5 years ago when I had a torn meniscus. Recently, when sustained a rotator cuff injury, Dr. Popovitz was again the first doctor I thought of. So glad I did.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2014

Dr. Leon E. Popovitz, MD's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Leon E. Popovitz, MD, co-founder of New York Bone and Joint Specialists, is a top-rated orthopedic surgeon in New York City and New Jersey. He is an internationally recognized specialist in arthroscopic surgery of the shoulder, arthroscopic surgery of the knee and sports medicine.

• English
  • Russian
  • Spanish

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1994)

• Arthroscopy